Total Solution Porridge biscuits

April1

Hi, so I've attempted my first batch of the porridge biscuits and they've come out lovely golden brown, hard on the outside...but a little soft on the inside! Do you think I made then to thick? Or has anybody else had a similar thing happen? X

I had the same thing April. Tasted ok but just a bit of a funny texture. I made 3 out the mix. Hope this helps and good luck with ur weight loss!

Hey April!

You made them right... That's exactly how mine turned out too lol!

When I bit in I was kinda expecting a crunch?? But noo lol!

Yep, same here! I'm really pleased with them though, no sticking to paper, no nothing. Was running late this morning so make four biscuits, for breakfast and lunch, and now I can space them out, I'm quite excited about that. How sad ;)

Hey

I've just finished my third attempt at these, I too miss the crunch and after first attempt an they were a chewy soft mush I decided to try mix it up abit. So I added my cinnamon (yummy) added water but kept the mixture quite thick and sticky too much water = failure (lol). I have silicon baking trays etc so I used 2 of these and got a teaspoon of mix and spread out quite thin (the thicker the Mix the more chewy it will be. A thinner biscuit will crisp up.) then I just threw in oven the low temp suggested is fine as it will cook the middle without burning outside. When the tops had started to go a brown I flipped them over and back in for a few mins to crisp up the bottoms.

The results biscuits that crunched yea!!! Think I ended up cooking about the same time but spreading the mix thinner gave me a crunchy biscuit (I couldn't stomach them when they were chewy) and I think I made 6 palm sized and loved them with my coffee xxxx

Back