PLEASE help, so confused!!!

jodie2006

Hi,
i`m new, and have been on cd for around 6 months losing 4 stone.

But i`m now sooooo confused.
Can i loose weight without cd?

I know with cd, you use up all carbs and then burn fat, but if on a normal diet with carbs, how do you loose anything.
I`m having real trouble loosing now i`m eating real food.
If you restrict calories you use glycogen stores, but if eating carbs these will just refill?????

Am i just talking stupidness??, how does dieting with carbs work, where is the weight loss coming from if your always eating carbs?

Please help, i`m well aware that i`m just prob over complicating things for myself.

Hi Jodie
Are you still trying to lose weight?Which plan has your CDC advised you follow now? Cambridge advises moving up the planned steps slowly to re-introduce different foods back into your diet whilst still being low calorie enough to continue losing weight, this should ensure you fill up your glycogen stores but not gain any weight, when you are reached your final goal weight then you continue on the 1500 cal maintenance plan and slowly increase the cals to a level where you are no longer losing weight but not gaining either this should then give you a personal daily calorie level at which you can then maintain your new weight for the future.

hope this helps

XX

hi,
i came off cd around 6 months ago.
and now slowly put on just under a stone.
i would like to loose this without cd this time.
I really want to do this before i reach the stone mark.
is cutting carbs the only way of losing weight?
What about cal counting how do people loose weight on this????

But i`m now sooooo confused.
Can i loose weight without cd?

Yep
I know with cd, you use up all carbs and then burn fat, but if on a normal diet with carbs, how do you loose anything.

You still burn fat :)

If you restrict calories you use glycogen stores, but if eating carbs these will just refill?????

If you restrict carbs you use glycogen stores....then go to fat burning. The glycogen stores will refill ie lose 3lbs glycogen/water weight at the beginning of the diet, and when carbs are reintroduced...gain 3lbs (unless you do the plans..as you will still be in calorie deficit)...so yes, gain the 3lbs, but continue to lose because of the calories.
Am i just talking stupidness??,

Not at all. There's a lot of confusion about ketosis out there.

how does dieting with carbs work, where is the weight loss coming from if your always eating carbs?

Go into ketosis and you quell hunger. Makes it easier to reduce calories. Reduce calories and you lose weight :clap:

Not being a pain at all. Most people over complicate the whole thing, so you're in good company :D

Back