My Re-feed Diary

Anna-Marie

Hi and welcome to my re-feed diary! Thought I would share how I get on each day to give an example of a typical re-feed. I would have stayed on the shakes for longer as I was really enjoying them and the results :D , but I go to South America next Friday for just over a week so wanted to follow a healthy eating & exercise plan while I'm there. I will see how I get on after the re-feed and my hol and then decide whether to go back on the shakes, til I reach my goal weight (10st 2lbs), or keep up with healthy eating/exercise or 5:2 Diet/exercise. Hope this diary helps those who will be re-feeding soon, please feel free to ask any questions!! Anna xxx

Day 1 :D

Breakfast: Chocolate Shake
Lunch: Chocolate Shake
Dinner: Drained Tuna in Spring Water
Small Salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions & balsamic vinegar with black pepper - very tasty after 5 wks :D

Gentle Excersise:
50 Lengths of small pool
210 Sit Ups

Feeling really happy with Day 1, enjoyed both shakes and my lovely salad, and also enjoyed my exercises!! Had a lovely 20 mins chill out in the steam room after my swim..pure bliss!! Roll on Day 2!!

Yay Anna! :)

Woke up feeling positive!! Just doing some cleaning and washing and then on to my 150 Squats for Day 17 of the 30 Day Squat Challenge! Have had a chocolate shake for breakfast and treated myself to a coffee with some skimmed milk - a nice change :) Water and black coffee for the rest of the day though, one treat is enough ;) Tuna salads planned for lunch and dinner, will post later on how my day has gone. Have a nice day everyone..keep positive and focused..believing is achieving!! xxxxx

I've had a really good day today, I enjoyed my morning shake and both my salads :) Have done some exercises too which has helped keep me busy, I find it easier when I'm out and about too, it gets boring in the house though at least I had my cleaning to keep me entertained today. I went out after the afternoon school run and took my tuna salad with me to my Nana's and had it there. Ended up having a cup of tea with milk, which I hadn't planned on doing but I done extra exercise to make up for it so it should all balance out ;) I've been having tuna with my salad's so far as it's so tasty and I've not really fancied chicken, however will try some chicken or turkey later in the week. I feel like I'm doing well so far, the exercise is really helping to keep me feel toned and like I'm still doing something to help weight loss now I've started eating again, so I'm happy for that. I've also reacted well to eating again and haven't had any problems with going the toilet or bloatedness etc so far so that's made it easier too. I've listed my eating & exercises below, hope it helps anyone on refeed or due to start. Hope you've all had a good day too! Keep up the good work & stay positive ;) xxxx

Day 2
:D

Lunch: Drained Tuna in Spring Water
Small Salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions & balsamic vinegar with black pepper, lemon juice & salt (tiny pinch)
Dinner: Drained Tuna in Spring Water

Small Salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions & balsamic vinegar with black pepper & salt (tiny pinch)
Drinks: Black Coffee, White Coffee, White Tea, 2 litres of Water

Gentle Excersise:
150 Squats on vibration plate
6 mins of "powerspin" for my bingo wings ;)
20 mins on vibration plate (incl squat time)

You're doing great Anna :)

I'm very out of touch with exercise, what is powerspin for bingowings?

Thanks Cath :) I'm really enjoying it, think I'm just so grateful to have finally shifted some weight, it's unbelievable the difference it has made to my day to day mood :D Powerspin is a device I bought from Argos for £19.99, it's really good so far, it tones your arms, upper back and shoulders and I have some serious bingo wings going on so it's hopefully going to shift them lol. I'll copy the link below so you can see the method behind the madness ;) Hope you're enjoying your losses, you have done so amazing, well done you for sticking to it you must be so proud of what you've achieved so far!! You and Kay kept me motivated in the beginning when I first started on the shakes, I loved seeing your losses and imagining it could be me..so glad I joined this forum and stuck too it! Would definitely recommend gentle exercise too, it's helped so much with toning and keeping me motivated and think it's helping the refeed too as I feel like I'm still losing weight :)

Powerspin® 60 Second Challenge - YouTube link for youtube video

link for argos product
Buy Powerspin from Powerball - The Ultimate Bingo Wings Buster at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Fitness accessories.

