Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Food today (posting now because I'll be a bit late home) - I've tried to be good... ish ;) because we are going out for lunch on Sunday too but it's not local so I've no idea what type of food it will be.

I've had some things I wouldn't normally have but haven't gone mad with them (at the cinema I will try to keep my portion small, usually not a problem because I find all the candies incredibly sweet these days). I feel really naughty (in a gleeful sort of way) to have not had any nuts or seeds with my porridge, just fancied it on its own today!

Breakfast: porridge with milk and a tsp of golden syrup

Lunch: M&S fuller longer spaghetti with meatballs, a dark choc jaffa cake

Snack: Ryvita with peanut butter or lowfat cheese

Dinner: Pizza Express, going for the pizza with the hole/salad in the middle and their amazing 70 calorie chocolate truffle ice cream plus some marinated olives and tomatoes

Snack: cinema pick n mix

I think from Monday I'm going to try to really knuckle down for a couple of weeks, I'm feeling really motivated to try to hit my Christmas goal but it will be a bit of a push for me now as it means losing 6.1 lb in 5 weeks, which is faster than my usual rate.

I know this is naughty of me to say this but...It's your birthday, you're allowed to have fun and enjoy yourself stressfree. I say don't worry about what you eat this weekend and on Monday just go back to low GL. Afterall birthdays only come once a year :).

Hehe Cali I know what you mean! :) I'm enjoying myself (really looking forward to pizza and pick n mix later!), just not going completely mad as I'm feeling quite focussed right now. Since I'm coming out of a period of not feeling very focussed at all I'm going to seize the moment, LOL! :D

I know where you're coming from with not overdoing the food. I've done that on a few weekends away and got quite a buzz out of :
A: coming home lighter than I went
B: realising having fun does not always include stuffing my face.
So go with how you feel. Either way it's your night and enjoy!

Well, yesterday evening turned out quite interesting. I had a bit more food at Pizza Express than I had planned to, as it was what I fancied - so I am not beating myself up about it, don't worry - (meatball starter, and mini chocolate fudge cake dessert plus a glass of light wine in addition to the pizza) and when I got to the cinema I scooped up my box of pick'n'mix (which for me is not so much of a mix as there is only one sweet that I can't resist!). But... when we sat down to watch the film, I wasn't hungry in the slightest! I think I picked at maybe 4 candies in the whole two hours. The rest are sitting on the kitchen counter looking lonely and I suspect the husband will wind up eating them as I only ever really fancy them at the cinema.

I found this all very interesting as it seems to show that my hoped-for better mindset is developing a bit. I left some pizza on my plate as I was getting full, and was really not fussed about the sweets, again as I was full. Previously I would just have seen something tasty and plowed through it, ignoring the signs from my stomach that it had had enough until I was really really stuffed.

So hurrah! I hope this will stick with me through the Christmas season.

p.s. I've had such a crazy-mad few weeks, I'm sorry I'm so behind on Minimins and being a bad forum-mate. :( I keep thinking that soon things will return to normal and then the mad period extends itself by another week. Hopefully next week really is the last one, though.

Well done on realising your attitudes to food are changing. It's so empowering.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Woot Plum! I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself :) It's also really great that your body just doesn't want that much of the naughties anymore. I think it's amazing how low GL really changes the body and mind :).

Owww! Last night in the cinema my back was sore and today it's very unhappy. Spent most of the day with my heating pad, trying not to comfort eat. Hoping it will heal overnight somehow as we've a four hour round trip in the car tomorrow.

Breakfast: scrambled egg, avocado and tomato

Lunch: (chicken) franks and beans (sorry Cali :D ), melon pieces

Snack: some pick n mix

Snack: cheese oaty bakes

Dinner: south beach shepherds pie (omg YUM - was dubious about cauliflower topping but it was delicious, husband declared it better than potato) plus carrots and cabbage

Snack: tiny chocolate bar

Hope your back eases before your car journey. Food looked great. Well done.

Sorry to hear that your back is hurting. I hope it will get better by the morning.

Food looks really good today. I couldn't stop laughing when I read franks and beans >_< I know it's so childish of me, but I can't help think of that movie scene.

Ha ha, I love that clip too from the movie!!!

Thanks ladies - I survived but happy to be home! :)

Food not great choices today, the breakfast was a road trip indulgence and sadly the lunch just wasn't very nicely prepared. But I haven't actually eaten that much, quantitywise, until dinner. I should have taken some snacks for the car!

Breakfast: egg McMuffin, hash brown, skinny hazelnut latte

Lunch: small bit of pate with toast (stopped eating when I saw that the top centimetre of the pot was grey and the rest was pate coloured), lamb steak with mini keema kebab and small pot of couscous, cheesecake plus a G & T

Dinner: south beach shepherds pie w/veggies, plus a birthday cupcake we brought home

Good for you Plum. Setting the example for us all today!! Let's all try to be good.

It didn't last! Note to self: when planning to have a good day, make sure you've got groceries in!

Breakfast: (late, slept in) instant miso soup

Lunch: chicken hot dogs, instant Thai noodles, last of the pick'n'mix

Snack: avocado/tomato salad

Dinner: 5-spice salmon, stirfried pak choi, broccoli, carrot, and some roasted sweet potato

Ho hum, there's always tomorrow!

(on the plus side, the chiropractor fitted me in today! Yay!)

Last edited:
Mmm Chicken hotdogs, salmon and pak choi, mmmm, sounds really yummy. Me wants :)

Sigh. The problem with having one bad food meal is that it seems to restart my cravings instantly. Yesterday was not a good food day at all. I was home recovering from the chiropractor and ate just about everything in sight. I'll be home again today, at least I can't eat the same things because they're all gone!

Really need to crack this on the head now as I'm already starting to feel the bad physical effects of eating the wrong things. :(

I know how you feel Plum. I have not been able to keep on track this past week.

Back