Please HELP regarding Spices

Lianna

Silver Member
At the butchers in the markets they alwasy have all the lovely meats!! BUT...... they also always have like chicken and pork covered in some spices like hot and spicy and chinease styleAnyone have any idea if these are classed as free or syns??

Hiya, spices are free hun, BUT, you may need to check that the meats haven't been coated with olive oil to create the spice rub for the meat. If so, you'll need to syn the oil x

Thanks Dumpling!! thats a good point!! Thank you x

Oh no!! Think I will just get my meat and season it myslef to be safe :)Or just eat the meat from butchers already covered and if i stop loosing weight that might be it lol!! hmm what to do??

That's a good question Hun. It might be worth asking the butcher what ingredients are in as I'd imagine they may use some oil or butter to help coat the seasoning.
The butchers in town sell some lovely meats coated in peppercorns, Chinese style and also Cajun and ive not tried them as wasn't sure about syns but they look lush xxx

Hi Mrs Wilson its been a while :) lol!! Think i will ask when i go in next time xx

Back