Good Morning All :) Have just done my 155 Squats & 230 Sit Ups for both challenges..nice to get them out the way 1st thing! Just off on the school run to take my eldest, then more exercise and activity at our local children's indoor play centre with my youngest..love it in there it's so much fun! lol ;) Good luck for the day everyone, keep positive and focused on your healthy targets! Will update later on my food diary xxxxx

Anne-Marie, you are doing fantastic on your refeed, well done :)

Anne-Marie, you are doing fantastic on your refeed, well done :)
Thank you buttercup :) you have done so amazing on your weight loss!!!! Well done you!!! :) xxxx

Hey guys, just to fill you in on Day 3 of my Re-feed;

Had a busy morning with my exercises and the play centre, so didn't get my breakfast shake until 11:30am which is quite late for me, it was very welcome tho when I finally got it ;)

Lunch: Drained Tuna in Spring Water
Small Salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onions & balsamic vinegar with black pepper & salt (tiny pinch)
Dinner: Chicken Breast baked in the oven in water, seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon juice and mixed herbs - covered over with foil tray to retain moisture! Small 8oz baked potato with natural low fat plain yoghurt sprinkled with herbs & small salad
Drinks: Black Coffee, Black Coffee, White Coffee, EX-Small White Coffee & 2 litres of Water

Gentle Exercise:
155 Squats on vibration plate
230 Sit Ups
6 mins of "powerspin" for my bingo wings
wink.gif

15 mins on vibration plate (incl squat time)

I enjoyed all my meals again today and was glad for the chicken as I've only had tuna so far! However I found the evening meal of chicken, salad & baked potato a bit overwhelming. I followed the instructions rigidly from the Re-feed advice sheet but I think the potato should have been smaller and next time I will have less chicken too. I felt a bit stuffed after eating it, which I don't want to get into eating too much for my needs. My advice is to go smaller with the meal so as not to over face as it is a lot to eat considering the amount of time we haven't eaten meals for. So next time I will have the 4oz chicken rather than the 6oz or half the baked potato to 4oz, which I think will be ample size to feel full from. I will go off my own feelings in future as I did look at the plate and think there was too much there but I wanted to make sure I was sticking to the plan. I did leave some potato and a small bit of salad, but I had already eaten slightly too much for comfort.

Apart from the faux pas with dinner, I feel that my re-feed is going well and that I'm not finding myself too hungry or craving other foods, which is good ;) I'm loving the exercises and will do some this evening once dinner has settled properly. It's Day 4 tomorrow, so I have a shake planned for breakfast then a low fat turkey pitta with salad & fat free mayo for lunch. Dinner will more than likely be chicken again or I may opt for salmon for a change. Will keep you posted!

Hope you have all had a good day & are enjoying your path to freedom & healthy eating! Best of luck xxxx

Last edited:
You're doing great :)

wow 6 mins of powerspin!!!! i was in pain just watching the youtube clip lol! i've started bringing my little boy out on his bike on my days off so i'm gradually accepting exercise. You're doing great at your refeed and exercise routine Anna :)

Thank you both :) & good for you Cath, it's keeping fit for you and I bet he loves it out on the bike with Mummy! :) and it's took a while to get used to the powerspin, it's still quite hard ;) I break it down into 3 x 1 minute bursts on each arm so I can cope better ;) lol. I need to tone up my tummy more but I suppose that will come with time..I've already had a mini miracle shifting the weight! Now I'm back eating again, I'm going to start going to the gym at my Mum & Dad's as they have a good little set up there and it's nice and private too ;) Had a swim earlier and just about to finish my squats..have done 20..140 to go :eek: my legs are tired from all the walking around Liverpool today to pass the time waiting on my passport for 4 hours..the squats have got to be done tho..it's all part of the challenge! Update on Day 4 shortly :) xxx

Hi all, I have made it to the end of Day 4! I had a busy day today as I had to go to Liverpool to renew my passport! Thankfully it's sorted now, ready for my hol next Friday ;) I spent the day walking around the Liverpool shops & museum with my Nana, Uncle and 2yr old daughter, nice day all round considering we were passing time ;) I packed a salad with me and a pitta bread so I could have lunch while out, much easier than finding somewhere and sounding very picky :) lol, I do feel a little bloated today, don't know if it's from all the salad or the introduction of carbs with the potato last night and the bread today?? I decided to skip the potato today as I felt the pitta bread at lunch was heavy enough, I think I'll opt for spaghetti or brown rice tomorrow for some variety. My food diary for today (Day 4) is as follows;

Snack: Banana
Lunch: Brown sandwich pitta filled with wafer thin low fat turkey & salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes & cucumber, 2 tsp lighter than light mayo & black pepper
Snack: Satsuma
Dinner: Wafer thin low fat turkey & ham, salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper & onion, 2 tsp lighter than light mayo & black pepper, salt & lemon juice (was hungry from my swim so made sure I had a good size serving of cold meat- hopefully not too much, though I didn't have a potato so should balance out)
Drinks: Black Coffee, White Coffee & 2 litres of Water

