Please help me

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by ClaireLR, 27 March 2008 Social URL.

1. ClaireLR

ClaireLR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm so mad at myself :(

I got back from work today after being good all day long lots of water and 2 cambridge at work. and what did I do? Dive straight into the cupboards as soon as I got in and start eating.

I don't want to carry on like this it's making me really unhappy :cry:It's almost as if I have no control over what I'm doing, I didn't even think about it and I was in the cupboard eating stuff.

Please can anyone help me to get back on track, it's still a week before I get weighed and I really want to get back on this. It doesn't help that I'm still not feeling well after the weekend (but that's a bit of a crap excuse really). I have all these things in my head that I could do when I feel hungry as I was saying earlier but I never do them it's like th urge to eat just takes over before I've had time to think straight.

Sometimes I think I'm doing really well then other times I think I need professional help to deal with my issues :(

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. debz32

debz32 Gold Member

hey - sorry to hear ur not feelin so good about how ur doin......

when you have the 'urge' to eat - STOP !!!! take a few minutes and think about how you're feeling.......research shows that cravings (urges) only lasy 3 to 4 minutes.....so GO BRUSH YOUR TEETH, PHONE A FRIEND, CLEAR OUT A CUPBOARD....anything but DON'T EAT !!!!

you ARE doing really well......keep up the great work...and yuou'll be at goal before you know it !

Debz xxx

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

is there something else going on at the moment that might be behind the eating? Are you stressed, emotional, bored, avoiding something?

Did you used to come straight in from work and eat - and therefore are you just repeating a pattern?

hope you sort it out soon. just keep trying

5. Sarette

Sarette Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st11lb(25.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan
    Hugs to you xx

6. SkinkWitch

SkinkWitch I've got the power

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I know exactly how you feel, I used to finish work and go straight for the cupboards!
    I think it's because we get so tired at work.

Can you maybe try replacing that post-work snack with a big cup of coffee with sweetners? You could make that your 'treat' lol, and by the time you've drunk it you'll feel less hungry. :)

7. ClaireLR

ClaireLR Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.08%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I know I need to do something! It's almost as if I don't even know what I'm doing sometimes.

Well I'm going to try having some bouillon when I get in, I always feel fuller when I've had something hot to "eat". I don't really like any of the shakes hot, I tend to stick to Tetras all the time. I'm going to try and keep myself busy as well - last night as I didn't feel well (I've got a cold) I wasn't planning on doing much soI don't think that helps really. I still don't feel to good today so I think tonight I'll try putting the kettle on as soon as I get in, then by the time I've taken off my shoes and coat it should be boiled - no excuse then to go searching in cupboards. It's an old habit which I need to stop doing, I can for a bit but then occasionally it creeps back up on me. Then I think I'll have a nice hot bath and an early night - I need to be well by Monday so I can go to step class!

Thanks for the support.

8. RuthG

RuthG Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st4lb
    Current Weight:
    13st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st4lb(32.59%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Good luck Claire, you can do this! You will start to feel better soon, honestly!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.