Plumfoodie's diary and ramblings

Well done Plum on your loss. It is a good one given that you are so close to goal. Enjoy adding in new flavours.

just popping in to subscribe and say hello!

well done on your gl journey so far...

I am currently finishing off the cambridge diet,have got down from 147 to 110 in three months, so after i am done with the cambridge steps moving onto holford for the last seven pounds and maintenance ;) i cant wait...all your meals sound delicious!!

Beth x

Thank you Molly. Looking forward to the return of oat scone bread!

Thanks and welcome, cupcake. :) you've done amazingly so far; I hope you'll start a diary and look forward to your input to the forum. :)

South Beach Diet phase 1 week 2 loss: -1.7 lb

So the total loss for the two weeks of phase 1 is... -3.6 lb

Assuming I keep it off as I start phase 2 today, I'd class that as a good kick start! Which is what I needed to boost my spirits a bit. This morning I am 1.9 lb away from my current goal weight. (at which point I will pause for celebration)

When I reach that, my next goal is to get my body fat % into the 'normal' range. I expect I will lose some more weight trying to achieve this, but don't have an expectation or target for that. I'll continue with SBD phase 2 and whatever exercise I can manage. :)

Starting to phase good carbs/fruit back in today. For the first week I should aim for one starchy carb and one fruit serving per day and then next week I'll gradually ramp that up to 3 of each (although I've a feeling that 3 servings of fruit will be too much for me, we'll see). Carrots are not counted in the starchy carb servings (other starchy veg are like winter squash or sweet potato), but I should limit to 1 or 2 portions per day. I can also now have a little bit of dark chocolate and, if I wanted to, a tiny glass of wine with dinner. I'll probably skip that though, as it tends to aggravate my ME. Although it's very tempting to have one tonight just because I can, heh. :D

SBD phase 2 day 1

Breakfast: porridge with cinnamon and walnuts, V8 juice, hard-boiled egg

Snack (post-workout): greek yoghurt w/mixed berries, whey protein and dried coconut

Lunch: chicken, black bean and avocado salad

Snack: celery stuffed with laughing cow light

Dinner: spinach-stuffed salmon, roasted mediterranean veg, steamed carrots

Pudding: dark chocolate w/pistachios

All looking great Plum. You deserve to feel pleased with your progress. Well done on a great result.

SBD phase 2 day 2

Breakfast: greet the sun breakfast pizza, bacon, salsa fresca

Snack: yoghurt w/frozen blueberries and pumpkin/sunflower seeds

Lunch: chicken and turkey bacon caesar salad

Snack: mini babybels, mixed seeds, radishes

Dinner: anniversary dinner out - creamy garlic mushrooms (gave the garlic bread to mr plum! not his only gift, I hasten to add :eek: ), roast rump of lamb, loads of broccoli, carrots and cabbage, 4 oz merlot

Snack: hot milk with carob

Last edited:
I had time to do some number crunching today. As I might have mentioned before once I hit 160 lb (my initial goal weight) my next focus is going to be on getting my body fat % down to 30% so it's within the 'normal' range with a little bit of room for error.

Since September (when I first started to track body fat) I've lost 11 lb of fat and 1.5 lb of muscle. Which is a nice bit of reassurance that I'm 'mostly' losing fat.

If my muscle mass stays about the same as it is now, my goal fat % will occur at around 145 lb (15 lb lower than my initial goal weight).

If I somehow manage to build 5 lb of muscle, it will occur at around 150 lb (10 lb lower than my initial goal weight).

If I wanted to stick with 160 lb (which I don't have any reason to), I'd have to put on 13 lb of muscle and lose the same of fat. Yikes! It's very slow for women to build muscle mass compared to men. I'm hoping I will build *some*, though, since at the moment my ME isn't too bad and I can do some strength exercises.

So realistically I'm looking at maybe another 10-15 lb to go after reaching my first target, which is about what my gut feeling was telling me anyway. :)

Hi plum :) you seem to be doing really well I've had some terrible few days and I'm back at it day 1 phase 1 I'm not putting the pressure on I'm just focusing on weight reduction. I like the body fat discussion I have no idea how I work out how much body fat I need to loose or what amount of body fat is normal in stones and pounds. But yes when I've flicked through weight magazines I've seen people of same build and weight and with just abit more muscle tone it really makes the difference lol :) xx look forward to reading your meal plans xx

Plum foodie, you are doing really fantastically well.

Can I ask though, how do you work it all out? How do you know what your fat% is?

Not that I am anywhere near wanting to know mine just yet

Hx

Well done Plumfoodie. I bought the SBD book when it first came out but at the time it sounded rather extreme. I might give it another try.

SBD is the South Beach Diet which is a low GI type diet after a very low carb first phase.

hi Plumfoodie, I'm reading through this long thread bit by bit, but just a quick interim reply to say well done. I know it's hard to lose weight for people with ME.

Plum, I hope all is going well with you. You seem totally focussed at present. It's great to have that control. Well done and hope next week is a good one for you.

Back