Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

I hope you're feeling better today. Food sounds good today. I'm sure the juice and the tea will help you recover faster :) Your chicken chili sounds yummy :)

Thanks Ashie and Cali. :) dunno if it was the fierce tea or the leek juice or what but I am starting to feel a bit better now. Still tired and taking it really easy but I expect that cos of the ME!

Very quiet day today, meals a bit too big and no proper snacks!

Breakfast: smoked salmon scrambled eggs, 1/2 wholemeal bagel

Lunch: homemade felafel in multigrain pitta with salad and garlic yoghurt

Snack: oaty biscuits

Dinner: slow-roasted lamb with herby flageolet beans and broccoli

Snack: mini chocolate bar

Food sounds tastey today Plum. I think your food looks much better than mine today :)

How are you feeling?

Your meals sound really good actually. No wonder you had bigger portions. :)

Managed not to pick at leftovers today, no idea how!

Breakfast: turkey slices, apple, hazelnuts (no, I don't know why either)

Lunch: lentil soup and oatcakes

Snack: multi-grain ryvita with pb and apple butter

Dinner: made-up lamb pilaf concoction

Interesting breakfast. :D

Soup and dinner sound nice and very filling.

Is that it for the day? You not going to eat any more?

That's all I'm planning on eating, sometimes I succumb after dinner to some dark chocolate but I don't usually need a snack before bed as we eat lateish (the pilaf is actually still cooking). :)

Trying to stay closer to 1400 cals this week after the 5lb drop as my scale says my BMR has dropped!

I think I'm due a week off. Last night I dreamed that I was married to the host of Man v Food and we spent all our time travelling from diner to diner, eating fatty and delicious things. Ha!

Food sounds yummy. Breakfast was unusual, but still sounds tastey :) What is apple butter?

OMG, it lost what I was typing. I must have it something, because the page refreshed itself :(

Food sounds good today Plum, breakfast was interesting but still sounds good. What is apple butter? I'm going to have to google that now. As I imagine apple flavored butter.

Edit: Hmm now my message showed up.

CaliSweden said:
Food sounds yummy. Breakfast was unusual, but still sounds tastey :) What is apple butter?

Hard to describe, it's similar in consistency to very thick applesauce, but is quite dark in colour. It's made by slow-cooking apples and apple juice for a very long time.

I think I'm due a week off. Last night I dreamed that I was married to the host of Man v Food and we spent all our time travelling from diner to diner, eating fatty and delicious things. Ha!

I keep meaning to tell you - I dreamt about you Plum. It was last Friday so I've actually forgotten what it was about. I do remember thinking "this is so weird!"

AshieFan said:
I keep meaning to tell you - I dreamt about you Plum. It was last Friday so I've actually forgotten what it was about. I do remember thinking "this is so weird!"

Haha! I love dreams where even at the time you're thinking 'wtf'?

Oh apple butter sounds nice :)

Sigh. Too much salt yesterday and I've put on half a pound this morning. My weight has been creeping up this week (which I kind of expected as it normalised after the evil fever) and I'm really not holding out much hope for my official weight on Thursday. :(

Bad scale with it's ups and downs. I'm sure you will still do well on weigh in.

Bad, bad day today. Didn't eat anything until about 3pm, then had some wafer thin ham and some chocolates. Dinner was the same as yesterday (lamb pilaf thing) followed by an enormous bowlful of low GI ice cream. Ho hum.

At least you had low GI pudding, mine was out and out high fat, high calorie and high GI custard!

Last edited:
Back