Points Allowed

cosmo1234

I have started weight watchers today, doing it by myself because i dont have the money or the time to go to the meetings. I have given myself 21 points, I am 5"4 and weigh 148 pounds. I have an office job and I'm female. is this right?

got u this from another thread,
u should do it by how many stone u are then when u go into the next stone u have to recalculate, eg go from 11st to 10st.

The points you get depends on a number of things:

Are you:
Female = Score 3
Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
No = Score 0
Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
16 - 20 = Score 5
21 - 35 = Score 4
36 - 50 = Score 3
51 - 65 = Score 2
Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
Ignore the lb, the number of stones is your score for this question. Someone who weights 12st 4lb will score 12

How tall are you?
Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
Walking most of the time = Score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

Add all the sections together and thats your daily allowance.

im doing w/w alone also for the same reasons as u, i have lost 18lb in 5 weeks so just proves u dont need the meetings, the people on here are so supportive (more than in a meeting). good luck with ur weight loss

for the first week u can do a fast start which is just 18 points for one week, gives bigger loss on the first weigh in, up to u you dont have to do the fast start

for the first week u can do a fast start which is just 18 points for one week, gives bigger loss on the first weigh in, up to u you dont have to do the fast start

It doesnt always give a bigger loss....it can help but not always

from that i should be having 22-24 due to how active i am in my job- however iv allowed myself / been aiming for 18, because i only have a few lbs to loose? do you think this is ok or am i messing with the rules to much?

im still trying to get my head around ww! lol xx

This plan like SW only works if you follow it properly. What would you tell someone who wasnt having their hex etc or eating Syns :p

aaahh you know me too well! lol xx

god now im even more nervous! so essentially i may have just screwed a weeks loss for being too careful?! awww nooo :( how gutted will i be?

i think if u knock too many points off u will just put the weight back on cause u have lost it too fast, if ur only got like 10lb or less to lose then i would maybe do 18 the first week then just go back up to 21 points insted of 23, im no expert only been doing it 5 wks but u do need to be eating near ur points. remember the faster u lose, the quicker u will gain.

i think if u knock too many points off u will just put the weight back on cause u have lost it too fast,

remember the faster u lose, the quicker u will gain.

Sorry but I have to disagree on both points.

If you cut your poitns back too much you wont lose anything, let alone too fast.

How quickly you put weight back on , has no direct relation to how you lost it. Just as many people on WW regain weight as people on VLCDs. I lost loads on WW but after a very stressful year last year put a lot back on, I lost that slowly but it went back on hell of a quick - believe me.

How fast it goes on, or doesnt, depends on the habits you adopt when you stop dieting

ah im still so confused as to how many points i should be using! if i use 18 a day this week and then go up to 22 next week will i not gain/not change at all?

i weight 10 stone 8 pounds, female, office job so no activity during the day and im 22!

also could someone explain the activity points and the other 35 a week points? does this mean u should be eating even more points a day, ive been aiming for about 20 points a day

from ur details given and the quiz i posted earlier, i work u out to be 19 points a day. my advice would be do 18 points first week then go to 19 unless u go down to 9st something, most people lose in the first week on 18 points

ah im still so confused as to how many points i should be using! if i use 18 a day this week and then go up to 22 next week will i not gain/not change at all?

i weight 10 stone 8 pounds, female, office job so no activity during the day and im 22!

Im not sure where youre calculating you get 22 points, I make it 19 or 20, depending on your height. If youre under 5ft 4 you should be on 19 if youre over it, then 20.

If youre on 19 or 20 then thats the points you should be aiming for. If youre only oh 19 or 20 then Id stick with that from week one.

also could someone explain the activity points and the other 35 a week points? does this mean u should be eating even more points a day, ive been aiming for about 20 points a day

The other 35 points are a US thing, not a UK make sure youre following the right plan and if youre using an online calculator that its a UK one

could some one please clarify for me the rules on using activity points & saved points? basically i understood it as saved poonts had to be used by the end of your 'dieting week' (i.e i weigh tomorrow so should have sused them by today?)
however, what about exercise points? i thought it was best to use them but not essential.. but the card that u work them out with says always aim to earn more than you use (due to my weight my exercise bearly counted for sweet f# all anyways lol proberly only 4 by end of week ) so it almost seems more benificial loss wise to not use them? calories in and used theory?

also are these points okay to use over the week or to be added to your dailey allowance on the day earned?

sorry complete newbie!
xxxxxxxxxx

What I think most people on here do with banked points is, if theyre not used for something like a night out, then people tend to use them for a 'treat night' after wi. Thats certainly what I did, had my wi then had Chinese etc and it was pretty much always within my weekly points allowance. It depends how you look on your week. I see wi as the last day of my week, day after wi, first day of my week :)

APs are optional, its up to you whether you use them or not. A lot of people here use them to boost their daily allowance others prefer not to :)

thanks starlight, my little WW angel!

im planning an indian after wi so all those naughtily saved points will be well used!
xxxxxxx

Back