My Re-feed Diary

Hi, Update for Day 6 as follows;

Breakfast: Chocolate Shake
Snack: Maintenance Shake - Orange Creme (I found it very strange and quite awful!! needless to say won't be having another)
Lunch: Low fat turkey & ham salad - Lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, green pepper, salt & Pepper (from Subway)
Snack: 1/4 apple, 1 grape (shared a small fruit bag with the kids - lol)
Dinner: Salmon fillet baked in lemon juice, salt & pepper, 2 Asparagus tips, 4oz Jasmine Basmati Rice, Salad - lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, salt & pepper & lemon juice (delicious)
Drinks: Black Coffee, Black Coffee, Black Coffee & 2 ltr Water

Exercises:
30 min on cross-trainer: 251 Kcal burned, 2.8km done :D
6 min powerspin :D
180 Squats :eek:
50 mins on my new stomach toning belt..love it :D http://www.amazon.co.uk/Homefront-A...qid=1368906824&sr=8-2&keywords=slim+tone+belt

It's my day of rest from the sit-up challenge today, I'm gonna do 50 though as feel a bit stuffed from dinner as had a rather large plate:sign0007:

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend & keeping up the good work ;) Well done all of you!! xxxx

Does your toning belt work? Was thinking of getting one. Can't wait to see how you do at the end of refeed your doing so so well x

I think the toning belt is really good myself, I only got it this morning but from what I've used of it today it really does pull at your muscles, I'm sat with it on again now :) lol, it's got 4 and a half stars out of 5 from 182 reviews so that's good to go off too. It's only £28.99 and all, so quite cheap compared to others! I'm really hoping I do well on this refeed week, I've got my holiday to go on this Friday & I'm putting the effort in so hopefully it will pay off, will see Monday eeeekkkkk!! I'm happy with how I feel in respect to feeling more toned and active so if my weight doesn't reflect it then I'm not gonna be too disappointed, just confused :) lol! Gonna keep at what I'm doing anyway and as long as I'm feeling good then I'll be happy with that, I think that's most important for all of us :) I've got loads more toning to do and a bit more weight to trim off, just hope I can make a big difference this coming week ready for my hol, loved the instant weight loss from the shakes, shame there's not a miracle exercise that could work as fast :) lol xxxx

Anna - I'm so with you on the orange maintenance shake. Texture is eeeeuuuggghh and the taste is so strange. Won't tell you what it made me think of. I just got it down and drank lots of water to keep it down and wash the taste away :(

Why hasn't anyone invented miracle instant exercise and toning yet? :D

You're doing great with your refeed and deserve a good result on the scales x x x

Thanks Kay :) will let you know how I get on tomorrow, hope I've done ok, I feel much better in myself anyway and my arms n legs can feel the burn so it's doing something at least :) I had to have some medicine last night though ( 2 large capfuls of day nurse) as I lost my voice the other day and it's turned into a nightmare of a tickly cough, kept me & my OH up most of last night until I finally gave in and took something for it. Just hope it's not full of sugars etc and it's not affected my glycogen or whatever it's called! & I know, that drink is the most awful 'food' I have ever tasted, don't know how they manage to sell it! Hopefully others will read this and stay well clear! lol :) xxxxx

Awww shucks, hope the tickle goes away soon. Even if it does affect the scale, you'll know why and it'll sort itself out over the next few weeks x x x

So my final day of week 1 of Refeed, I get weighed tomorrow! Hopefully I have done ok, had to take some day nurse medicine for a very tickly cough throughout last night, hope it's not messed with my results! !On a more positive note, went bikini shopping today :eek: me & a bikini :eek: have gone from a 36E to a 36D up top & had to ask the assistant for a size 10 as the 12 was a bit big :eek: unfortunately they didn't have the 10 so I have took a chance and ordered them from Debenhams online, I hope they fit! & more importantly come in time for my hols!! Chuffed though either way :D Went for lunch with the OH & girls today too & sat through them eating a feast and I wasn't in the least bit bothered! I sat & drank my black coffee and enjoyed it! Good times :) ..Day 7 Food diary as follows;

