Green Days Please Help - Don't Know What I'm Doing Wrong :(

Jessieh90

Silver Member
Hi All,

I have been doing slimming world since December and up until May had lost 3 stone - I've kept this weight off, but although I've stuck to plan rigidly I just cannot seem to lose anymore weight.

I feel like I've tried everything - upping exercise, decreasing exercise, more syns, less syns, more water, more superfree, 777, 2/3 of my plate being superfree... I'm just at a loss with it!

I'm 13 stone 7, so still have a lot to lose for someone who is only 5"2.

An average day for me is:

Breakfast: Tangerine (SF) & Alpen Light Bar (HexB)

Lunch: 2 Ryvita (HexB), Apple (SF), Pack of Velevt Crunch Crips (4 syns)

Dinner: Last night I had 125g rice (f), lots of vegetable chilli that I filled with lots of superfree such as courgettes, carrots, tomatoes, celery, onion and peppers. Topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)

Drinks: 3x Coffee (Using 250ml Skimmed milk as HexA), as much water as I can handle without being sat on the loo all day!

I do a lot of walking over the weekends and try to be up and about in the office as much as possible. I'll occasionally do my fitness DVD about once / twice a week.

I did speak to my old consultant who said just to stick with it as I seemed to be doing well with what I was eating?

Any adivce would be really appreciated!!

Hi All,

I have been doing slimming world since December and up until May had lost 3 stone - I've kept this weight off, but although I've stuck to plan rigidly I just cannot seem to lose anymore weight.

I feel like I've tried everything - upping exercise, decreasing exercise, more syns, less syns, more water, more superfree, 777, 2/3 of my plate being superfree... I'm just at a loss with it!

I'm 13 stone 7, so still have a lot to lose for someone who is only 5"2.

An average day for me is:

Breakfast: Tangerine (SF) & Alpen Light Bar (HexB)

Lunch: 2 Ryvita (HexB), Apple (SF), Pack of Velevt Crunch Crips (4 syns)

Dinner: Last night I had 125g rice (f), lots of vegetable chilli that I filled with lots of superfree such as courgettes, carrots, tomatoes, celery, onion and peppers. Topped with 40g reduced fat cheddar (HexA)

Drinks: 3x Coffee (Using 250ml Skimmed milk as HexA), as much water as I can handle without being sat on the loo all day!

I do a lot of walking over the weekends and try to be up and about in the office as much as possible. I'll occasionally do my fitness DVD about once / twice a week.

I did speak to my old consultant who said just to stick with it as I seemed to be doing well with what I was eating?

Any adivce would be really appreciated!!

Hey, the only thing I can see that sticks out is that you can have 2 alpen lights as a heb not 1. But apart from that nothing else really. Are you having the same meals every week? if so maybe try and mix it up a little, a shake up might work. Sorry i can't be more of a help x

Hi Jessie. The only thing I can see is do you have enough superfree for breakfast and lunch. Don`t think it would make that much difference. They do say swap h/e around.

The only thing I can say is to list Everything you have during the day on a diary on here. Maybe someone on minimins will come up with some ideas for you. Give them time to find you. Sorry, not a lot of help.

Thanks for your advice both - feel at such a loose end! Considering trying Weight Watchers instead - even if it's just to kick start my weight loss again!

Hi
Well done on your weight loss so far. Your food diary looks good though I would say you could do with eating a bit more. Maybe have something more than just ryvita for lunch. It's a great time for soup and you can fill with super free. Also are you using your syns? Can't see any here font be afraid to use them. I also found I hit a bit if a wall around 3 stone but I went right back to basis and acted like a new member. Good luck with your journey

The one thing that leaps out at me is the lack of protein. I know that's not so easy when you are a vegetarian, but apart from the cheese with your chilli I can't see any protein at all. It's all a bit unbalanced.

Remember you can have 2 hexb's on green and try something more filling for lunch like a jacket potato and make sure U have atleast 5 syns a day minimum ..its part of the plan:)

Hello Jessie,
Firstly well done on your amazing loss :)
I'm a vegan and I've been a bit like that recently. I've thrown in a couple of EE days a week to try and shake it up a bit. I'd also say you weren't eating enough or using enough syns and not having enough superfree. Maybe try mixing your HEB's up a bit too, sometimes I use my 2nd one on nuts and seeds, which are also a good sauce of protein.
Have a look on other vegetarian's diaries to see what they're doing different, you never know you might get some good ideas :) I wouldn't give up hope yet sometimes our bodies play at being b*ggers :(
I hope you find the solution x

Your post makes me wonder if you are stressing too much about it all. It is hard am not denying that but you seem to be trying all different things and although it can be good to keep our bodies on its toes maybe yours is wondering what is going on and scared to let go of any weight!?
Also the example of a days food you give doesn't seem like an awful lot, are you only eating 1 alpen light and 2 ryvita because that makes them speed? It doesn't always pay to cut right down.
I'd say to try and just trust the plan and have a good week and see how it goes before switching to ww x

Thanks for all your support everyone! Some really good suggestions here so thank you because it's really appreciated.

Never one to shy away from eating more so may try increasing what I eat in the daytime and mixing up my healthy extras & will have a snoop for some veggue food diries - Thanks everyone :)

Hi, I came up with my own weight loss technique through trial and error. You have clearly done well and are frustrated. Have you thought about shifting your bigger meal into the middle of the day?

I do try and do this at weekends but during the week I struggle due to being limited what I'm allowed to eat at my desk! I was wondering if this was my problem as I don't eat much in the day but have a large meal in the evening. I'm going to try increasing the size of the meal I have at lunch so hopefully I won't be as hungry when I get home!

Back