Please, Your true experiences of regular Alcoholic Drinking whilst on SS+

onefatmama

Hi,

When I say regular, I mean twice in a week and drinking 20cl of a white spirit each time like vodka/rum with coke zero.
So 40 cl per week in total.

It's not a huge amount compared to others, but I'm back on ss+ now and I drank this amount for a long time before I started ( so maybe dependant to a degree)

I have heard that the alcohol in itself sometimes, and emphacise somtimes does'nt make a huge difference, Especially to the ss/ss+ losses, but it can give you the munchies. so there is a risk.

Is there anyone who drinks vodka/rum in the quantities I've mentioned and still have good losses weekly?

Please be honest.

Thank you.

Um...

Okay, I wouldn't be me if I didn't first point you to this: http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...ation/26311-dangers-alcohol-when-ketosis.html

because someone else will even if I don't.

That said... honestly? In the quantities you're talking, it probably wouldn't hurt very much at all.

But... and forgive me for this - why? Why do you absolutely have to, need to, have an alcoholic drink? Is it to keep someone else happy?

My friend is doing ss+ and was out on Sunday drinking. She got pi$$ed very quickly and felt terrible yesterday. She was still feeling ill today so her opinion is that she won't be drinking on it again until she comes out of ketosis first. Hope this helps x

:mad:

That's even worse then !!! So you know full well how dangerous it is. Asking the same question more than once WON'T change the outcome. In actual fact this is the THIRD thread you've started about drinking in ketosis :mad:

You know full well the dangers but you're choosing to ignore them. Clearly you've made your mind up and you've totally disregarded the advice given before so why even ask again

Just re-read the threads I started over the months regarding this topic and I feel very embarrassed for asking it again.:(

I think, no I know I should'nt drink if I'm on this plan and want the losses I need.

I could reel off a load of reasons why I want to drink, but I'm just kidding myself.

Thank you for taking the time to reply and beeing blunt. It has really made me take stock.

xxx

Perhaps she has a problem with alcohol, i dont think making angry faces and being unsupportive is going to help........

Some people only have this group as support and maybe just losing weight isnt the only issue here.................

Perhaps asking the same question 3 times points to the reason why she's asking the question...............

Perhaps she has a problem with alcohol, i dont think making angry faces and being unsupportive is going to help........

Some people only have this group as support and maybe just losing weight isnt the only issue here.................
Oh my goodness we are all trying to give advice here and Onefatmama as asked a question regarding drinking while on SS+.

We have answered the question.. So why not leave it as that now please..!

truffleshuffle said:
Perhaps asking the same question 3 times points to the reason why she's asking the question...............

But what more can be said in reply? I'm certainly not going to accuse someone of having an alcohol problem because they ask the same question over and over. Even IF they did asking the question once or 100 times isn't going to change the answer.

She was more or less accused of having an alcohol problem for asking the question more than once!!

I am not here to split hairs and argue - jees, all I said was maybe the responses she got just for asking the same question more than once were a bit tough.........

anyway she might have been pissed and not remembered lol x

She was more or less accused of having an alcohol problem for asking the question more than once!!

I am not here to split hairs and argue - jees, all I said was maybe the responses she got just for asking the same question more than once were a bit tough.........

Certainly not by me she wasnt!!

And shes said she appreciates the blunt/tough responses so - alls well that ends well.

Truffle - these replies certainly aren't helping Onefatmama. Can we let this thread drop now, please?

Back