Please help.............

MummaBear

Hi all,

Need some help and tips to stop myself cheating!! I did so well on my first week and lost 10lb, then week 2 I cheated and ate after a very emotional day, only 2lb loss. Week 3 I cheated again and only had a loss of 2lb, then week 4 ate like mad and only lost another 2lb.

I feel very depressed and angry with myself. Don't know why I do it, last week ate and drank loads of alcohol, knowing that I was cheating, but not being able to help myself....

Have been bad again today, ate everything in sight. I want to start again tomorrow and go for it, but does anybody have any tips on how to stay strong!!?? (I really do want to lose the weight, but my willpower sucks!!)

Sorry you're feeling poo - I do understand - there's a little bugger in you head saying go on, noone will know, just you and me and then you weigh in and tad daahhhh you've still lost - that's probably because you arn't eating as much as you would 'normally' rather than the diet not working - just imagine what you would have lost if you had stuck to it 100% - So... grab yourself by your wotsits, set yourself realistic goals and targets - write them down, stick on fridge and tick them off - if you feel the urge or panic to eat divert your mind, walk away - get some fresh air, throw some cold water in your face, go for a quick walk, anything just keep going. I'm sure you know yourself wehat you have to do - you just need to want to do it enough - lecture over xxxxx

it really helps if you find someone on here with the same amount to lose and race along side of them... if you are competative (i think all women are) you will not want to eat .. you will want to beat and ahoop the ass of your competitor!!
Drink shed loads of water and have a word woth yourself!
My willpower is SHOCKING, so if i can do it so can you !!!!
Now get a grip ...drink ya shakes, forget food and watch the lbs fall off and the new you appear!!!

First off, to change the weight on your ticker simply click it and update the info on the page that opens.

Secondly, you say you want to lose the weight and yet you keep (ch)eating. I think you need to have a serious think - what do you want more, to eat and feel happy for a little while or to not eat for a few months (if that) and feel happy for the rest of your life?

I know which one I'd choose every single time.

I was sat here earlier thinking 'mmmm I could really go for a nice pizza right now' but I knew how awful I'd feel if I ate it a)physically and b)emotionally when I step on the scales on Monday and so had a load of water and a cigarette instead. (Not condoning smoking, I quit and have just restarted but it did help tbh)

Call it tough love hun, but I reckon you can do this if you want to. If you don't 100% want to do this you'll never give it your all and you'll always fall off the wagon.

I think you're strong enough to do this. The real question is do you think you're strong enough?

Much love xxx

First off, to change the weight on your ticker simply click it and update the info on the page that opens.

Secondly, you say you want to lose the weight and yet you keep (ch)eating. I think you need to have a serious think - what do you want more, to eat and feel happy for a little while or to not eat for a few months (if that) and feel happy for the rest of your life?

I know which one I'd choose every single time.

I was sat here earlier thinking 'mmmm I could really go for a nice pizza right now' but I knew how awful I'd feel if I ate it a)physically and b)emotionally when I step on the scales on Monday and so had a load of water and a cigarette instead. (Not condoning smoking, I quit and have just restarted but it did help tbh)

Call it tough love hun, but I reckon you can do this if you want to. If you don't 100% want to do this you'll never give it your all and you'll always fall off the wagon.

I think you're strong enough to do this. The real question is do you think you're strong enough?

Much love xxx
FAB POST....100% totally, utterly right!! Listen to RB she knows what shes talking about!!!
And yeah, the cigs help me too ... will be giving up when i get to 9st tho xx

:eek: Awww, you've made me blush :eek: Thank you sweetie

And about the cigarettes, just found it a little too hard to give up food and smoking at the same time! Luckily I find it fairly easy to quit (it's just life's trials and tribulations that tend to get me back on the nicotine train) and so have every intention of doing so when I reach target. Good for you on planning to quit once you're in the 9's hun! :D

Mwah xxx

And about the cigarettes, just found it a little too hard to give up food and smoking at the same time! Luckily I find it fairly easy to quit (it's just life's trials and tribulations that tend to get me back on the nicotine train) and so have every intention of doing so when I reach target. Good for you on planning to quit once you're in the 9's hun! :D

Fell the same about choccy - boo hooo:cry: I wish ................

very excellent post....

