Please help me...

Hi,

I have been on Slimming World since the 1st June 09, and I have lost 1.5 stone.

Over the last week I have really REALLY been struggling - and I have not stuck to it at all.

I have now put on 4 lbs and I think that I have lost the will to get back on it.

I can't relate to my slimming world consultant at all and there is not another group in commutable distance.

I feel really ashamed of myself because I can't seem to kick myself back into it...has anybody got any advice:cry:

Thanks xxx

You shouldn't feel ashamed - we all have blips from time to time and it doesn't help that you can't relate to your consultant.

See the last week as a break and start again. Try remembering WHY you want to lose weight and concentrating on your goal, rather than the difficulties. After all, SW isn't that harsh as diets go and the benefits are huge. Plus you've already lost an awesome amount, so why waste the success you've had?

Get weighed at group but come here for support, if you need it. Being perfect isn't the aim and nobody here expects that of you. xx

Think of this as a journey and not a quick fix. It's okay to have a week off but be realistic about your weight and that you do need to do something about it. Sit down one night and read through some SW mags and make a list of meals you are going to make that week. Try some new ones - something completely different, something you have never tried before. Have that night off then make sure you start back on it the following morning and stick to it and watch the weight fall off. xx

I also had a 4lbs gain last week (although I knew why) and it was a bit of a shock as I wasn't expecting to gain quite that much.
However, what I've done this week is got back to it and had red and green and extra easy days and, hopefully, I'll see a loss this week.
It IS sometimes hard to stay motivated. I know this cos I am usually the least motivated person in the world, but the others are right. You need to sit and think about why you joined slimming world in the first place.
Do you have a specific goal in mind? This works for many people.
Do you, perhaps, want to achieve something - for example, when I joined all I wanted was to lose enough to be able to stop worrying about fitting into chairs!
Is there an occasion that you;d like to lose a certain amount for?

Have a think and maybe post up here what you would like to happen.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your messages.
I just do not know what is wrong with me at the moment. I wanted to have lost 2 stone for m birthday in 3 weeks time - but it just seems that i lose a pound and I put half back on. Please dont think that i am doing the old poor sorry me routine - I know that I am the one with the issue - and that it is not the diet...

I am going to get the magazine and plan out my meals for a week, and try to visualise my goal - you have been helpful, so thank you - I just have to stop the greedy pig inside from getting the better of me ....

I have learnt over the years that setting myself a 'weight target' never works for me - I seem to sabotage myself whether i realise it or not.
What I do now, is promise myself a 100% day at a time until the occasion, and then see how much I've lost.
So, instead of saying I want to have lost 2 stones by such and such date, instead plan to be 100% each day just for this slimming week and then see how that goes. Then, if you want to, you can do it again next week, and the week after that and, you might find, that you've reached your 2 stones target without realising that you're doing it.

Hope that made sense, it did in my head lol

Yes that makes sense...i'm just so fed up of being overweight that I think I have put a lot on the 'miracle cure' of a diet - but I suppose that it is also to do with me getting over the fact that I have learnt to over eat my whole life.

I went to group last night and the consultant chastised me in front of the group for putting on 4.5 lbs and when I asked if I could speak to her about what was going wrong - she said she didn't have time - thats encouraging!! I really need to find another group but there isn't another one anywhere near me...I wonder if I should join online instead...has anyone got any experience of this?

I feel for you not having a supportive consultant. My C is cool and she is there for you if you need her..
I still use this site though, as the extra support really helps..
I joined in March time and I've lost 15lb...I lose weight really slowly and those around me are losing 3-4lb a week...I lose 1/2, put on then lose again,,,so I have resigned myself to the fact that no matter how good I am during the week, I will only lose a small amount...As soon as I realised that I felt a sense of relief. I am not saying when I put on after being 100% it doesn't get me down, I just don't beat myself up about it as much...

I think I am basically saying don't give up!! We are all on a hard road and we will reach our goals, some sooner than others....

We will always be here to offer you support, a shoulder to cry on and a kick up the jacksie if you need it....

Take care and I hope you find your path again

Hil

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yes that makes sense...i'm just so fed up of being overweight that I think I have put a lot on the 'miracle cure' of a diet - but I suppose that it is also to do with me getting over the fact that I have learnt to over eat my whole life.

I went to group last night and the consultant chastised me in front of the group for putting on 4.5 lbs and when I asked if I could speak to her about what was going wrong - she said she didn't have time - thats encouraging!! I really need to find another group but there isn't another one anywhere near me...I wonder if I should join online instead...has anyone got any experience of this?

hon your consultant really has no right to chastise you.in fact that is one of the good things about sw.
if she does it again you really ought to find the strength to ask her why she feels she can talk to you that way when class has finished.
i'm sorry you are having a bad time at weigh ins.
just remember though the biggest step was going and you havn't failed until you stop trying.
take 1 day at a time as s omeone suggested earlier.you have done it before so you will do it again,just got to get your head into the aone.just keep on tryin!!!
good luck.x

Come on honey, you can totally do this!

Ignore your stupid consultant - she has no right to tell you off, especially not in front of the group. You don't have to put up with that.

There are many people on this site who don't go to a group at all and they do SW at home and use this group as their support.
Maybe think about doing that until another group opens up that you can go to?

That's appauling to hear that your Consultant singled you out for a gain Hun and if there are any newbies on here, this should NEVER happen! Besides which, she should have discussed things with you and not brushed you off as she was "busy". My Consultant used to say that if she was busy, she would make a point of calling us at home and she would.
I do this plan from home, purely as I cant afford to go to class at the moment. Yes you have to be disciplined, but then you still have to be if you were going to a class anyway! you could get your other half involved or a trusted love one/friend and get them to weigh you once a week at a certain time to give you that "going to class" feeling!
Just plan ahead, read some inspiration stories on here to get you back in the mood and away you go.

Good luck Hun...if I can do it...anyone can!!

Sorry to hear your not enjoying your classes, and I think its a shame that you are unable to get to another class, I'm sure if you feel this way others will - is there anyone in your class who could set up another class, someone looking for extra income?

With regards to your weight, have you thought of measuring your inch loss as well to motivate you.I have found that sometimes - shkira says it my hips dont lie. Think about how much better you feel for you current weight loss and how you felt to kick start you sw journey.

I was a 20 a day smoker up until a year ago and I decided that if I didnt quit before I hit 30 (I started smoking at 12) I would never quit. I hate cigarettes now and really notice it on other people. On my 30th Birthday I hadn't had a fag for a year and 2 months.

Giving up smoking was like losing weight day by day step by step, take the good days with the bad and eventually you will hit an even run

Good luck, let us know what you decide to do

Niki

Back