Please please help me :-( am desperate!!

wannabefitatthirty

Hey peeps... Here goes... I did Cambridge for 3 weeks n lost 2 stone, last week I went away and my consultant couldn't get to me before so ended up having a horrific week off!!! Have only put on about 5lbs...

But I am completely thrown out with my motivation... I keep giving myself reasons why I don't want/need to do this.... Tried eating low cal and just pigged out... I'm completely gutted, and really don't wanna put my weight on (I lost 2st in those 3 weeks)

I am desperate for support/motivation/ advice!! Am actually sat here crying :-( it's so bloody easy! Just don't eat! I know ketosis will set in! I know I will lose loads of weight! So WHY AM I STRUGGLING SO MUCH??????? Please help me :-( any Constructive comments most def welcome :)

Hi there, you have done so well so far - just try to keep in your mind your ultimate goal and how much better you will feel when you get there. As Icemoose has said, there are 2 types of people who do a vlcd - those who see it as a prison and self sabotage their way out of it, and those who see it as a choice.

Ultimately, I am fat because I abuse food. I love the stuff and eat as a reward, to cheer myself up, as a comfort, because I was deprived of food as a child...etc etc, same as most people who are overweight. However, I have made my choice to SS for a while to get some weight off quickly to improve my health and to stop the circle of vicious self loathing - you hate yourself for being fat so you binge, then you hate yourself for binging, then you hate yourself for being fat again. I don't know how long I'll SS for (having failed twice before) but I have made the choice to do it to break the cycle and set me on a healthier path.

That's what you need to do - make a choice for the right reasons and as my counsellor says (not CDC, I have regular counselling to deal with years-old demons too) - be kind to yourself. For example, this time is going to be different because if I reach breaking point and have to eat, I give myself permission to have some low fat protein - eggs, chicken, cottage cheese etc. I have promised myself that if I do eat these things, I won't use it as an excuse to binge. I have promised myself that SS isn't forever and as it was my choice to do it, I can choose when to come off it and start working my way up the steps. And if I choose to do that before I'm at a healthy weight, then I shall switch to ww - but I will work up the cd steps first so I don't lose the plot.

Ultimately - I have made a choice to do this for many, many good reasons and I think that's the key to it. Find your good reasons and decide if they are enough of an impetus to ss. If you have iron clad reasons to do it, decide if you really want to and set yourself some boundaries as I have - and be kind to yourself.

Hope that helps and best of luck xxxx

Good advice Wifeywoo. Wannabe you are having a wee panic at the minute, probably frightened by how easy it was to let go and eat too much. That makes you human, and everyone on this site has probably done it - I know I have. My last trip off the wagon saw me putting on 22 lb, mainly because I was too embarrassed to post on here so I didn't get the support I needed. Well you, sensible person that you are, are still posting and can get back on track without too much damage. Even if you have put on 5 lb that is easily redressed on the first week back on track. You have shown you can do it, you have seen the fantastic results you can get. Visualise yourself at Christmas so much closer to goal, imagine what all the people who know you will be saying when they see how well you've done. Accept that you've had a blip, accept that makes you normal and get back on the wagon. You can do it.

Thank u for ur encouragement :)

Yes i do have a really bad relationship with food :-( i was also really deprived of food as a child, then when ileft home to be with my now ex bf, he would use food as a form of control and would 'fatten me up' think he was so insecure about me putting on weight (i was slim when i met him) and if i ever did diet, he would act really supportive and when i lost weight, would buy me food (cakes) as reward?!?!

My partner now is very happy with how i look, but he is very very slim, and i feel HUGE next to him in pictures! And he has said he wants me to lose weight so i am happier with myself.

I used to be a size 24 (im now a 16, was an 18 b4 cambridge) but after a traumatic break up with my ex i lost 5 stone...through sheer depression! When i met my current bf i was same weight as i am now (though with much smaller tummy, as ive had twins since) and it has slowly crept up and was 16stone before cambridge, which is what originally made me start cambridge as i didnt want it creeping up again.

Last nightihad given myself reasons to delay getting back on diet.... Wait til kids back at school.... My cousin coming on tues for a few days.... Then get next weekend out of way....

Then i thought to myself, if i start again right now! Today! By next monday when i was thinking of starting again, i will be in ketosis, i will have lost some weight, and iwont be getting hunger pangs anymore!

