point free soup...help!

lildanni

Rite, big girls night out next Saturday and it's my turn to feed and host the girls whilst getting ready go out. Just asked on my facebook status what everyone wants to eat and they all said they wanted me make my soup! My soup is point free though! I love my girls for thinking of me (they are so proud of me for doing this for myself) but how do I tell them that chicken wings and homemade wedges would be a better option!

Basically, what I'm on about is the gorgeous point free soups that keep our insides full and warm on these fab winter days/nights aren't the fab thing that they used to be anymore are they?!

I suppose the plus side is, point free soup does mean more points for vodka and shots (lol) but that was wat I was planning on using my 49 for lol

This is my favourite. The whole family eats this.

1 Butternut Squash peeled and chopped.
1 Onion, chopped.
1 Pint of Vegetable Stock
2 teaspoons of Ground Cummin.

Chuck in a Saucepan.
Boil for about 20 mins.
Liquidise.

I made the most gorgeous soup last week and everybody loved it.

It's a kind of Thai type soup. I just raked my cupboards and fridge to see what I could find.

I got a massive stock pot and added 2 large bags of carrots chopped
2 onions
6 cloves of garlic
2 stalk of lemon grass
about 2 inches of ginger
some chilli flakes hard to say how much, depends on taste (you can always add more)
one can blue dragon reduced fat coconut milk (10 points for can but this goes into one helluva big pot and will work out at not even 1 pp per portion)
2 tins tomatoes
some veg stock
Cook then whizz. Gorgeous!!

What I didn't use was portioned and put into the freezer. It made tonnes

Mmm that sounds good, the Thai one!

I made spicy tomato and BNS one today, having it for lunch tomorrow so will report back...! Smelled lovely though.

BNS, red onion, red pepper, celery, carrots, fresh tomatoes, a chilli, garlic roasted together for 45 mins (well seasoned) then whizzed up with water to desired consistency! Voila! Point free per portion - was in the new WW folder thing!

Im doing a mixed veg one tonight.BNS,swede,leeks,onions,broccolli,carrots,stock cube and parsley oh and water.makes loads of zero pp soup

2 Brocolis & Cauliflower
Garlic
Onion
Stock

Season to taste.

Fry up the onions and garlic til soft. Add the veg and stock. bring to the boil then simmer away 20-30 mins and blend together.

carrots cut into cubes
diced onions
fine green beans cut into smaller bits
leeks
swede cut into small cubes
celery
chopped tim toms
chicken stock with water
mixed herbs

throw all in slow cooker....i dont measure things, if too watery add more tinned toms, if too thick add more water...

plus seasoning

today i did bag of carrots,celery,onions, garlic, mushrooms veg stock cube,broccoli pointed it as 1 for stock cube:)

i take it from my weekly allowance so i dont really count is as im not using them all!!!

Rite, big girls night out next Saturday and it's my turn to feed and host the girls whilst getting ready go out. Just asked on my facebook status what everyone wants to eat and they all said they wanted me make my soup! My soup is point free though! I love my girls for thinking of me (they are so proud of me for doing this for myself) but how do I tell them that chicken wings and homemade wedges would be a better option!

Basically, what I'm on about is the gorgeous point free soups that keep our insides full and warm on these fab winter days/nights aren't the fab thing that they used to be anymore are they?!

I suppose the plus side is, point free soup does mean more points for vodka and shots (lol) but that was wat I was planning on using my 49 for lol

How about, as the soup is point free, doing the soup and a side order of the chicken wings and wedges? That way you get the food you reallylike, everyone gets to fill up on soup , and you wont need to eat so much of the pointed stuff? Leaves plenty of points left for the vodka!
Maybe your friends really really do love your soup!

Hey Sacha,

I tried your recipe (tweeked it a little) and the soup was delicious, instead of 2 butternut squash I used 1 butternut squash and 1 sweet potatoe, 3 points in the whole pot. A brilliant belly warmer....yum yum

Thanks
x

carrot, chilli and spinach soup

Hi all - this is my latest favourite;

2 onions
2 celery
2 cloves of garllic
1 1/2 - 2 pounds of carrots
2 pints of stock (using 2 stock cubes)
1 fresh red chilli or 1 tea spoon dried chilli flakes
1oz of baby spinach or 1 frozen portion

Simmer all ingredients (except spinach) for 30 mins then blend and add spinach stir well.

This is 0 pp's soup and very tasty and filling.

I have just made the butternut squash and cumin one mentioned above. Wow that is amazing. Just what you need on a cold winters day. That's my lunches shorted for this week and 0 points yippee!

i do;
2 butternut squash
2 onions
2 red peppers

Chuck in a pot with 2 pints veg stock, simmer and blend!

Not bad but cld do with some kick...
need some advice; would chilli powder be too much?
what about a bit of garlic?

I also do this one and love it, thought it was a bit bland first time I did it, however, today I added a generous pinch of Paprika and it made a big difference.

My fave at the mo:

Bag carrots
Box cherry toms
2 red onions
1/4 jar ground coriander
3 chicken stock cubes
Boiling water
Lazy garlic
Lazy chilli
Salt
Pepper
Lea and perrins
Big handful fresh coriander

Basically I put everything except fresh herbs in the slow cooker, overnight on low setting, then blend in the AM, and don't even chop the fresh herbs, just whizz them in with the blender!! Totally lazy and hassle free. Got me approx 7 'lunch portions' today, so basically done me for a week. I actually put some tomato purée in too, which I think has points, but when split 7 ways I don't think it'd register enough to be counted!!

:)

There's a point free Mexican inspired vegetable soup recipe on the WW site. It's gorgeous! I've been eating batches of the stuff!!! So filling too x

waterford said:
I also do this one and love it, thought it was a bit bland first time I did it, however, today I added a generous pinch of Paprika and it made a big difference.

I'd add a bit of garlic and chilli flakes!!!

i made the butternut squash one in the folder and added all there ingredients and then added chilli flakes too,,it's really really yum and no stock cubes so no points:)

Back