Please help me.....

Bella30

Silver Member
Hi All

I need your help. I am caught up in a vicious circle which I can't seem to get out of. Since Easter, I have managed to lose all motivation to keep on my diet and it's really getting to me. I wake up every morning and think I will be ok today and can start afresh, but I have just eaten my way through a Cornish Pasty, a massive bag of chocolate buttons and 3 cream eggs! I am on the verge of tears because I haven't had a comfort eating spell like this for ages and just when I thought I was doing well, I'm back into this mess again. It seems ever since I've lost 3 stone, I've given up and I don't know why? I still have another 2 stone to lose and I really really want to lose it but can't bring myself to get back into it.

Please can anyone offer me some help or advice because I am suffering here and I really don't know what to do. xx

I have been exactly where you are in the past so I sympathise.

For me, one good day follows another - and one bad day follows another. So the key is to get through one good day - which I appreciate can be very troublesome if you're a comfort eater (I am too).

I would suggest doing a plan of action! Write down in advance exactly what you're going to eat for all your meals and snacks, and then make sure you have everything to hand. Make sure, as well, that you're not trying to make up for the bad days by cutting down on your portions - give yourself some yummy, filling on-plan foods and you'll feel so much less tempted to cheat.

I'd also suggest doing a cupboard purge, so that you don't have to hand the comfort foods you like to binge on. You can reintroduce them later when you're feeling stronger and so more likely to eat them in moderation. If you have weak points - like the vending machine on the way home from work or whatever - then change your route or make sure you have no change.

I reckon that once you've broken your current pattern and had a few good days, it'll all start to come back to you and become routine to be on plan again.

I hope I've helped a little!

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it. I've just been talking to a friend about it and she said something very similar to me and reminded me how well I've done and how many people I have inspired to lose weight too, so that has been a great help. You're right in terms of meal planning though, and I think I need to go back to basics and start like it's my week 1 again. I've still got my food diary for that week so I'm going to follow that day by day and see if that helps to get me back on track.

I'll let you know how I get on. xxx

Back