So woke up today and have had a shake :) ive got to do it, i did it a few weeks ago and would b mental to undo all the hard work!

Come on ketosis...please?!?! I NEED you!!!

Thank u so much for the comments, this has been invaluable to me xxxxxx

You know how ready you are when you stop putting it off. To bring your date forward shows amazing commitment.
This should give you loads of confidence to succeed.
Well Done You. Xx

Thank u jessica, i am determined, if i could just shift 2 more stone my confidence and self esteem would be sky high :) which isnt that distant a dream on this diet :)

I WILL do this!

You had an incredibly good loss in the three weeks so that proves you can do it. But SS is difficult. Everyone is different and I just found the SS too hard. So I went to SS plus. That's not the answer for everybody because some people much prefer the SS. But I couldn't have stuck to it. I have stuck to the SS plus and this is my fifth week. I'm happy with what I've lost as it's a lot more than on any other diet in the same time. I've had a few slip ups but haven't binged. Good luck. I'm sure you'll get back on track.

Oh Wannabe sorry here you feel so upset. I've been there a thousand times and you think to yourself 'all I've got to do is not put it in my mouth, how hard can it be?' But it is bloody hard otherwise none of us would be here. Looks like you got loads of great advice so good luck x

Can't really add anything to whats already been said. I think the greatest motivation knowing you can lose lots of weight IF you stick to the diet.

Evenings too are my downfall. I pass away my time by drinking mint tea and lots of iced sparkling water. I have had the odd binge with CD bars but hey let's not go there just yet ;)

How have you got on today wannabefit? x

awww wannabe i feel for you but it looks like you getting back on track and i know you will do this as you seem so determined in your posts and can sense the I WILL DO THIS ATTITUDE in your post.... how you feeling today any sign of ketosis yet once i went in t that i found i just didnt want to eat and really dont feel hungry :)

wannabefitatthirty said:
Thank u for ur encouragement :)

Yes i do have a really bad relationship with food :-( i was also really deprived of food as a child, then when ileft home to be with my now ex bf, he would use food as a form of control and would 'fatten me up' think he was so insecure about me putting on weight (i was slim when i met him) and if i ever did diet, he would act really supportive and when i lost weight, would buy me food (cakes) as reward?!?!

My partner now is very happy with how i look, but he is very very slim, and i feel HUGE next to him in pictures! And he has said he wants me to lose weight so i am happier with myself.

I used to be a size 24 (im now a 16, was an 18 b4 cambridge) but after a traumatic break up with my ex i lost 5 stone...through sheer depression! When i met my current bf i was same weight as i am now (though with much smaller tummy, as ive had twins since) and it has slowly crept up and was 16stone before cambridge, which is what originally made me start cambridge as i didnt want it creeping up again.

Last nightihad given myself reasons to delay getting back on diet.... Wait til kids back at school.... My cousin coming on tues for a few days.... Then get next weekend out of way....

Then i thought to myself, if i start again right now! Today! By next monday when i was thinking of starting again, i will be in ketosis, i will have lost some weight, and iwont be getting hunger pangs anymore!

So woke up today and have had a shake :) ive got to do it, i did it a few weeks ago and would b mental to undo all the hard work!

Come on ketosis...please?!?! I NEED you!!!

Thank u so much for the comments, this has been invaluable to me xxxxxx

Hi, I am new and only started my diet today but just reading your post has inspired me... You have done so well already!! I am determined to do it, I've done Cambridge a few time before and i know getting back on it after a few days off are always the hardest time. Just think about all the clothes you want to get in to and when you look at the chocolate/crisps/chips and think you want them, think about how much more you want to be thin!! I'm sure you will do it... Good luck!!

Horrifically :-( I came on yesterday n my man ordered me a Chinese not realising I was back on my diet (was a very impromptu decision of which I didn't consult him) and I stupidly had to eat it :-( arregggghhhhhh tho weirdly, I've lost 2lbs this week:-/

Thank u prollybea, that's so sweet of u x I was doing amazingly until he ordered the Chinese, it was teatime n I'd only had 1 shake (as I like to save 1 for before bed) n was in good frame of mind, and then it just went! My bf was really sweet about it n sed I could save it n give it to older kids for tea the next day, that he was really sorry, and that was it, I had to eat it!

Then today i have no excuse, I have just picked allday.

I am so angry at myself :-(

Back