I stopped smoking a month or 2 before I started on LT, TBH I have smoked 2 cigs from I have been on LT.

I smoked on Sunday night because I was very upset over a few things that had happened and I just said feck it - and asked a friend for a cig.

I have had cig thoughts a few times this week - but I dont want to smoke again - as I am doing my microdermabrasion as my treat to myself for stopping smoking and to revitualise my skin after years of smoking. Also I got a cleaner with the money I saved from stopping smoking so I sure as hell dont want to give that up! lol

I think if you are going to stop smoking though doing it while on LT is the best - cos then you ween yourself off them without being able to eat!

I think because I've never found it difficult to go without cigarettes I've also not succumbed to the 'must eat to replace cig' evil. Just ate everything for every other damn reason :rolleyes:

Gemma is so right, if you want it enough you will do it.

I have overeaten for most of my adult life and been overweight or obese for most of it as well. I've dieted before and even managed to get into the 9's on a couple of occasions. I didn't give LT a second thought when I was first told about it and it took a bit of a scare to start me off. My BP had gone skyhigh (for me) and I was scared I would have a heart attack and not be around to see my children grow up and have children of their own.

I started the day after I returned from my holiday and have spent many an hour on here being inspired and encouraged. Now I look forward to getting straight on here as soon as I can after my WI to share the news with the other posters (who are always so lovely and supportive)

Originally LT was just going to be a kickstart to losing weight but now I'm here for the long haul. The longer I do it the easier I find the diet. In fact, I've just realised how late it is and that I haven't yet had my final shake and I really must have it before bed. I'm just not that hungry these days. Even earlier when I cooked for the children I didn't have the slightest urge to pick. I even asked OH if he'd try a chip to check they were cooked.

You can do this. We are here to help you as best we can. BUT, if you want to fail then you will. I am sure you are strong and want to lose the weight - just keep telling yourself that. Put a fat photos of you that you hate where you can see it when you are tempted - it's a great deterrent (shame I can't spell that!!!)

Good luck hun. You CAN do this. Believe in yourself, we do.

x

Me too hunni, not eating or smoking i would end up being inside for murder it think...
Don't praise me...lol i was giving up at 10st...but that is next week..eeekkk so i have moved it oops.. i am rubbish at giving up. If i don't have a cig for more than 5 hours i am a blubbering, nasty, horrid wreck ..i am sh*tting myself over it tbh!!!!
I am hoping ziaban or the new stop smoking drug is fab and i won't need to much will power ..going to couple it with hypnotisum and fingers crossed (for everyones sake) it works!

Thanks all so much, you are all right. I do want to do it and so must stay strong and just bloody get on with it. I WANT TO DO THIS.... I NEED TO DO THIS.... SO I WILL DO THIS....!

I think I will have to come on here more regularly to chat whenever I'm feeling the urge. You guys are all an inspiration, so if everybody else can do it then so can I. I'm the same with smoking as well, gave up whilst I was pregnant, and for the first 6 weeks, then when I started LT, started smoking occasionally and it's built up again. But have no probs with that, will give up food, then the dreaded fags....

Thanx again all! x x

Mumabear i think the best advice is whenever yor feelin crappy & you wanna reach for the food, just get straight on here & start postin:character00148:. Thats whats helped me & the next day you will feel great for gettin thru it. You had an amazin weight loss in your 1st week and you havn't put anythin on, so go for it, you can do it:girlpower:
Nikki xxx

ahhh us women are all so bloody-minded - how can we fail at anything!??

lmao :D

Back