Snack: Banana, Satsuma
Lunch: low fat turkey & ham salad - lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, gherkins, onions, salt & pepper (Subway again as I was out & about - didn't enjoy it really, very bland compared to yesterday's and I was hungry too so it must have been really awful - lol, went for a meal with my OH and 2 daughters and watched them all munching away on decent food - I had black coffee and wasn't the least bit bothered - it's a miracle :D)
Snack: Banana
Dinner: smoked salmon fillet, 4oz basmati rice, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, salt, pepper & lemon juice
Drinks: Black Coffee, black coffee, half cup of milk coffee (didn't really like it so couldn't drink it - actually prefer it black now!), unfortunately not really drank much water today!! naughty me, I have a big bottle by the bed so will try and drink a bit before bed & throughout the night to try and catch up. Took some senna before too as think not drinking enough water has not gone down too well! Lesson learned!!

Exercises:
250 Sit Ups
185 Squats
6 mins Powerspin
20 mins toning belt

no cross trainer or swimming today as I had my hair done :) lol, will make up for it tomorrow though! Hope you have all had a good weekend and are looking forward to hitting those scales tomorrow..best of luck everyone! xxxxx

Awww shucks, hope the tickle goes away soon. Even if it does affect the scale, you'll know why and it'll sort itself out over the next few weeks x x x
thanks Kay..fingers crossed ;) I'm not giving in to medicine tonight anyway, my OH has gone back working away this evening so at least it will only be me I'll be keeping awake, will have to train harder to make up for it, got my gym bag packed for my hols..I've planted a new tree never mind turned over a new leaf!! lol xxxxx

Just been for weigh in and I've lost 2lbs on Refeed Week, really happy it's matched my efforts..I've done so much exercise this week!! Thankfully it's paid off!! Will update my food and exercise diary later, off to my nieces tea party..just had a tuna salad so I won't be wanting to pick ;) xxx

Well done, really pleased for ya x

Thanks Emma :) xxx

Hi all, I finished refeed week yesterday so I didn't really need to follow the refeed plan today but I thought to do it anyway and thankfully it must have helped over the last week from my weigh in results today..so I'm glad I did & I'll use it as a guide to go off over my hols before I start the 5:2 diet plan. I think the amount of exercise I did this week also helped my results too, so I shall definitely be keeping that up too ;) My food diary for today is as follows;

Snack: Banana
Lunch: 1 tin drained tuna in brine with 4tsp lighter than light mayo & vinegar, salad: lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, salt & black pepper
Snack: half a brown pitta bread & 3 king prawns
Dinner: I'm not very hungry as I didn't have my shake til later on today, had an apple & had a tiny square of bday cake so gonna give dinner a miss as it's quite late now and I don't want to be eating after 7pm really
Drinks: Black coffee, black coffee, black coffee & 2 litres of water (still got a bit of water to go but it will soon be gone when I get started on squats & sit ups!! lol

Exercises done today:
6 mins of Powerspin
50 mins of cross trainer = 400 calories burned :eek: 4.53 km done :D
30 lengths of small pool

Still to do this evening:
Squat challenge: 190 Squats :eek:
Sit Up Challenge: 255 Sit Ups

Done loads of exercises this morning as you can see above, so didn't get chance to do my usual squats & sit ups, better get em started as still got to pack for my hols yet & I go on Friday morning!!

Hope you've all had a good day & are keeping up with your plan!! Well done everyone!!! xxxxx

Well done Anna, where you going on holiday? X

Off 2 Panama and really looking forward to it! Hopefully moving over there with our 2 little girls towards the end of summer/beginning of autumn so going over to do a bit more research to narrow down a short list of areas to live/work..I keep saying a hol but it's more of a working hol ;) I'll be hopefully wearing my bikini nonetheless so it's a kind of hol :) Just finished today's squats and sit-ups..ouch..can't half feel it!!! How's your back now, have you been able to start the squat challenge yet? xxxx

Well done on your loss :) delighted for ya, you are doing fantastic :)

