Please help me!

wannabslim

Gold Member
How do I do WW? Can any of you experienced WWs out there give me a few tips? I have looked at the Sticky and worked out my points are 22, but I dont know where to go from here!

I know very little about it apart from what I have seen on their website, and I know I want to do the POINTS option. I dont want to do meetings etc as have tried that before with Slimming World and hated it. Its too expensive to do the online one so I want to go it alone. I know I can as have been eating healthily (most of the time) all Jan and lost 5lbs, but most of that was at the beginning and now the losses seem to have stopped altogether, so WW it is!!

I have heard amazing things about it and I have the willpower to do it, I think the flexibility of points with guidance of what I should be eating will be just what I need... now I just need to know how to do it!

So please, any advice would be very welcome!!! Thanks, Nikki x

(i posted this below but no-one replied so thought I would try again!) x

Hiya Nikki
I am by no means a weight watchers expert!! but i will chip in anyway.
I have put on all of the weight I lost on CD, and more, so I started weight watchers last week.

To get started, I would advise you find a group. Even though you want to go it alone, you will need the books with the info in... so maybe join for one week, buy the books you need, and then you'll be ready to start and you won't need to go to any more meetings.

I am doing points, and lost 4.5lbs in my first week:D

Good luck to you!!! x x

well you really need the gadget they give you to work out the points.
it goes on calories PLUS the saturated fat.

its free to join till 9th feb, plus £5.50
for £5.50 you could get the point worker outer and you get a pink bag with leaflets in.

it's really just calorie conting under a fancy point system though, but it encourages you to keep saturated fats down.

I dont like points personally, but can see the advantages of working to points.

You can also earn points by exercise, and that is on the point worker outer!

There are a few of us on here that don't go to a group also there is a sticky to a points calculator on here so you can work out your points :)

Tesco put all WW points on their healthy range sorry can't remember exact name now.

Their is loads of info on this site and loads of recepies (spelt wrong sorry)

I have only been on WW 3 weeks so im not at all experienced yet.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on.

Hi Nikki

I have done WW before, and when I've finished on CD its how I intend to maintain my weight loss. I understand how you feel about not wanting to attend a regular meeting, it's not my bag either. But, if you really don't know much about how it works then I would agree with MissPiggyFi when she says to go to a meeting (just the once) to get all of the info you need (and the points measurer). At that first meeting the WW leader will go through the diet and explain it to you - then you're off and running! Also as Rowanx2 says, make sure you obtain a voucher for free joining as that in itself can cost and arm and a leg in addition to the weekly fee.

I also registered with the WW website (not as a fee paying member) and they send me a weekly email with all sorts of bits and bobs on it, but the bit that is relevant to me is that there is usually a pointed recipe included. When you click on that link there is usually another 3-4 other recipes for that week as well. I print them all out and stick them in a binder - if you like to cook, then you have your very own WW cookbook without shelling out for that as well!

I really do like WW because you are not restricted in what things you can eat, as long as its within your points allocation. I chose CD to get my weight off because I wanted a quick loss (after years of yo-yoing the same stone) - I'm rather impatient (!) so the quick losses worked for me.

HTH

.....look after the pennies, and the pounds look after themselves...(in order to buy lots of nice new clothes for a fab new figure ;))

and look after the pounds and the stones will look after themsleves:cool:

lol i darent buy any more new clothes, i went a bit ott on them! but with my £5.50 saving a week, that would be over £20 a month to buy something to wear with.
that reminds me i am supposed to be sorting out my wardrobe!!! been saying this for 2 weeks now i think...:rolleyes: i'm full of good intentions

and look after the pounds and the stones will look after themsleves:cool:

lol i darent buy any more new clothes, i went a bit ott on them! but with my £5.50 saving a week, that would be over £20 a month to buy something to wear with.
that reminds me i am supposed to be sorting out my wardrobe!!! been saying this for 2 weeks now i think...:rolleyes: i'm full of good intentions
lol
good luck and welcomexx

Personally if youre motivated I cant see any advantage in going to classes. Most of us on here are going it alone ;)

Id suggest getting a calculator, the Shopping Guide & Eating out guide, you cant go wrong with any of them :)

Sorry you havent had a load of replies, the weekends tend to be quieter on here :)

Look forward to hearing how you get on and shout if you need help

Thanks Starlight (and the rest of you) have ordered a load of WW stuff altho not the calculator? would u say it was an important investment? I am looking forward to it all arriving so i can start, dont think its realistic to try before it gets here as dont rly know what im doing! I am gonna do it alone as, I said at the beginning, I dont want to do meetings. Will let you know how I get on! x

Hey WBS, glad to see you came over to WW thread. Once you have your WW stuff through have a good read and get yourself started.

hi there

just wanted to say good luck, the point calculator thing is pretty essential as it will help you work out the points of anything that isnt in your books just by using the nutritional values on the packet, i havce seen them on ebay for 99p so would be easy to pick one up. I only have the one at the moment or i would send you a spare, its just a bit of cardboard which slides along on intself but it is the most useful thing i have on ww, always keep it on my bag so that when i am round my nans and she gets the cakes out i can check just how many points they are :D that is the best boit of this diet, you can eat whatever you want as long as you stick to points.

good luck and let us know how you get on

Thanks guys, have now bought an electronic one, the 2008 one from WW, cant wait til it gets here cos working out points right now is a nightmare! x

Back