Original Pork

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Helloooo.

Tonights dinner consists of pork and veg, however, pork to me is sooo boring! Has anyone got some ideas how I can make it a little more appitising for free or little syns?

You could make a pepper sauce using fromage frais, if you go on lifeline online I have seen one on there or if anyone has the sauces book they could post it for you maybe

hi i am new to the forum and unsure how it works but i am vegetarian is there any ideas on here for me thanks xx

Theresa - if you go to the recipe section there will be loads of ideas for you, if you go to SW & get the password each week then there are also loads of recipes for veggies on there as well.

You could mix together some soy sauce and honey and add to a casserole dish with the pork steaks.

I made a nice sauce by adding 4 tsp dijon mustard into 100g philly with a few splashes of milk.

I don't eat meat except for chicken & turkey - but when I cook pork chops for hubby, I cook them in the oven wrapped in a foil 'bag' I smear one side with grain mustard and the other with apple sauce, add salt & pepper and a pinch of mixed herbs and then layer thinly sliced onions on top and add just a little red oxo water - when it is cooked it is lovely and moist and I serve it with veggies and a thick red oxo gravy which my hubby likes....enjoy your pork tonight,

Some lovely ideas there, thanks!

One other thing, probably a bit cheeky, but I said a few days back now that my weight loss is slowing down quite abit. I have tried eatign speed foods etc but just wondered if someone could look at my food diary and tell me if im doing it right or not lol. Thanks x

I do mango pork, it's in one of the SW recipe books.

I cook the pork under the grill. Whilst it's cooking I put half a fresh pureed mango on a griddle pan and heat through with paprika for a couple of minutes. I then add the other half of mango which is chopped into chunks and heat that through. Put it on top of the pork and serve with salad or stir fry veg.

I love this, it's so simple :D

K xx

Back