Pooks' Re-Feed Diary

Pooks

Day 1
Vanilla shake for breakfast
Vanilla shake for lunch
King prawn salad which included a small bowl of herb salad, fresh corriander and parsley, 1 sliced mushroom, 5 baby cherry tomatoes, a few slices of cucumber, and around 100g of king prawns (was going to be brave and go for 5oz but it just looked like too much food!).Drizzled some lemon juice and a touch of balsamic vinegar on top as well as black pepper.
Was absolutely heavenly experiencing all of those flavors!
I'm feeling weird obviously that I've eaten but I'm just trying to get on with it - been 21 weeks since any food has passed my lips! Tummy fine so far...fingers crossed it stays that way.

Day 2

Breakfast - vanilla shake

Lunch - 5 oz grilled chicken and king prawn salad (salad consisted of mixed herby salad, fresh coriander, basil, parsley, mint, 4 or 5 baby cherry tomatoes, cucumber (about 1 inch thick, sliced) 1 mushroom sliced. Lemon juice and balsamic vinegar with black pepper topping.

Dinner - 4 oz grilled chicken with salad (salad same as lunch)

3 hours since I've eaten my dinner and my appetite is still comfortably satiated :). Really trying to keep my water uptake at least 3 litres but have been working nights this week so have struggled to find a pattern/sense of normalcy! Feeling very positive about re-feeding and still trying to get my head 'round just how full I'm getting off of what I used to consider to be small portions! Interested to see how my potato will go down tomorrow, not keen on introducing carbs but I'm going to be true to the re-feed sheet then try to minimise their appearance in my life :).

Well done Pooks sounds like you are doing brilliantly.

Thanks Hockeynut! I just hope the scales say that on Wednesday ;).

Day 3

Lunch - 5 oz white fish fillet, 6 and 1/2 oz potato (microwave) with a tsp of weight watchers very low fat creme freche and black pepper, 2 tbsp petit pois

Dinner - 6 oz grilled chicken salad with paprika and hot chili powder (only a sprinkle). Salad as before.

Loved, loved, loved my lunch! Have felt great today, great energy, and have felt really good about eating again. Roll on day 4!

Day 4

Breakfast - strawberry shake

Lunch - chicken and king prawn (6 oz) salad (salad as before) with 1 wholemeal portal. Sprinkled garam masala powder on the chicken which was magical! Had loads of fresh herbs, lemon juice, tiny splash of balsamic, and 2 tsp weight watchers creme freche. Really can't stress how much I enjoyed my lunch...it was so filling though that I wasn't hungry for dinner (thanks pitta bread!)

Dinner - smoked cod fillet (between 6 and 7 oz) with 4 oz new potatoes, 4 tbsp petit pois (2 servings), tsp of very low fat creme freche, lemon juice, black pepper and fresh parsley. Really thought I wouldn't be able to eat much as I was still full up from lunch but I managed to eat and enjoy all of it!

Am feeling like I want to avoid the wholemeal pitta for the rest of re-feed but I want to be true to the refeed sheet and carry on for the rest of my first week of re-feeding...then I can reduce the bread/potatoes in week 2. Plus I'm curious to see how weigh in will go on Wednesday sticking to the sheet!

Doesn't food taste fantastic. I find I really enjoy eating my food now - not just bolting it down and not tasting it.

Day 5

Lunch - chicken and king prawn with salad in wholemeal pitta (yes, again, but it was incredible!)

Dinner - smoked cod (1/2 fillet = 6-7 oz) with 3 and 1/2 oz new potatoes and 4 tbsp petit pois. Ok so I know I'm not being very adventurous but honestly the flavours are just so amazing...couldn't resist!

Feel amazing again today, loads of energy, wasn't as uncomfortably full up after lunch as I was the other day...my body feels like it's pleased with me if that makes any sense! :) Really need to introduce fruit so that's my mission tomorrow. Still drinking the water, probably around 3 litres today.

Day 6

Snack - 4 oz of grapes (handful really)

Lunch - 2nd half of my smoked cod fillet with 4 tbsp petit pois, fresh parsley and black pepper

Snack - 2 small clementines

Dinner - 5 oz vegetarian sausages (3 Linda McCartney sausages) with 4 oz baby new potatoes topped with 1 and 1/2 tsp Weight Watchers creme freche, 4 tbsp sweetcorn, 1/2 an onion (dry fried).

Made a point of having the fruit today as I knew I had to introduce it at some point and needed to get into the good habit of healthy, balanced eating. The re-feed info states we can have tofu, Quorn, or Texturised Vegetable Protein (TOP) so I got a box of L McCartney's sausages which were gorgeous - really think they ought to update the list with more selections so we're not left wondering whether we're allowed to have something or not! Really full up after dinner so I'm glad I'm keeping this re-feed diary.

Congratulations Pooks on your fantastic weight loss:happy096:

Good luck with refeed.

your doing a great job well done :)

Back