Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

CaliSweden said:
Congratulations Plum on your boss not being a meanie. Talk about giving you unnecessary stress.

thanks Cali! Tbh I think he would have persevered if I hadn't really stood up for myself and he wasn't already treading fairly dodgy ground! Just glad I don't have to worry over the Christmas break! Phew!!! Had my first good night of sleep last night since this started, such a relief!

I'm glad you stood up for yourself Plum, and showed your boss not to mess with you. Hopefully from now on he'll know not to mess with you in such a mean way. Also glad that now you can actually enjoy the rest of the holidays without that unneeded stress caused by your boss.

Bad scale. Isn't it really crazy how the scale will go up over night with a crazy number!?! I wouldn't count today either. Wait a day or two and see the scale then. Stress can cause the body to hold on and gain weight.

I know this whole week my scale is an up and down rollercoster. The days I eat actually more than I should, in the morning the scale goes down, then the days I'm doing better low GL and eating less, in the morning the scale goes up. o_O I don't get it. Maybe my body needs the extra calories in this cold weather.

The scales are really crazy! Mine has been similarly up and down but part of that was pre-TOTM too. (probably good - for me! - that my boss's attack coincided with PMS! Take no prisoners! Ha! :D )

Good to hear that he felt your totm wrath. Hehe :)

That's great news that your boss has backed off. Good for you for standing your ground.
Weight wise , at this stage all any of us can do is just hold back a little and enjoy the rest.

I am very pleased to hear that your boss has backtracked with regards to you. What a horrible man. Well done you on holding your ground and it's nice that you don't have this stress while dealing with Christmageddon.

It's funny, isn't it? One knows the signs of when you feel stress eg you tend to miss breakfast and the rest of the food day is erratic. For me, it's skipping snacks because I am too busy or too stressed or most likely, both. We can see it happening but it's hard to stop and take control. The harder I try the less likely I am to succeed on days like these.

Given the season and everything, I think we can only do our best and try not to beat ourselves up about it. I like Molly's idea of holding back a little and enjoying the rest.

EDIT: i just read the above and I sound so depressing. I did not intend to be!

Ashie I don't think you sounded depressing at all! :) it is funny how the signs of stress just creep up on us.

Today has NOT been a good GI day, heh. Lasagne for lunch, then... Homemade mince pie was a bit too much to resist, and I scoffed the odd stray pretzel, bit of stollen etc whilst tidying after having neighbours over for a festive drink. No idea what dinner will be yet, we're still cleaning up from the gathering so it will likely be something naughty and quick!

Lentil soup for dinner last night, but then rather spoiled it by having baked apple stuffed with mincemeat (left over from pies) and lashings of custard for afters. Sigh!

Feels like I may as well give up now! Although if I give up entirely my food will be even worse... no breakfast today, then spaghetti carbonara for lunch followed by one chocolate (it got squished and was an unsightly presence in an otherwise pretty chocolate box, you see...), then some cheese, then an assortment of things like mini quiche bites and finally a mince pie. I'm choosing to look at today in terms of things I was tempted to eat and didn't: garlic bread, a burger, an enormous bagel and some peanut-butter stuffed pretzels.

No , no , no giving up! Over the next week or two it's going to be difficult to stay on track. Make a couple of good choices each day, enjoy the rest and then getting back in control come Jan will be a little easier.

I think Irish Molly is spot on. Let's make a couple of good choices a day, pat ourselves on the back for making those choices and, like she said, enjoy the rest. Never give up. And well done on passing on peanut butter stuffed pretzel (wow!) and all the rest. Not easy to do but you did it. Don't feel guilty about the rest - it's really not worth it. Tis the season to be jolly, after all.

Aw thanks ladies, I know you're right! And I am enjoying feeling festive. :)

(and yes, wow about the pretzels - they looked amazing!!)

One mince pie today, I've a stinky cold and so not very hungry! (I did eat meals as well, just no more naughty stuff)

I seem to have made a decision this year to only eat homemade mince pies, so I've really enjoyed the few I've had! Slightly wistful for mince pie puffs though, I do love them - possibly an indecent amount! :D

Oh good girl , Plum, for such a positive day. Homemade mince pies are lovely!!! It's great that one satisfied you. Good luck for a similar day tomorrow!

Oh and sorry to hear about your cold. I hope it clears before Santa comes.

Thanks Molly! This is the first year I've made them and I have to admit they're a bit cheaty - tarted up bought mincemeat and pastry!! But still loads nicer than the shop ones, I can't believe the difference!

irish molly said:
Oh and sorry to hear about your cold. I hope it clears before Santa comes.

Thank you! I hope so too. I always come down with something over my Christmas break; last year I missed the big day altogether!

Oh no! You poor pet, how awful to be poorly at Christmas.
Do you take vitamin c for your cold . I swear by it. Six 1000mg capsules a day for a week. It eases the worst of the symptoms.

On the plus side, having a cold has kept my weight down a bit over the last few days, hopefully giving me a bit of leeway for the meals over Christmas eve/Christmas/Boxing Day. Although I'm finding it much easier now to recognise when I've had enough, so I don't think I'll be stuffing myself into oblivion this year!

Back