please help me

blonde8

I need it help...I just can not get focused to diet. I know what to do and how to do it but i just can't get started. Everyday I start and then fail and I'm failing myself. I'm getting heavier and more unhappier by the day but I just can not get into it. I need all the help in the world xx

U sound so like me, im exactly the same, keep losing and regainin the same few pounds and its getting beyond a joke now, for me i am buyin a countdown from group tomorrow when i am rejoining, to keep me focused and im also goin back to basics and rereading all my books again, i always make excuses as to why i fail but the main reason is because i get lazy and bored but now i know i need to experiment more with cookin etc so i don’t get bored.. think of how ul look and feel with some weight off, i am tryn to picture myself in a bikini when i am thinner cuz if i was to get into one now id scare people lol so for me that is my goal, 2 stone of for my holiday in may, come on chic we CAN do this xxx

Sorry to hear that you're struggling but the important thing is not to give up.

Can you explain a bit more about what you are doing. You say that you start every day but you fail. What do you mean by fail and what do you think makes this happen. You need to work out why you are going off the rails, be it lack of planning or whatever, and perhaps we can help you find ways of getting over that hurdle.

Don't give up hun...that's what forums like this are for...to help people like yourself who are a bit lost when it comes to slimming. :)

What weight loss programme are you following..or want to follow? If it's SW then you're in the right place. :)

First of all you need to decide which Plan you want to do, Red, Green or Extra Easy. Next you need to plan your meals ahead so your shopping list needs to include all the healthy stuff and none of the unhealthy stuff. What sort of foods do you like to eat? There's lots of recipes on here which are easy to do and SW friendly. :drool:

Keep coming on here and you'll find all the support and motivation you need. Holla if you're not sure about anything. ;)

Sometimes it's hard to get going, the fear of the unknown, and the fear of change stops us in our tracks. You need to write down all the reasons for doing this, for losing weight and getting healthy. Keep this list pinned on the fridge or food cupboard and when you find yourself reaching for something unhealthy, read over your list again.

You have to be the strong one and the one to motivate yourself. We can offer all the support in the world, but at the end of the day, it's your choice to do it, or not do it.

Visualise yourself, slim and happy, picture the clothes you'll wear, the compliments you'll receive, and the way you'll feel. It will all come together for you when you're ready.

Good luck x

I find I am struggling with the work vending machine at the moment so I am not bringing any money in so I cant be tempted! :cry:

I am also making sure to eat plenty at meal times so that I am satisfied and less likely to want something high in syns.

It might be worth trying to identify 'trigger points' like when you are most likely to struggle and try to think of strategies to overcome them?

I rely on my 'motto' below when I am struggling too!

Thank u for it lovely replies. I start each day on plan and have planned in my head. I'm fine till after lunch but then I have a fancy for something bad and if I try and have something healthy I still crave something bad so then ill have something bad then i think oh well I've spoilt it now so i binge and carry on eating bad. It I find an excuse not to start yet say for example I've got an eve out planned which involves a meal instead of being on plan.then just having the one meal of plan I think to myself well its Wed but no point starting diet till after I've been out so ill start next week. And two stone heavier next week hasn't come. Also the day before I plan to start the diet I eat anything and everything like I'm.never going to be able to have it again. I must sound an awful peraon but i just think of food constantly and my portions are too big. Am I alone or is anyone else like this. I feel so crappy about myself and know how much better is feel losing weight xx

You need to give yourself a break for a start, dont beat yourself up over it. My Consultant talks about breaking the week down into meals, you might have 1 synful one, even 3 or more, but if you're having 21 meals (breakkie, dinner, tea) that's still PLENTY of chance to make the right choices and fix things. If you go over your syns or whatever, just draw a line under it, and start back again on plan the second you stop eating it. The week doesn't have to be ruined because of one thing, like everybody said, learn your trigger points and know what to do to combat them (eg- I know I get really hungry about 4.30 when I get in from work, so I save a hexb&hexa and have some cereal about 4.30 to keep me going until tea at 8/8.30ish ) x

Yh I seem to be worse at between 3-5 and I then eat anything trouble is o don't just have one biscuit and think yum I eat the whole packet then feel angry with myself xx

Perhaps then having something like using your HEXB for 2 x Alpen lights, and then eating one in the afternoon at the time you know you're tempted in that manner? Or keep some low syn treats in? I have Space Raiders at home (multipack from Poundland, so 13g size) and they are just 3 syns a pack, and we have some Tesco own dark chocolate, so if I *really* want something chocolatey I can break two squares off for 3.5 syns and really savour the flavour. Something like that if you're not going to go for fruit, try to manage it a little x

Hi there, are you having a lot of fruit? That bloats me sometimes.When you fancy some choc why not have a choc options drink with a little milk from yr allowance. Nice and chocolatey for a quick fix! I have one every night, thats when I start nibbling.

My consultant always says that if u really want something then have it,syn it and stay in control otherwise u may end up eating a load of different stuff trying to satisfy the craving and then end up having it anyway x

I came off plan last summer as I lost motivation. I tried to start several times but it wasn't until February this year that I got refocused.

My tip is to plan your week as much as you can. Think about food you love that you can cook which is sw friendly. Have treats available that aren't too many syns and never ever let yourself get too hungry.

I found that by looking at my diet when not on a diet, I could adapt it to slimming world. For example, I often buy a scotch egg at lunch time so instead I made the sw friendly ones. For dinner, I normally had a curry, spag bol, chilli etc and again I adapted them to sw recipes posted on here. On the weekend hubby often makes a cooked brekky and I can still have it but just need to cut the rind off the bacon, fry the eggs in fry light and have low fat sausages.

If I fancy a chocolate bar I half it with my husband so it doesn't use many syns and gives me a chocolate hit. I also find aero hot chocolate a really good way to satisfy chocolate cravings as it takes a while to drink and is only 5 syns.

I love wine and I still allow myself some on weekends, I often save up syns.

Above all, if you have a bad day, or two....well don't give up completely. Just get back to it again asap. I mess up all the time but keep getting back on the wagon. The weight will still come off.

Hi

Why not start and allow yourself say 30 syns then cut back to 25 next week and so on. You might not loose but it will get you out of overeating and the idea of 'starting' a diet. The double choc alpen lights are amazing and so are the special k bars with the choc on the bottom.

Hi guys hope you don't mind me joining in. I started SW in August and have still only lost 9lb. Like you I am currently stuck in a rutt! I know all the things I should be doing- I plan meals, take 'free' soup for lunch to work but still end up giving up by the end of the day and thinking sod it- i'll have a take away on the way home. I hate myself for it but I think I do it because I get bored and lonely. Sounds stupid I know but any advise on how to over come this would be great! x

I was the same and in all honesty the only person who can change it is you. I struggled for ages. Takeaways were so much easier. But the instant gratification is short lived, and not as fullfilling as losing weight at weigh in!

Just literakky force yourself not to do it. Tell yourself no! You don't have to and you won't. After a few times it'll get easier to avoid them.

Make sure you always have something in the house that isn't a pain to prepare and batch cook once a week.

Back