PLEASE I need help!! :(

daisyw

Sorry, if this is in the wrong place, but i wasn't sure best place for it.

I need some help/support/advice please.

I joined SW about a year ago. I followed EE to the letter and after 12 weeks of losing a pound, gaining a half, losing two, gaining 3, i decided to give up having lost only 1/2 pound overall!!

I re-joined after the new year, as i have now managed to put on another 2 stone! :sigh: I was so motivated that i did not mind even losing 1lb a week (1lb a week = nearly 4 stone a year!) but things aren't going well!

I have over 4 stone to lose, so this is not a case of a tiny bit of weight going slow. On my first WI i lost 3lb. Now while this is good for me, this was the day after new year and i knew in my heart that after the christmas binge, this would come off naturally if i did nothing. I WI yesterday for the 2nd time and i have gained 1/2lb!!

I am soooooo fed up and did the typical thing of having a blow out day with tears and tamtrums and lots of chocolate.

I just don't know what to do! I have not broken a thing. I have even cooked all the receipes from the magazine for the past two weeks to ensure i wasn't going mad with portions.

I need to do something with my weight, but i have no idea what.

Staying for group really is not motivating me with stories of everyone elses big losses, and being asked the standard set of questions ' are you eating your HE? Are you eating enough? Drinking enough?' etc.

Sorry to have a real down beat moan, but i wondered if anyone else has experienced the same things? And by change knows a cure :thankyou:

D x

Hi Daisy, So sorry that it doesn't seem to be working for you - I'm sure you will get lots of helpful advice here.

Key things:
Do you keep a food diary? Maybe keep one on here for a week and people might be able to see where you are going wrong.
Are you getting enough superfree and superspeed foods?
Are you using your syns?
If you have a very carb heavy, or protein heavy diet, maybe try swapping around. I used to do green days all the time, as I preferred them, but I know that red days would have boosted my weight loss.
Failing that, have you seen your doctor? There may be a food intolerance, hormonal, birth control or medical issue that is affecting your weight...

Don't give up - it will work for you once you find what the problem is.

Good luck xxx

Graet advice from Spanx there.

I think a lot of people assume that not eating any syns will speed things up but it really doesn't, you should use at least 10 of your syns a day to keep you on track and stop binges happening, etc. I'm sorry to hear you've been struggling though :( was your previous attempt so up and down because if you gained half a pound you'd binge after?
This may sound obvious to you, but I only recently found out (used to be pretty scales-phobic so never weighed myself!) that it's common to gain a fair amount of water weight just before, during and after that time of the month, often it stays on for a few days after your period, so this could effectively screw up your WI's for a couple of weeks!

I didn't get motivation from group either, so WI once a week at home.
Might be really hard, but how about not touching the scales for a few weeks and seeing how you do overall? The scales could be psyching you out a bit, and depending on the time of day your weight could be fluctuating (sorry if this all sounds patronising, it's all pretty new to me :rolleyes:)

Definitely put a food diary up for us to have a look at though!

x

Back