Polishing my halo!

LorraineM

Well tonight I have had the munchies! Big style :cry:

Couldnt decide what to have, really wanted doritos and a sandwich, so needless to say on week one, i wasnt going to really have them was i??

Anyway, made some sw crisps in the microwave, had some crabsticks, pickled onions and some light caesar dressing - 1/2 a syn for it all!! mmmm!

off to polish my halo now!! Wonder how long this will last :innocent0002:

Thanks hun, i feel very virtuous! hehe

Hate to put a tarnish on the Halo, but you can't class the crisps as being syn free, so you would have to syn them.

The reason is that once you remove the water content through cooking them dry, they are no longer filling and therefore not syn free.

(Still better than doritos though!)

It's a great achievement to overcome those urges to eat certain foods, so you've done really well. x

Hate to put a tarnish on the Halo, but you can't class the crisps as being syn free, so you would have to syn them.

The reason is that once you remove the water content through cooking them dry, they are no longer filling and therefore not syn free.

(Still better than doritos though!)

Oh no! Really??? I was told they were syn free by my friend!!! How do i syn them then???? x

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's the same syns as it would have on a red day which is 2 syns per 28g (presumably the raw weight).

It's because the foods aren't being used in the way they have been intended (especially on SW). You couldn't eat many baked potatoes in one sitting, but if you turned them into crisps you could probably eat quite a few and still have room for dinner not long after!

I have checked it with slimming world, and it is the official line for crisps (potato & vegetable), lasagne doritos, baked chick peas (ie, as a peanut style snack), couscous for cakes etc. Pretty much the same reason we can't blend, puree, juice or cook fruit.

Thanks hun, it wasnt many at all, not even one small potatoe, so not too bad! I knew that abotu the fruit but didnt even think about the pots!

2 syns very definately isnt too bad! I love my crisps and really missing them the past few days! My mum bought me some twiglets today thinking they would be better than crisps - not a massive bag, but they are 31.5 syns in the whole bag! hmmm maybe not then.........cos i'd want the whole bag! Ney mind!

Thanks for your help, good job i learnt this lesson in week one hey xx

That is 2 syns per 28 g raw weight, not 28 g once they're cooked. Still better than a bag of dorito's though!

Back