please help me :(

I left SW last October as I'd stopped following the plan but was still going to class so it felt that I was paying each week just to feel a failure. In the year that I've been 'off' SW, I've gained the 4 stones I'd lost, pus some extra so I'm worse off than I was before.
However, I now have some health issues and the medical folks are telling me I need to lose. We're giving it a bit of a go this week, my OH and me (as he says he wants to lose too) and we'll see how we go.
I'm not rejoining class, not yet anyway, but reading your original post, you could be me!
I totally sabotage myself at every opportunity and I have no idea why :-(

awww :( u no wot u can do it this time :D and readin ur post i know i need to do this, all i do is make stupid excuses!

I know I need some realistic motivation to get me going, as I've never stuck at anything longer than 3 weeks in my life. I'm on week 6 of SW at the moment, and keep a post it in my purse that has on one side all the ways my life will be better if I lose the weight, and on the other a list of NSV's that I can tick off as I achieve.

Also, I went onto mvm.com, they've update their site and I made a model at my (hopeful) xmas weight (they didn't go up to my current BMI, haha!) and then generated pictures of me (with my head!) having lost varying amounts so I have a real motivating tool - perhaps you could try that?

I haven't told most of my friends, I decided I didn't want them making any snap judgements about what I'm capable of before I do it - I will tell them when they point out how good I look ;) xx

I know exactly how you feel and I think we're all in the same boat at varying stages of our journey.
I went to class most weeks over the summer and consistently gained every week and every week I had an excuse for it party, meeting up with friends, holiday, new partner etc etc. last week I decided enough was enough - I feel like crap, I look like crap (in my opinion) and I'm filling my body with crap.
I went to group on Monday and asked the lady on the scales not to tell me my gain as I wanted to do a 'mental reboot' and rather than constantly focussing on the gain, hopefully by only knowing my weight (although I obviously know my gain I haven't spoken it out loud and it's easy to kid yourself, lol) I can start to focus on changing that number, my C also did the same and didn't mention my gain and referred to me as a new member (in a tongue in cheek way, lol).
Today has been better, not perfect but I'm a lot more focussed than I have been on the summer coz I'm focussing on my weight (not the gain) and on where I want to be next week rather than where I want to be in 2 months time etc.

Everyone here has been in your position at some point in their life Curvygirl, but you will learnt to get past it.

There will always be a reason or excuse to go off plan, but the best way to deal with this is to find things to stop the excuses. If it takes ages to cook things, batch cook loads one day at the weekend and freeze it all, so you can reheat it quickly and easily in the microwave. Find loads of quick and easy meal ideas - jacket pototo is always a good one! If you miss your favourite foods, include them either by making SW friendly versions or using your syns on them. If its expensive, have a think about how you can make it cheaper - there are loads of threads on here about that.

Have a long hard look about ways you can make this plan fit into your life, rather than making your life revolve around SW, so it doesnt feel like a diet, its a way of life!

As for people in your life, just ignore them and do what suits you best! No one would tell anyone to smoke or have a pint of whiskey, and you'd tell them where to go if they did, so why would they tell their 'friends' to eat equally harmful fatty food?!:rolleyes:

Everyone here has been in your position at some point in their life Curvygirl, but you will learnt to get past it.

There will always be a reason or excuse to go off plan, but the best way to deal with this is to find things to stop the excuses. If it takes ages to cook things, batch cook loads one day at the weekend and freeze it all, so you can reheat it quickly and easily in the microwave. Find loads of quick and easy meal ideas - jacket pototo is always a good one! If you miss your favourite foods, include them either by making SW friendly versions or using your syns on them. If its expensive, have a think about how you can make it cheaper - there are loads of threads on here about that.

Have a long hard look about ways you can make this plan fit into your life, rather than making your life revolve around SW, so it doesnt feel like a diet, its a way of life!

As for people in your life, just ignore them and do what suits you best! No one would tell anyone to smoke or have a pint of whiskey, and you'd tell them where to go if they did, so why would they tell their 'friends' to eat equally harmful fatty food?!:rolleyes:

love love love ur reply :D ur soooo right ! i am printing this off and referring to it anytime i go off the rails:D all common sense but needed someone to tell me.. thank u :D :D

funky monkey I agree.

we are all on a long journey and the real aim is to do this little by little.
we will slip up a bit on the way but if we do good most of the time we should win in the end.
My biggest aim is to get out more. its too easy to just sit in and read but I need to get out walking...even if its around the shops!
xx

love love love ur reply :D ur soooo right ! i am printing this off and referring to it anytime i go off the rails:D all common sense but needed someone to tell me.. thank u :D :D

I'll be 100% honest, Its things I've had to tell myself in the last few days too. :eek: I'm honoured someone has found me so helpful tho!

Back