Red Day Pork Dijonaisse / or chicken

Pommette

Trying - very!
Another of my favourites where the original recipe called for double cream.

But I've adapted it to be more SW friendly for a red/EE day to be just
3 syns per serving.

It's another lovely dinner party menu that you can serve to friends without them realising you are on any sort of diet whatsoever! Fantastic.

INGREDIENTS (FOR 4)
800g Pork Fillet (chopped into ¾” medallions/slices so there are aprox 3 each)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
112 g button mushrooms, quartered
200 ml chicken stock
150 ml Dry White wine
1 level tbsp cornflour mixed with cold water to a runny paste
1 level tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Quark
Shake of celery salt or a finely sliced stick of celery (optional)

METHOD
1. Heat a large sauté pan and spray with Fry Light.
2. Cook the onion until soft over a low / medium heat and then add the mushrooms and garlic and fry for a further 5 minutes.
3. Add the pork and seal on all sides but do not let it get too brown.
4. Add the wine and turn heat up to full and boil hard for 1 or 2 minutes to cook out the alcohol.
5. Add the chicken stock, mustard and celery (if using) and turn the heat down to low and simmer until the pork is thoroughly cooked – about 20-25 minutes
6. Add the cornflour to the pan and cook for another 2 mins, stirring all the time
7. Remove pan from heat and leave to cool for a minute and then add the Quark and mix in thoroughly. Return to a very low heat just to make sure the Quark is warmed through - being careful not to boil and curdle the Quark
8. Serve with a jacket potatoes (HexB) or Rice / Pasta (syn) [it is good with anything!] and some colourful veg – we love it with asparagus and carrots.

It is also equally good done with chicken breast, pork loin or pork chops, but you need to cook the pork chops for a little longer.

TOTAL SYNS FOR 4 = 12
Syns per portion on Red/EE = 3

Sorry no picture! Stupid really as we had it last night and I could have taken one.

Back