Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Thanks ladies. :)

STS this week, which I'm happy with as I haven't been very active or tracking calories, just sticking to basic principles as much as possible.

This also gives me some hope that when I reach goal I will be able to maintain without huge amounts of hassle!

Hope you'll get well soon.:vibes: (Sending get well soon vibes to you):)

I think low GL is the best way to maintain weight when we reach goal:) Molly's a great example and inspiration for maintaining:)

Well done on the STS. It is great how we can manage weight on GL. No constant monitoring, just adhere to basic principles and our weight can be maintained.
Hope you soon feel a bit better.

Thanks ladies!

I've had such a couple of days and I admit that I turned to the peanut m&ms. But I've eaten them all now and won't buy more. For some reason I can't resist them; any other chocolate is safe in the house but not them! Anyway at least they're low GI. ;)

I have a serious weakness for peanut M&Ms too. I don't mind other candies or chocolates around, but with peanut M&Ms I have to take at least 3 pieces.

This is such a bad time of year for me. It varies from year to year (last year was ok) but I suffer from seasonal affective disorder. This is not a good year so far! I'm using my S.A.D. lamp and taking my supplements and hoping things will improve. Sorry if it means I'm not around as much - in addition to increasing tiredness and making my ME worse it also makes me feel very glum which doesn't make me the best company!

Foodwise I am trying to stick to plan but it's a bit harder at the moment. I'm doing ok so far (ignoring the now-disappeared M&Ms, ha) and still hoping I might hit my mini goals and cranberry challenge target. :)

Awww poor Plum:( This time of year is always rough. I hope things will improve for you soon. Don't worry about caving into your cravings, I think as long as we control the portion size it's ok. The 80/20 rule helps a lot for these darker and colder seasons.

I know for me the cold temperatures make me want to eat like a bear, and the worst is the food around this time of the year is always so tempting and naughty.

Thanks Cali. As if the festive foods and meals weren't enough, we have LOADS of friend/family birthdays packed into those same couple of months. Maybe my cranberry challenge should have been to maintain, heh. ;)

Thanks Cali. As if the festive foods and meals weren't enough, we have LOADS of friend/family birthdays packed into those same couple of months. Maybe my cranberry challenge should have been to maintain, heh. ;)

Same here, we have other celebrations such as bdays, anniverssary, work parties etc going on too around this time of year. Alot of naughty food times all jammed packed into a couple of months.

I think the Cranberry challenge is a great idea and motivation. It will help us stay a bit more focused and on track. I know if it wasn't for the challenge, I would have easily done way worse on the high GL foods.

Ah Plum! I feel for you. I have a good friend with ME and she suffers an awful lot. I hope you can make the best of things.
Take good care until you are a bit better.
Xxxxx

Aw, poor Plum. :bighug:

I must admit that I hate this time of the year when it gets darker and colder - it makes me prone to being more tired and down. My mum suffers from SAD so I have every sympathy with you and she doesn't have to deal with ME either so I can't imagine what that is like.

Don't worry about coming here but know that when you do come on board that your wisdom is appreciated and that you make me smile and LOL. :D

Despite not really being focussed this week I have lost 1 lb. 2.2 lb to go to reach my birthday goal in 2 weeks time, I think I can do it if I knuckle down, but got a stressful couple of weeks coming up (and a mega-meal out this weekend for my mother-in-law's 70th birthday - not massive portions but quite rich food) so we'll have to see!

Congratulations on the minus 1 lb! That's really great that you have only 2.2 lbs left until you reach your birthday goal! You're almost there, I'm sure you'll reach the goal :)

You're getting really close to your goal weight too :)

Thank you Cali!

I don't know if 160 is my final goal weight yet, I'll have to see how it goes. :)

Having a fun time/nightmare looking at dresses online today. We're going to a black tie Christmas ball this year and I really can't decide what would suit! Torn between being slightly rebellious and going for a subtly steampunk or rockabilly type look or something a bit more fitty-in. You'd think that at nearly 37 my inner teenager would have died down but apparently not. ;)

You can always change your goal weight by what you feel is best for your body:) I'm sure you already look great and the weightloss is showing:)

Ohhh a blacktie Christmas ball sounds wonderful! Both steampunk and rockabilly sounds fun:) I totally imagine you dressed up like one of these :) Steampunk Wedding Cakes | Artisan Cake Company

I'm almost 32 and my inner teenager still hasn't died out:)

Plum you should probably update your Cranberry Christmas Challenge :)

Well done on the loss this week . I'm sure it helped lift your spirits a little. Good luck with the shopping for the ball. Go with what you feel good in!! I don't believe in fitting in with expected norms. Be you!!!

Cali, I'll have to wait until I'm on the PC as it doesn't work well on the phone.

Thank you Molly, you are sweet. And I know you're right! :)

Back