Please Help, cooking tuna tonight for the first time!

bubbalicious

Silver Member
I have brought some tuna steaks and I am having them for tea tonight. Can anyone tell me the best way to /cook serve them???

Serve with or without a sauce....?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks! :)

I like my tuna with a little lime juice and cracked black pepper.

Take your tuna and put it in a pan sprayed with fry light dont have it at full heat but up fairly high pop the tuna in and when it turns white halfway up flip it over and do he other side tuna tastes nice a bit pink in the middle if u think u can handle it like this take it off before the white bits meet in the middle (i got told when it looks like a jam sandwich!) If not let it cook through but take it off the heat straight away when its changed colour. If u have a griddle use this cos the barmarkings make it look nicer, just sprinkle with lime juice n black pepper its yum.

You could also chinese/japanese it up with soy or teriaki but its harder to judge when its cooked as you cant see it turn white.

Hope you enjoy your dinner x

^^ What they said!! Yum yum.....

Don't overcook it :)

I had tuna last night - I was on agreen day so had 85g as a HEb choice.

I panfried 2 mins ish each side & popped soy sauce on to serve. I had it with stirfried veg (onions, garlic, green beans, peppers & Mushrooms) & soy sauce & added some noodles to it - it was yummy!

I usually put the tuna on some foil that has been sprayed with Frylight Olive Oil, season with milled black pepper, wrap up and bake for 20 minutes in the oven at about 200c.

Very easy but delish with salad.

Michelle

Back