please can you tell me what ss+ involves..thanks

Lesley cw

please can you tell me what ss+ involves, i had been thinking i might ease myself in that way rather than ss ing..is it any easier guys..thanks in advance..x

Hi I find ss+much easier,its either 4 shakes and 200 ml skimmed milk,or,3 shakes and a small meal its in the pink book if you have one if not I will list for you
xx

thanks ju..dont have a pink book, will the weight loss be very much different tho, think i would rather have the meal than milk, be great if you could let me know..thanks..x

Hi I have started on ss+ today. I have done ss in the past but find it really difficult to stick to now. I find the meal in the evening really gives you something to look forward to all day.

Looking at all the posts on here most people average very similar losses to ss I think the official average is 1st a month ss and 12lbs a month on ss+

This is the details for aam, but I think ss+ is very similar..

You have all your packs as normal and on top of that you have a small meal consisting of.....

Protein

11g/4oz cottage cheese (reduced fat)
50g/2oz chicken or turkey breast without skin
80g/3oz cod, haddock or other white fish
80g/3oz quorn
60g/2.5oz soft tofu opr 120g(5oz) firm tofu

and...

Veg

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac, mushrooms

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a bit of stock if you want.

Hi if you have a look at my losses in my signature they are on ss+ 3 stone 1 in 10 weeks the ss+ protein amounts are a lot more I will list them later as I have to go doing schoolrun now Thanx for listing these though Lola
xx

thanks for that, definately think thats the route im going to take, just seems..slightly less harsh..listen to me what a wimp.!!!!..thanks for your advice..x

Its not wimping out..lol the way I see it if you can have very similar losses and still eat then why not! Its the only thing that keeps me going, and at least that way if you have people round or go out you can still eat something x

Ok so this is what it says in pink book for ss+meal option

120g chicken or turkey breast no skin
190g cod,haddock or other white fish
250g steamed tofu(whats that like never tried it?)
200g quorn
180g tuna (in water)
225g cottage cheese (reduced fat)This is loads of cottage cheese

choose one of those then add

2 tablespoons(not very easy to do that, so I sort of guess but its not a lot)
of:
asparagus
cabbage
celery
cucumber
spinach
broccoli
cauliflower
courgettes
lettuce(all kinds)

apparantley mushrooms are included but they left them out of the book!!
hope that helps
xx

Hi, I am on SS - I heard from my CDC when you are on SS you have to do 4 weeks of SS and then 1 week of SS+ and then SS for 4 weeks again etc.
But I read in the book, it says you can stay on SS for up to 12 weeks, so I'm a little confused.
What do people normally do?

Thank-you in advance

Hi that isnt ss+that is add a meal which is what you do if you ss, ss+you can do from day 1 for 12 weeks.
xx

Hi I have started on ss+ today. I have done ss in the past but find it really difficult to stick to now. I find the meal in the evening really gives you something to look forward to all day.

Looking at all the posts on here most people average very similar losses to ss I think the official average is 1st a month ss and 12lbs a month on ss+

This is the details for aam, but I think ss+ is very similar..

You have all your packs as normal and on top of that you have a small meal consisting of.....

Protein

11g/4oz cottage cheese (reduced fat)
50g/2oz chicken or turkey breast without skin
80g/3oz cod, haddock or other white fish
80g/3oz quorn
60g/2.5oz soft tofu opr 120g(5oz) firm tofu

and...

Veg

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac, mushrooms

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a bit of stock if you want.
This is ss add a meal week you would do ss for 4 weeks then you would have this in addition to your shakes for 1 week,then go back to ss and every 4 weeks repeat
xx

Back