Please tell me I don't have to finish this...

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Well some of you may know (because I moan far too much on here) that my CDc's supplier has completely mucked her about for two weeks in a row, meaning that I've ended up with at least one meal a day I didn't like.
This week I got seven porridges, seven choc tetras, so good so far, but then the only shakes she had in stock were cappucino, fruits of the forest, vanilla and butterscotch, and I don't like the first three and hadn't tried the last one so I opted for butterscotch, but she only had 6 of them so I had to pick a soup to make up seven, and I opted for oriental chilli (no other porridges either - I'm her last client before her deliveries on Tuesday). Been avoiding it all week as I've had the spicy tomato and chicken and mushroom soup and hated them both, so not keen on soups at the moment.

Anyway just made it up, and oh my god I feel sick, it's even worse than the others, I actually gagged a few times. I've eaten like 3/4s of this (no idea how) but can I leave the rest? I know I need it for daily nutrients or whatever but I've got most of them now, I've drunk loads of water today, and I honestly can't stomach it at all - I think if I finish it off I may well be sick and then I would have had no soup at all, lol.

I'm aware I'm wanting you to tell me it's fine to leave it, but I'd rather I did the right thing, so what would you suggest?

Hey..
I think its so wrong that you cant have the shakes/soups/bars that you want.. Why would the supplier have mucked your cdc around.
I would hate to not be able to get the ones I wanted I couldnt drink what I didnt like..
Cant you ask her to change them? It only takes a day or so for a delivery to come to a house..

Lucy - You should finish the soup BUT if you're just going to upchuck it theres really no point.

I too had one CDC whos supplier constantly mucked her about - funny how the other two in my area never have a problem and have in loads of stock. One week I had a banana splurge of about 10 shakes, and I HATE HATE HATE banana shakes. It was that or nothing, needless to say I only stuck it for 8 weeks all in and then jacked it. She just never had the stock I wanted.

Change CDC, this can be hard enough at times without being forced to eat food you really don't like.

Surely your CDC gets her supply straight from cambridge? It seems odd they would be out of stock? I wonder if she is just keeping her stock down?
Maybe ring Cambridge and ask them what the problem is?
This diet is hard enough without having to make do....
My CDC carries a full stock of all items and was under the impressiont hat this is what they should do...they know how many clients they have so should be able to work out what they might need... is it worth giving her a list of what you want the next week when you go this week?
As for the last bit of shake... if you cant stomach it.. i would say bin it, if I dont like soemthing i physically get sick.. so couldnt finish it if i hated it.
x

I'm also a little confused about the reference to your CDC's 'supplier'. All stock comes directly from Cambridge Diet head office and is delivered the next day after placing an order.

CDCs are required under their Code of Conduct to stock a full range of items and flavours and, to ensure this is possible, offer the next-day delivery service.

Most CDCS who see clients in their own home, like myself, never know what a client is going to order until they arrive which can make it a bit harder to ensure you don't run out (thankfully I never have done). If your CDC delivers to you and you order your packs in advance then she shouldn't have any problem in giving you what you want.

Hey, thanks for your replies, in regards to my CDc she is new, only qualified recently, she's also on CD herself at the moment after putting some weight on, and she really is brilliant, so supportive and she seemed really angry when talking about the supplier so I want to give her the benefit of the doubt and believe her (as suspicious as it sounds), and in the first week she did have everything.

You're right though, it has been difficult as I've been dreading my butterscotch shakes etc and the soup, last week was worse as I had to have 7 soups (cue vomit noises), she told me she has everything in tomorrow so hopefully these two weeks are just a blip. NO IDEA how I've survived though lol.

I think I'm gunna bin the soup, even though I shouldn't, my stomach is really queasy at the moment. Thank you for being so supportful guys. If this supplier problem does continue, I will definitely change CDc, but for now I'd like to trust her as she's been so good to me!

xxx

I'm also a little confused about the reference to your CDC's 'supplier'. All stock comes directly from Cambridge Diet head office and is delivered the next day after placing an order.

CDCs are required under their Code of Conduct to stock a full range of items and flavours and, to ensure this is possible, offer the next-day delivery service.

Most CDCS who see clients in their own home, like myself, never know what a client is going to order until they arrive which can make it a bit harder to ensure you don't run out (thankfully I never have done). If your CDC delivers to you and you order your packs in advance then she shouldn't have any problem in giving you what you want.

Well what I mean by that is, she ordered say X number of banana tetras, and got chocolate ones instead, and also they told her they would deliver the items on Saturday, only it turns out they don't deliver on Saturdays ever, and the supplies didn't come til the following Tuesday.

She's made an official complaint etc, I don't really know what went wrong but by supplier I literally meant CD lol :) I didn't know they had to keep everything in stock though!

Well what I mean by that is, she ordered say X number of banana tetras, and got chocolate ones instead, and also they told her they would deliver the items on Saturday, only it turns out they don't deliver on Saturdays ever, and the supplies didn't come til the following Tuesday.

She's made an official complaint etc, I don't really know what went wrong but by supplier I literally meant CD lol :) I didn't know they had to keep everything in stock though!

I'm sorry Lucy but that's just not the case. Deliveries can be made on a Saturday although there is an extra charge imposed for a weekend delivery. If she placed the order on Friday for 'next day delivery' it would have arrived the following Monday.

It's possible I guess that she may have received the wrong flavour tetras although with the new, and highly expensive, warehouse packing program I would be surprised. I'm glad to say it's never happened to me anyway.

As she's a newly qualified CDC, I'm wondering if she might be getting her stock from her CDC rather than directly from Head Office. Some new CDCs do have that arrangement while they're building up their business so that they don't have to order so much in one go themselves.

I'm sorry Lucy but that's just not the case. Deliveries can be made on a Saturday although there is an extra charge imposed for a weekend delivery. If she placed the order on Friday for 'next day delivery' it would have arrived the following Monday.

It's possible I guess that she may have received the wrong flavour tetras although with the new, and highly expensive, warehouse packing program I would be surprised. I'm glad to say it's never happened to me anyway.

As she's a newly qualified CDC, I'm wondering if she might be getting her stock from her CDC rather than directly from Head Office. Some new CDCs do have that arrangement while they're building up their business so that they don't have to order so much in one go themselves.

I have no idea, maybe she is getting them from her CDc. It's not something we've really talked about, perhaps I should ask. She only qualified late March though so I suppose it is possible, she only 2/3 clients other than me.

The important thing is that you're getting the level of support you need as well as getting your supplies. I'm sure the difficulties with getting the packs you want can easily be sorted out by discussing it with her next time you see her.

Good luck with your CD journey :)

Ask her if next week you can order in a few days early then she can make sure she has what you want.
I'm starting up soon and this is the bit i'm concerned about but figure if customers put in an order a couple of days before our meeting I can make sure ive got everything then in time will stock everything anyway.
Theres no way i'll be stocking many cheese and brocolli :)

lol@ cheese and broccoli comment! I quite like it too, but I add loads of fresh herbs to all my soups and I think they're lush.....well apart from the leek and potato. Luci. I will say tho, WELL DONE for carrying on and not faltering even tho you've been having ones you don't like, I think thats really fantastic of you to have so much willpower! xxxxx

Back