Well done on your loss :) delighted for ya, you are doing fantastic :)
Thanks Buttercup :) I'm really enjoying it, the healthy eating and the exercise! Feel like a miracle has occured :D How are you getting on? xxxxx

I started and did 50 squats then my legs killed for 3 days (shows how unfit I am) so I had to stop as couldn't physically get down in the squat position lol but I should get back to it really. Really starting to think your super woman, I don't know how you did those squats. I'm doing race for life on Saturday and have done no training or exercise so but worried as thought I'd be off the shakes by then, but I can always walk it if im struggling, then after that I got a party to go to and they don't know about my diet so will have to avoid drink and food but shouldn't be to hard xx

I started and did 50 squats then my legs killed for 3 days (shows how unfit I am) so I had to stop as couldn't physically get down in the squat position lol but I should get back to it really. Really starting to think your super woman, I don't know how you did those squats. I'm doing race for life on Saturday and have done no training or exercise so but worried as thought I'd be off the shakes by then, but I can always walk it if im struggling, then after that I got a party to go to and they don't know about my diet so will have to avoid drink and food but shouldn't be to hard xx
Well done you on doing race for life, however you do it, you're doing it and that's something to be proud of!! You should be fine at the party too, people are usually too busy to notice you not eating though they may be trying to encourage you to have a drink..just use the race as an excuse that you don't want to undo you're good, healthy work ;) I don't know how I managed to get on with the squats really myself, I just broke them down into sets and try to do them side on in the mirror to keep my eyes on my knees in case they go over my toes and I have music on too to concentrate on something else. I have 220 to do tomorrow so hopefully I'll morph into super woman over night! lol xxxx

Evening :) A quick update on my day today. I was out shopping at the Trafford Centre for most of the morning/afternoon so didn't have time for any snacks! Had lunch out with my little girl while shopping, tried to be as healthy as poss but think it may have had a few calories in the roasted new potatoes ;) I made up for it with exercise though!

Food diary for today;

Breakfast: small bowl of fruit & fibre with skimmed milk (thought I'd have a change from the shake, partly due to not being able to find shaker & couldn't be bothered to whisk..lol!)
Snack: None
Lunch: Chargrilled Salmon fillet, 2 new potatoes roasted, 1 boiled egg quatered, green beans, lettuce, cucumber, baby tomato, onion, 4 black olives & balsamic glaze vinegar (from Est, Est, Est Restaurant - very delicious, but was rather full so left around a third of it!! I used to be a strong member of the clean plate club too!!)
Snack: None
Dinner: Brown Sandwich pitta filled with 1 tin drained tuna in brine with 4tsp of lighter than light mayo with vinegar, lettuce with shredded cabbage & vine tomatoes - very delicious..ate it all! ;)

Exercises done today;
260 Sit Ups for sit up challenge
6 mins of Powerspin
50 mins of toning belt
A whopping 1 hour & 20 mins on the cross trainer!! 7.35 km done and burned 650 calories (I was only going to do around 30 mins as I had the school run coming up but I thought I'd keep at it while I was motivated so let her stay at the after school club and carried on working away, didn't imagine I'd get to 80 mins though!! fab result :D I even took a picture of the monitor with my stats on as I was that impressed with it lol :D I didn't look the best afterwards, according to my Mum I looked like a beetroot!! At least I'm a keep fit beetroot! Felt really good & energised afterwards! Back on again tomorrow though I've got that much to do I don't know how much I'll be able to cram in :( got my 220 squats to do tomorrow too :eek: so will prob be wiped out from them! Enjoyed my day of squat 'rest' today!

Hope you've all had a good day!! xxxx

Yeah maybe I'll try break them up like that ill start Sunday as don't want achey legs on Saturday , I'm going to start going on the cross trainer with is currently a clothes rail and in the trampoline as any exercise will be better than none, then Sunday ill get back in to squats challenge, does it tone up the back of your legs and bum? As that's my main problem area. Have you got before and after pictures? Yourve done so great would love to see them x

Back