PLEASE SIGN THIS.......!!

Mich

Taking Back Control...!!!
I received this message by email from a friend...... I think it's utter madness... the games will be held here so we should be able to do what we like within reason.... I personally don't think the areoplanes puutting on a display will be deemed as 'offensive' by anyone.... would they????

The world-famous Red Arrows have been banned from appearing at the 2012 London Olympics because they are deemed "too British".
Organisers of the event say that the Arrows military background
might be "offensive" to other countries taking part in the Games.
The display team have performed at more than 4000 events worldwide, but the Department of Culture, Media and Sport have deemed the display team "too militaristically British".

Red Arrows pilots were said to be "outraged", as they had hoped to
put on a truly world class display for the Games, something which
had never been seen before.

Being axed from a British-based event for being "too British" is an
insult - the Arrows are a symbol of Britain.

The Red Arrows have been excellent ambassadors for British overseas
trade, as they display their British-built Hawk aircraft all over the world.

The Arrows performed a short flypast in 2005 when the winning bid
was announced, but their flypast at the Games was to have been truly
spectacular.

It is to be hoped that common sense prevails, so if you disagree
with this decision, please sign the petition on the link.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/RedArrows2012/?ref=redA rrows2012

Please forward this on to everyone you can.

totally just signed the petition...

Voted. Oh dear another struggle for common sense to prevail! Then again you can't wear a uniform in some towns now without getting abuse:confused:, so I'm not surprised! Perhaps I'm too old or have been here too long but I'm still trying to be proud of being British - tho it's getting harder with political correctness as it is. Just my opinion tho, don't want to enflame anyone!:D

It's a hoax. The Red Arrows haven't been banned. Just a little game that "The Sun" thought to play I think ;)

Like this Country needs any more bad press!!! Sounds sooo plausible tho doesn't it?! Hasn't the hacks at The Sun got nothing better to do!? I'm still emotional from SportRelief last night so I'm extra motivated by injustice today!! Think I'll go for a lie down!!

Back