Please help

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by blondie1987, 2 February 2009 Social URL.

1. blondie1987

blondie1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    please can someone tell me how to make a beef stew, sounds so thick i know, never made 1 before, got the beef chopped up the veg n potatoes, got a slow cooker, but where do i start, my partners mum used to make it all the time when i lived there so never made one myself, xx
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. nannis

nannis Silver Member

Hi, I searched and found a couple of recipes...

Serves 6, 3 points per serving

450 g lean beef fillet steak
    5 spray low-fat cooking spray
    1 small onion(s)
    300 g mushrooms
    2 clove garlic
    2 medium carrot(s)
    425 g cooked pinto beans
    1 portion stock cube
    400 g tomato(s)
    1/2 teaspoon oregano
    1/4 teaspoon thyme
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    2 tablespoon thyme Instructions

• Place beef in a slow cooker. Coat a nonstick frying-pan with cooking spray. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic. Sauté over medium-high heat 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add to slow cooker. Add carrots.
    • Place half of beans in slow cooker. Place remaining beans in blender. Add 1/3 of stock to blender and purée. Add mixture to slow cooker. Add remaining stock, tomatoes, oregano, dried thyme, salt and pepper.
    • Cover and cook on high setting of slow cooker for 6 to 7 hours. Garnish with fresh thyme.

This one would have to be pointed up:
    1 pounds stew beef
    Handful of Baby carrots
    3 white potatoes
    1 large onion cut into wedges
    1 can of beef broth (I use Campbell's)
    1 clove of garlic minced
    2 teaspoons of kitchen bouquet
    1 teaspoon of worcestershire sauce
    Add water to fill crock-pot

Cut stew beef into bite size pieces, dredge in four with salt and pepper. Place into crock-pot. Add beef broth, garlic, onion, carrots and potatoes add kitchen bouquet and worcestershire sauce. Add water just to top turn crock pot on high and cook for 5-6 hours. Stir occasionally.

hope that helps :D
  4. blondie1987

blondie1987 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    slimming world
    thank u sooooooooooo much xxx
  5. nannis

nannis Silver Member

You're very welcome x
  6. pixiepiratess

pixiepiratess Going From Flab to FAB!

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Beef stew i always chop up leek, pots, turnip, carrot and stew meat chuck it in a pan with water and some oxo ... and let it simmer for hours ! .. if you cut the pots small enough it sorta turns into a yummy gravy

its what we are having for tea mmmmmmmmm
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.