Gentle Exercise:
160 Squats
235 Sit Ups
files

30 lengths of small pool

Going to do some more strenuous exercise over the weekend, maybe go on the cross trainer or a good power walk on the tread mill, feel ready to up the pace a little now :)
Hope you have all had a good day & enjoyed losing weight ;) xxxxxx

How did you do so many squats and sit-ups, I just started so did 50 of each and thought my knees were going to break! Well done your doing great!!

How did you do so many squats and sit-ups, I just started so did 50 of each and thought my knees were going to break! Well done your doing great!!
I was the same when I first started doing them!! I started out doing the squat challenge first and did that for 5 days, then started doing the sit up challenge. I use a Weider sit up cruncher that I bought from amazon over a year ago but I had rarely used it before! lol, it's a lot easier with that as it supports your head while doing them. I've copied the link for it below from another online store for you to see what I mean, as amazon don't have these in stock anymore but they do have similar, I have also copied the link for this too ;) My sister has the Davina McCall one (argos) which is also good, ended up using hers this evening as I hadn't done them this morning and wanted to get them done while visiting to get them out of the way :) It does take time to build it up, but slow and steady wins the race ;) I break my squats up into sets of 20 on average and leave short gaps in between to make them more manageable.

Mine: http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk...aign=Froogle&gclid=CIDAxvvQm7cCFRMQtAodTyoAyw
Similar: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marcy-Bruce...d=1368742005&sr=1-24&keywords=marcy+bruce+lee
My Sister's one: Buy Davina Ab Roller with Mat at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Fitness accessories.

I prefer my cruncher to my sister's as it folds away to save on space when not using & I feel like it works your muscles more, but hers is really good too and would use either for the challenge. Hope you find your 'comfort' zone with them soon, they do honestly get easier to do, but as they get easier, you have to do more!! lol xxxx

Woohoo..day of Rest today from my Squat Challenge :D Can't half feel the difference on my bum & leg muscles though! Just had my morning shake and going to half a black coffee in a mo before I do my Sit Ups (240 today:eek:) Then off 2 the park with my little chickens for a play & a walk in the gardens, it's nice and sunny in Manchester :) going to take a picnic with us and maybe share some with the ducks too. Have a good day everyone..will update my Day 5 Food Diary later ;) xxxx

Hi, we didn't make it to the park as the sun soon disappeared! So we headed to the indoor play centre instead..though this time I didn't go on the slides myself, I left the girls to it :) lol. I also received my maintenance sample pack through the post today, it only took 2 days to arrive too! I tried the caramel bar which I found most delicious, a welcome treat, I enjoyed it at the play centre with a black coffee ;) I felt like I needed to do more exercise today, something a bit more vigorous than the toning I have been doing so I drove over to my Mum & Dad's this evening and went on the cross trainer & I loved it :D This I find is one of the great things with the refeed as you're able to do more physically without wiping yourself out. My food diary is as follows;

Snack: Apple
Lunch: Brown sandwich pitta filled with wafer thin low fat turkey & salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes & cucumber, 2 tsp lighter than light mayo & black pepper
Snack: Caramel Maintenance Bar
Dinner: 1 tin of drained tuna in brine with vinegar and 2tsp of lighter than light mayo, salad consisting of; lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber & onion, & black pepper, salt & lots of lemon juice, 4oz Basmati Rice (only had white in so had to have that) - Extremely Tasty Dinner :)
Drinks: Black Coffee, Black Coffee, Black Coffee & 2 litres of Water

Exercises:

240 Sit Ups
files

25 mins on cross trainer - 2.35km & 210 calories burned :D
6 mins on rowing machine

Feel much better for the extra exercise, will be doing more again tomorrow! Good night everyone, hope you've all enjoyed your day :) xxx

I started that 50 day squat challenge you were doing and oh my god, my legs feel like I've been hit by a bus is this normal or did I do it wrong? It hurts every time I move lol. You must be some kind of super women x

I started that 50 day squat challenge you were doing and oh my god, my legs feel like I've been hit by a bus is this normal or did I do it wrong? It hurts every time I move lol. You must be some kind of super women x
It does honestly get easier, try doing them in smaller sets as you build yourself up & I really hope you get into it, just think that pain means they are working ;) lol xxx

Back