poor consultant

Mrs LAC

Hi everyone,

After my post last week regarding my consultant not doing her job properly, I've finally plucked up the courage and emailed Slimming World to complain. I didn't go to class this week as I feel I am wasting my money.

Having read the posts from other SW members on here, i feel cheated out of my £4.50! Since joining SW in June we've had several "Express Weigh-Ins" (no Image Therapy), no tastings, no recipes, she's never replied to any text messages or phonecalls (i've contacted her about 2 or 3 times), and she has failed to be inspiring in any way ... she looks bored, bored, bored.

Am I being a cow for reporting her?

Absolutely not!
You pay money for a service as well as an eating plan and you are entitled to receive both!

The problem with people like her is that they act the way they do as no one has told them it is unacceptable. Why would she change what she is getting away with when she can get her normal pay for half the job. Half a job Bob is clearly her name!

I certainly hope that SW respond and reprimand her accordingly, then you will see what a real consultant is like.

I think you were right to report her! My consultant is great, she sent me a text last night, just a little encouragement but it makes all the difference, it shows you that she really wants you to do well and that she is not just there for the money.
We have taster nights and recipes etc, our consultant always encourages you to call her at any time if you need her help.
When you read the things other people say on here about consultants being good it must be really annoying to know that you pay the same as us and don't get anything like we do. Its really not fair and SW can't do anything about it if they don't know, most members would just stop going or even think SW is no good if its their first time of trying it. She will give SW bad name.
Thats why I think you are right to let SW know about it.
Do you have another group nearby you can attend instead?
Its a shame you now have to miss out on classes now through no fault of your own.

I think you were right to report her! My consultant is great, she sent me a text last night, just a little encouragement but it makes all the difference, it shows you that she really wants you to do well and that she is not just there for the money.
We have taster nights and recipes etc, our consultant always encourages you to call her at any time if you need her help.
When you read the things other people say on here about consultants being good it must be really annoying to know that you pay the same as us and don't get anything like we do. Its really not fair and SW can't do anything about it if they don't know, most members would just stop going or even think SW is no good if its their first time of trying it. She will give SW bad name.
Thats why I think you are right to let SW know about it.
Do you have another group nearby you can attend instead?
Its a shame you now have to miss out on classes now through no fault of your own.

I have looked into joining other groups locally but I just about make it home from work in time to go to my local one. The next one would be about 10 miles away.

Thats a shame, I hope you get something sorted soon, I presume they will send you a reply to let you know what may happen next.

Hopefully for now at least you can come on here for support, and we'll all help you with syn values etc if you choose not to go back to your current group.
Good luck with it anyway - let us know how it goes. x

SW is a business and just like any other business you are paying for a service. if the service is poor no one would have any qualms of complaining so why should you. They get paid by the numbers attending the group. Remember that you are not paying slimming world they just keep a percentage. Why does this woman deserve your hard earned money when she is not earning hers. xx

Nope, absoloutly not. Think about all those other people, and the newbies that will be so unfortunate to find her, and will never know how amazing sw could be for them, and change thier lives around.. when they have a consultant like that?

youv done everyone a favour!!! stick with it, your doing really well. xxx

Remember, you usually have 30 mins to get weighed before image therapy. Could you get to the further away group within that half hour?
I know I am rarely at WI for 6.30, but am always there by 7.

And well done for complaining... don't feel guilty. You have to do what's right. The right thing is for her to be giving you the support that you pay for and that you deserve!

Emma xXx

good on you for complaining, i've been going to group since jan and the only time we have had express weigh ins has been bank holidays and when we had that really bad weather. we've had a few taster nights and mini award nights, you have defo done the right thing.

hope you either get someone better taking over the group or can find a more supportive group xxxx

It has to be done, what's the point of getting great press with the Slimmer of the Year people and having that encourage people to come to group if they only find a rubbish consultant! Ours is leaving in a few weeks, there is a new girl taking over, she seems nice enough but only time will tell, fingers crossed! I'm always checking to see if a new one comes up nearer me tho!

You are quite right to complain. Firstly for yourself because you are paying your hard-earned cash for a service you are not receiving.

Secondly, all the other members of the group are being short-changed too.

Also, because she is bringing SW into disrepute and damaging the work that good consultants do. I have an excellent consultant, and one of my family is also a consultant. I know that they work very hard, really care about their members, and go the extra mile to help and encourage them.

I have never heard of express weigh in's. Ours never does... we should finish at 8, but rarely, if ever, leave before 8.15!!!
I think that's the groups fault though... we have too much of a giggle!!!

You did right to report her! SW take these things very seriously and will probably send someone in under cover as a "guest". It happened at a class I was at and the consultant was reprimanded! She then left. You are paying for a service and you should get it! You mustn't feel guilty! You are doing the group a big favour!

You did right to report her! SW take these things very seriously and will probably send someone in under cover as a "guest". It happened at a class I was at and the consultant was reprimanded! She then left. You are paying for a service and you should get it! You mustn't feel guilty! You are doing the group a big favour!

Echo everything Judi has said here. They are a business and should offer you a full service for your money, anything short of this is not acceptable and must be sorted out one way or another for everyones benefit.

I can only echo everything thats been said, well done for sticking up for yourself, its such a shame you have been paying for a service you are not receiving

You are totally right to report her.
You have every right to expect better.
I hope they consider changing the consultant to one that will be more understanding and caring.

Good morning...
I also echo what everyone else has said and think you have done the right thing in reporting her...

I joined sw 2 wks ago in another town and wasnt that impressed with the consultant either,so i went this week for my first WI, wanted to see if she was any better etc...it was worse so i told her i wouldnt be going back and will be going to a group nearer to where i live...:)
I hope you manage to find another group very soon.

I totally agree that you were right to contact SW about her.

I don't think she'll lose her class, but it may well prompt visits from her manager, secret 'members' coming to appraise class and feedback to SW (like a mystery shopper) etc. It might well shock her into pulling her socks up and perhaps she will up her game. Ok, you won't be there to benefit if that happens....but at least other members of the class might!

Back