Please Help, i want to do Atkins but dont know where to start!

Trixi

Hi All,

I recently been on the food replacement Lipotrim diet, which I personally found awful and it made me very ill!( I lost 10lbs but I am not preppared to stay on a diet that was making me ill!) I was advised to try Atkins, but all I really know is that you cant eats carbs on this diet and you are limited to what fruit and veg you can eat. I am going to order the book but I want to start today! I am confused with some of what i have read so far all this 3 ounces of cheese stuff - sorry if i sound a little dumb!

I think this diet could really work for me but I am not sure what I can and cant eat, if I do it I want to put my all into it and do it properly. Can ny of you lovely people suggest any websites, food lists etc that might get me up and running?

Hiya Trixi,

Have a look at Jim's "So You're Thinking of Starting Atkins" sticky at the top of the forum - it's a good place to get a feel for the diet but if you want to do it properly it's probably best to wait until you've had a read of the book and have had time to get your kitchen in order. Feel free to ask any questions you have, there is no such thing as a stupid question just stupid answers which I hope you will not get from us!

Thanks Lady M. I have read that thread and it was a very helpful place to start. I am still confused about how many grams of carbs I can have per day...is it 20g? Also I have tried looking for a book on Amazon and theres SO many...any idea which version is the best?

Thanks for your help :)

Hey :) I used the atkins website a lot when i first started and found it quite easy to follow, here's the link to my bookmark -

Acceptable Foods List

I got the newest book, the bright orange one. Have to admit i've not read past the induction stage though. Induction (20g carb limit per day) is meant to be for min of 2wks but i think most of us tend to stay on that limit a lot longer (max of 6 months i think).

Good luck and ask away if you have any others q's, we're a good bunch here. Jim's our guru but he's on his jollies atm..

Thanks Guys, that info really helped, I have ordered the 2003 v of the book and also the cookbook, not sure what thats like but thought it may giv eme some ideas!

Thanks again :)

But I'm back now. :) nJollies indeed it was a well earned break from the daily toil I'll have you know. LOL

Hi Trixi

Back