PLEASE HELP!!

hi again, i'm really sorry if it seems like i'm always complaining about weight gain on sw but i've gone and done it again!okay my weight loss looks like this:
Week one:6.5 pounds
week two:5.5 pounds
week three:GAIN of 0.5 pounds
week four:stayed the same
week five:5.5 pounds
week 6:GAIN of 4 pounds!!

I've followed the plan 100% and given it my all and this week i've had a HUGE gain of 4 pounds, i've given my consultant my diet sheets and shes flabbergasted as she can see i'm following it..(however she didn't have a lot of time to tell me what could cause the gain)
she even asked me if i'd been on holiday, as members usually have gains like that if they have been away...and i haven't!
I would've been miffed if my weight had stayed the same this week but not a huge gain...i'm gutted:(

Last edited:
i'm not sure, hopefully your leader will look through your sheets in the week and have an answer for you next wi, it's got to be disheartening though, understandably. You do have huge losses when you do lose though so maybe it's your body evening itself out or something?

keep your chin up, hugs :)

Hello! Well I am no expert and I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds but overall it works out that you're losing just over 2lbs a week which is really good. It looks like it might be water retention - maybe totm? I would focus on weight loss overall - nearly a stone - which is amazing! I only ever lose a max of 4lbs and that was in my first week so I'd be really happy - well done!

hi thanks,its not the time of the month but i have got cystitis(sorry tmi) so i was thinking it could possibly be water retention as that's the only possible thing it could be

agree with welshtigger,

are you drinking enough water? is star week imminent like next week or so? some people see the gain the week before?

are you moving your bowels enough (sorry my turn for TMI lol)?

but looking at the bigger picture you're still having fantastic losses, chin up and keep it up xx

Not sure if your problem may be the same as mine, but when I was diagnosed with gall stones, I read somewhere that apple juice was good for it, so started drinking it by the gallon! - about a litre a day to be exact.

I was 100% on plan that week then had a gain of 3lb, it didn't show up on my food diary, cos apple juice is a drink not food right?

Everyone was flumoxed, it wasn't until a chance remark just before I went home when I mentioned the ammount of juice I was drinking.. apparently fruit juice of any kind is around 2 syns per 100ml - and I was drinking it by the pint glass!

So have you been drinking fruit juices by any chance?

When you say you have been on plan 100% do you include in that your syns - because if you aren't having them, then you are not 100% on plan. On previous posts you have also queried the whole 'unlimited' free foods an whetehr you can eat as much as you need. I'm wondering if you are actually eating enough? Your body needs fuel, and I bet after the first maintain you have subconciously been reducing the amount of free foods you eat, in the false belief that it will help you the next week.

So - do NOT weigh or measure your free foods. Stick to the 1/3rd superfree rule, stop eating when you are full - eat when you are hungry, and use your syns.

well i thought it was because i wasn't eating enough as well but my consultant said weigh losses aren't as good when not eating enough BUT i should not been putting 4 pounds on in one week from undereating..!!i actually googled how many calories I'd need to put 4 pounds on in a week and it said an extra 12,000.....
I'm thinking perhaps its not drinking water to be honest...I've had cystitis this weekend and i DID drink a lot of water to flush it out and i think perhaps my body's held onto it in shock, there's nothing else it could be!please don't think i'm deluding myself:(

I don't think you are deluding yourself hun! If you have been ill its likely to that its mainly water retention, and you should be drinking at least 2 litres of water (not coffee or tea) a day regardless. Its great for your skin & helps to flush out toxins and gives your kidneys a break.

It could be due to not drinking enough water but you'll probably find that with all the fruit and veg u eat whilst on the plan u can get a lot of water from that. But as some people have said u have had some fantastic losses and it could be ur body getting used to things.

Ok not drinking water is a problem. If you dont drink it often your body panics and retains it. So start drinking it. Plain or in no added sugar cordials.

Yes 12000 cals make up 4lbs but weight is not only governed by cals. Water, muscle, bowel contents and stress, to name a few, affect weight. It is likely the massive loss the previous week was not a true loss and your body is regulating itself.

Aim for a loss of 1-2 pounds a week its healthier that way and more likely to stay off. Also look at monthly loss, not just one bad week.

Spend this week writing down EVERYTHING that crosses your lips. Absolutely everything down to a sweetner tablet to a glass of water to a midget gem. Then post it here and show your consultant to see if a cause can be found. Good luck.

thanks for all your answers, i really do appreciate it, i did a personal water consumption calculator earlier and it said i should be drinking 2.6 litres of water, and i have already started drinking!:)

sunshinesparkle said:
hi again, i'm really sorry if it seems like i'm always complaining about weight gain on sw but i've gone and done it again!okay my weight loss looks like this:
Week one:6.5 pounds
week two:5.5 pounds
week three:GAIN of 0.5 pounds
week four:stayed the same
week five:5.5 pounds
week 6:GAIN of 4 pounds!!

I've followed the plan 100% and given it my all and this week i've had a HUGE gain of 4 pounds, i've given my consultant my diet sheets and shes flabbergasted as she can see i'm following it..(however she didn't have a lot of time to tell me what could cause the gain)
she even asked me if i'd been on holiday, as members usually have gains like that if they have been away...and i haven't!
I would've been miffed if my weight had stayed the same this week but not a huge gain...i'm gutted:(

Hi, I'm the same. Follow plan 100 percent and most nights come away feeling disappointed, lose 1.5lbs one week only to put a lb of it back on the next week! Very rarely lose 2 weeks running. You must be gutted with 4lb gain, I did gain 4.5lbs once but had been on holiday so was ok with that. Gained another pound on Tuesday night and felt so close to giving up but I want it too bad just to give up now. I am thinking of changing to a morning class tho as wondering if the evening weigh Ins don't agree with me. The only other thing I can think of is I work shifts sometimes working nights and days in the same week, maybe this doesn't help I don't know??? Keep going though and I will too, good luck x

I also think you need to drink plenty of fluids. In my case, I drink a lot of green tea at work & fizzy water at home.

Also, you are right about the evening weigh ins. My weight can fluctuate up to 4 lbs between morning & evening. I'm glad I weigh in 1st thing in the morning before I do anything else, but I suppose that's easy when following the plan from home.

Anyway, stick with it. This plan does work.

Back