please help encouragement needed desperately!

broxi

ButtErFly
I have only lost 1 and half pounds in 6 weeks without deviating from plan once. I've handed in food diaries and been totally on plan. My portions might still be too big though but I was losing weight great eating this amount and then it just stopped. I've still at least 3 stone to go too so really fed up and depressed. Has this happened to anyone else and does it start working again?

Not sure, I've not hit that problem yet! But what about excersise, could you step that up a bit? Or eat more super free, if losses are slowing could you fill 1/3 of your plate with super free food? Are you weighing/measuring your healthy extras out and not just guessing?

Hopefully someone can be of more help than me x

I am on plan and counting everything properly including at least a third superfree. I do eat big portions though and I don't really exercise much, just walk my dog.

Thanks Rochelle, it is nice of you to comment. Just wish someone else who this had happened to and it started working for again would let me know! Then I'd have encouragement,. x

Have you been drinking plenty of water? Or had any problems going to the toilet (not being nosy but just know if I haven't been in a while I get bunged up) x

probably don't drink enough water but have been to loo. Will try more water though as that apparently speeds up your metabolism.

Could you write out an honest diary of what you have eaten today hon? I think you've probably answered your own question re portion size, too much of anything will cause weight gain x

How about swapping your meals about?

Have something different for breakfast, maybe have a couple of red & green days if you normally stick to EE
Our bodies get a bit stuck sometimes and need a shake.
It hasn't happened to me....however, a girl at my class was playing around with the same 1/2lb for 5 weeks, whilst sticking to plan - she had a swap about and lost 3.5lb today....
Give it a go, you have nothing to lose but lbs

I would say all of the above. If you are still stuck why not try a week of success express. Some members in our group have had great results with it, then went back to ee or the other plans and it re started their metabolism. Worth a try I suppose. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. I am sure with perseverence you will succeed.

I would just like to say, persevere with it. One of my friends from my group had this problem and for about 12 weeks she never lost. I understand it must be so disappointing and disheartening, but things will start moving again soon. Definitely try some of the advice given to you up there ^^^, and perhaps start and keep a daily food diary on here? There may be the tiniest thing that you haven't noticed that could be hindering your weight loss. There are some very knowledgable peeps (SW guru's as I like to call them) on here who are bound to spot anything should it be getting in the way.

Hi hun I understand. I started 3 weeks ago and haven't lost very much but have stuck to the plan 100%. Feeling very down about it too to the point where I could cry :(
hugs x Send me a message if you want to chat x

Same thing happened to me, but I am doing green days only. I discovered what the issue might be due to the fact of having a good diary and it might be because I was not eating enough protein for my body to kick start it. I've introduced more protein (chicken) into the plan as I'm allowed a certain amount as a hexb. So far I think it's working, but can't tell as it's *week and WI is Tuesday.

It might be something as easy as changing the plan rather than doing EE, try red for a week, then green for a week and that should show you where your body likes it best. Every plan is not good for everyone and each body has a preference. Don't give up, I only have lost 1lbs in 6 weeks as well, but I think I figured it out so hopefully will be smooth sailing from here.

It's annoying as I keep thinking I could have just eaten what I wanted to for the previous 5 weeks if I was only going to lose that pound. On the other hand it has gotten me into the swing of things.

Only advice is to try a different plan, but you're not alone!

Can't agree more with the shake things up advice. Lots of people from my group have been stuck then change things such as mixing healthy extras up, trying completely different things like having more fish instead of chicken for example, and had massive loss the following week!

Thanks everyone. Yes I could cry too as it is so disheartneing but it is encouraging to know that this has happened to some of you and when you mix it up it works again. Going to really chop my portions this week, then a week of red and then green to see what, if anything works. Thanks folks x

Broxi - could you post your diary on here? I know ive said this to loads of people over the last 4 weeks, but sometimes I think we get a bit complacent and think were sticking to plan 100%.

4 weeks ago I had a gain of 2lbs which I could have accepted had it been deserved ( I was put on some medication which bunged me up) I told my consultant this and her reply was " we all know tablets dont have calories in them" ....... needless to say this made me angry, I know there are no calories my point was I couldnt go to the loo.

So ....... from that night i decided I would fill in a diary on minis and be accountable for everything that passes my lips. 1st week loss - 3.5lbs 2nd week loss 2lbs 3rd week loss 0.5lbs 4th week loss 3.5lbs thats a total of 9.5lbs off - It may be worth a try it really has helped me. Ive also set myself a task/promise to try something different to eat on a weekly basis as I think sometimes we get stuck in a rut and eat the same old meals.

Hope it goes well for you - keep at it and dont give up hun x

Ok I will put my food diary here also cutting down portions.
Yesterday
Breakfast - mullerlight, blueberries, banana
lunch - omelette, fry light, splash milk, asparagus, onions, baby brocoli, tomatoes,
dinner- boiled rice, king prawns, soy sauce, stirfry veg, fry light, muller light n banana
snacks - special k crisps 4 syns, hi fi bar (heb)

Today
Breakfast - 1 small wholemeal toast (heb) lean bacon and egg and tomato fried in ffr light
Lunch - boiled rice, stirfry veg and king prawns, Fry light
Dinner - Soup - stock, lentils, leeks, carrots, potatoes; extra lean mince with onion, carrots and potatoes and gravy (2 syns)
Snacks - tangerines, pear, muller light

Hi Broxi - Your not having your full allowance of HEA & B choices hun, and your allowed between 5 -15syns a day your not having those either.

If your not using your A & B choices this could have an effect as you need them for fibre and calcium. If you had a splash of milk in your omelette mix and it wasnt from your full allowance of A choice you need to syn it.

Just a couple of things ive noticed on the 2 days food you have had. I hope you dont think im picking I would just like to help you.

Yes you do have to have all of your HE. Its tempting to think if I have less my weight loss will be more but that isnt the case and as texty says you need these for your calcium and fibre. If the amount of milk is a problem, then perhaps cheese for the a would suit you better, or failing that, semi-skimmed milk as you dont have a much for a hea. Just a thought. :)

Thanks texty and holly's nan. I only use my milk as a splash and didn't really think that would make any difference. So I've done that from the beginning. Also I sometimes use all my syns and sometimes slightly more - never more than 15 though but sometimes, often, I don't use them all but today I've had
Breakfast - 1 slice wholemeal bread toasted and Kraft single, 2 bananas
Lunch - Mug Shot and half baked potato and green salad 9school dinner -yuck!)
dinner - 1 plate soup - red lentils, carrots, onion, leek, potatoes and extra lean mince with stock, potatoes, carrots, onions, peas done in oven, 2 tangerines, a muller light and 2 Lindor (12 syns)
What about that? is that ok? I'm also trying to reduce my portions as I had been eating massive amounts.

Back