Poo

I'm trying the oj thing, although at 8 syns for a little bottle, i kinda hope it doesn't or my daily allowance will be spent on going to the loo :(

LisaC said:
Thanks Shirleen. I'm veggie so can't eat the fish but I could have oil every now & then. I ended up buying some tablets from a pharmacy yesterday & they worked. I saw my Dr a month ago about my bladder, he was referring me on so I'm waiting to hear! I really upped my water intake a few months back which means I'm needing the loo more than ever but it's something I have to put up with for now, I'd rather be taking in the extra fluid.
I did put lentils in the curry a few weeks back but they didn't seem to cook (expand) well, maybe I did it wrong! I'll give them another go, I have a big packet of them at home.

What I do is boil my lentils separately and then add them Hun x

It might be worth speaking to the pharmacist? He/she may be able to recommend a supplement (eg fish oil?) that might help?

Fybogel might help too.

I agree with the poster earlier about regular laxative taking, I had to take them for a long time after I had my youngest son as I needed surgery after he was born (you don't want to know the details, trust me!!) and the doctor/nurse did monitor and change them regularly to minimise any damage, so def worth a chat with your GP if any one is finding they need to use them regularly.

Good luck everyone!

I think the problem may be lack of oil.
Try having extra virgin olive oil instead as a Healthy extra, or have oily fish a couple of times a week, like mackerel, salmon etc
Your bowel is a delicate machine and needs delicate handling.

Get some treatment for the weak bladder too, there is loads they can do for you now. If you're putting off drinking to compensate then not enough fluid will go into the bowel to keep it flowing.
And maybe try to bulk that curry with something perhaps lentils?

Think you might be onto something re the oil - I don't eat any fish at all or use any oil in any foods except the frylite. I wonder would cod liver oil capsules work the same - no way I could take it off a spoon. I might try it next week & see what happens. thanks for sharing.

Since having my first daughter in 2008 i have often get bunged up and before i was relying on lactulose but for the past 2 months i have been having 2 scan brans either with a topping or in a cake and stright after eating it i always drink half a litre of water and it works everytime, i have been regular once a day ever since i started eating scan bran. Also all bran works wonders too x

Oh it's nice to know I'm not in my own with this I'm in my second week now I'm eating salad and fruit loads but just can't go it's really uncomfortable and it's making me feel huge which is what you don't want when your being good trying to lose weight

xx

Think you might be onto something re the oil - I don't eat any fish at all or use any oil in any foods except the frylite. I wonder would cod liver oil capsules work the same - no way I could take it off a spoon. I might try it next week & see what happens. thanks for sharing.

I take cod liver oil every day and can say it doesn't help me at all. Can also report neither did the oj so 8 Syns wasted for me (could of course be different for you)
Asked pharmacist who said prunes but so disgusting lol and could try all bran but could also have the opposite effect and make you more "bunged up", also I personally don't like using my hex's on things I don't like.
I really hope someone comes along with a magic wand lol.
I should clarify that like a lot of you here, my husband has only had this problem since starting SW and not having the high fat diet, me however, it started when I quit smoking a week ago, so what doesn't work for me, may very well work for you.
Spent a few hours today contemplating whether having a cig was worth it so I could "go" but I stuck to my guns and didn't. (still kinda wish I had tho x)

LisaC said:
Ok, there's been the odd thread on this subject & I can assure this this isn't my favourite topic to discuss but I've got a query. Since doing SW I have always been regular from all the fruit, veg & very balanced meals.

For the last few weekends I've been makling myself a veg curry usually consisting of BNS, onion, tomatoes, grean beans & then I'll make my own SW paste, it makes a decent sized amount that lasts two dinners so I'll have it two nights in a row. I've now realised that on those two days & the day after I don't need the 'toilet'. My veg curry is purely just vegetables & the paste/sauce. Could it affect me because there's no protein in there so I may be lacking? I'm not really an expert on this subject (who is!?) but weigh in is tomorrow & I know it will affect it if I'm still bunged up. And it's weird that I'm usually very regular so it must have done something to me.

I've been having puffed wheat with yogurt for breakfast, cheese salad for lunch & then I'll snack on superfree & use my syns. I'm not sure what to make for dinner tonight to get things moving again...

Oooh same here, awkward subject but noticing no matter what I do I'm bunged up going 3-4 days sometimes longer without going how can I lose if it's like this I wonder, I'm Gona try senokot see how that goes!

The oj for me doesnt happen straight away if u havent been fora while it takes it time to get through your intestines. Leave it a day or so then try again.i wont promise u a clean aftermath lol be ready with the toilet roll lol

Oh bugger it, I have a 10hr flight tomorrow! Whoops
Ah well maybe it'll work before my flight *crosses everything just in case* :)

largerthanmost said:

This sounds like a good idea I might try it too, but how stupid is this question but is it fattening in the tab form anybody know??? I'm doing weight watchers.

Safia said:
Since having my first daughter in 2008 i have often get bunged up and before i was relying on lactulose but for the past 2 months i have been having 2 scan brans either with a topping or in a cake and stright after eating it i always drink half a litre of water and it works everytime, i have been regular once a day ever since i started eating scan bran. Also all bran works wonders too x

Scan bran??? What is this? Please

The other thing that works is exercise!
Anything that causes muscles to contract around the tummy area.
For me that's about anything! The recumbent exercise bike at the gym is best for me. Although all those squats during kettlebells is also good lol!

Could you try a "stool softener" it's not a laxative as such. My cousin has ms and was prescribed these little powder sachets that you mix with water? I am the same unfortunately but it must be a psyc thing cause I always get bunged up on weigh in day lol :) good luck honey it's no fun at all feeling uncomfortable..my granny used to take chopped banana with a bit of orange juice (the kind you mix with water?? Called squash here I think.) made really strong and tbspoon brown sugar she used to swear by it x

Scan bran??? What is this? Please

Scan bran is a high fibre crispbread available though sw meetings or holland and barratt. On the pack it says scandinavian crispbread and its a pack of 10. I usually have 2 a day and on sw your allowed 5 as a heb or its 1 syn per scan bread. They are really hard to eat just like that so i always either have a topping or make into a cake followed by atleast half a litre of water and it really helps. Having a lot of water after them is very important otherwise they may make your constipation worse. Also i think this is the reason why some people lose weight consistantly if they include scan bran everyday in their diet beacause it makes you go x

The other thing that works is exercise!
Anything that causes muscles to contract around the tummy area.
For me that's about anything! The recumbent exercise bike at the gym is best for me. Although all those squats during kettlebells is also good lol!
I think I might need dynamite - so far this week have used a slimtone thingy on my wobbly bits 3 times a day, done circuits at the gym twice and been swimming plus done the kettlebells 10 min ab programme for 2 mornings on top of daily 45 brisk walk. 3 days and counting - and I'm starting to get low back ache which def means I need to do something.... back to the all bran I guess. Although I hate using my HEB and HEA that early in the day

Back