Poorly :(

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by MagdaX, 6 October 2010 Social URL.

1. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    I'm afraid this is turning into a full blown cold :(
    I'm feel and look like death :sigh:
    I've actually never had a cold or flu while on LL and I'm not really sure how ro treat it. Normally I'd take loads of vit C and drink some hot milk with honey and garlic (yuck I know but it works wonders!).
    I'm going to pick your brains my lovely people.
    What can I take that's safe and effective?
    Any advice is appreciated as I simply can't be ill. My bosses would get a heart attack if I called in sick and we don't want that, do we?! ;)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. st.angelo

st.angelo Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lighterlite lite
    Hi Magda, sorry to hear you are unwell.

I wouldn't like to suggest anything and think you should phone your counsellor for advice because you are on a VLCD and it may not be safe to continue abstinence.

Although, saying that, the packs contain all the nutrients and vitamins you need so perhaps just drinking extra water may be all you need to do.

There are other things you could do such as put your face over a bowl full of hot water and cover your head with a towel as the steam may be beneficial. Also, Olbas oil dotted on a tissue inside your pillowcase or dotted on a small cloth over your radiator would also help.

Hope you recover soon and strongly advise that you do speak to your counsellor to give proper advice.x

4. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    Yeah I did :)
    She said it's fine to continue with abstinence as long as I feel ok. It looks like it's just a bad cold and other than having a blocked nose I'm feeling fine. Just need to sleep it off..

5. Spanglymum

Spanglymum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    107.27kg
    Current Weight:
    101.83kg
    Goal Weight:
    69.85kg
    Lost(%):
    5.4kg(5.07%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so rotten, mags. Hope you feel lots better tomorrow morning after a good night's sleep. St Angelo has some good advice!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.