Please help me make a decision regarding my Wedding Dress.

Im gonna write the shop a letter so that I have it in writing and then tell them I will seek legal advice if its not sorted out!!!

Claire I think you are doing the right thing. Put in writing everything they told you, and that they didn't mention the fact they could only alter a little amount. They must realise how important it is to look fantastic on your wedding day.
Is it a complex design with lots of beading/boning? You may be able to find someone else who could recut and make the greater alterations if they can't do it, it depends on the pattern.

Hey Happy,
I had a similiar problem when i got married last year i tried a dress on in the shop and they convinced me it was perfect needing only a small alteration and it was a size 26 i bought it there an then 1st dress i had tried on almost £500 .

I Informed them i was trying to diet they said no problem i went for my final fitting and the shop had changed owners 2 DAYS BEFORE THE WEDDING .

Tried it on and it hung like an old sack i burst into tears the new owner found me a beautiful dress and altered it the morning of my wedding bless her it was a size 18 and i felt like a princess i dont regret having to buy another dress in fact i couldn't afford it my mum was so upset she bought it on her credit card for me .

Just to say you will have those photos for ever make sure you feel the best you can and wear what you want i am sure you are going to feel like a princess i know i did !

In fact wish i could get married once a month i would love it !!!!!! lol !!!! XXXXX

Good luck X Kandy X

All I would say is that the things we THINK we're going to like to wear when we are slim, aren't necessarily the ones that we WILL like. I think (even though I know how much you like this dress NOW) that you should wait until you are much nearer your goal weight before deciding.
I can wear things that fit on the waist and hips now, which I couldn't before - but now I don't feel comfortable in sleeveless things or things that show off my cleavage. Your body will change in all sorts of ways. Wait and see what will look wonderful on the body you have when the extra weight is gone, is my advice.
Good luck whatever you decide.
Ann xxx

I dont know if you've considered, but if you have a picture of the dress, you can get it made up by a dressmaker - for probably less than you'll pay the shop, and you know it will fit you exactly.

I agree with the others though, definitely take it up with the shop as they should definitely be able to change it.

I organised my wedding in 4 months and had to take a size 20 dress, but it was taken in to a 14 and they definitely couldn't have taken it in any further without ruining the line of it and it was fairly plain.

Lynne x

The shop must be able to just re-order the same dress in a smaller size. Stick to your guns. Buying your wedding dress should be one of the most exciting moments of a girls life. I,m sure the shop won,t want bad publicity,if the local press find out how well you've done on your diet, and how traumatic an experiance the bridal shop as put you through.
Last year i got married, and I ordered a dress way to small. This was before I heard of cd. Luckily I finally got in the dress of my dreams, but it was touch and go for a while. Goodluck hun, I really hope you get your way. This should be the best time of your life. The shop assistants in he shop where I got my dress where miserable cows, And I think they should realize what a big deal buying THE DRESSS is.

CD

Back