Porridge concern

*angela*

Silver Member
Advice please :) if I don't eat my full quantity of my HexB allowance of porridge should I then count it as syns or can I still use it as my HexB but I just haven't ate it all? Any ideas? Thanks :)

Personally I just plan both my hexb each day if I eat them, half or none. . Makes no difference!

Wouldn't waste syns!!

Agreed, when at work I don't have milk (can't keep track of the type and quantity) so it's impossible to use all my HEXA allowance of milk each weekday, but nevertheless I still count it as my HEXA whatever the quantity I have before and after work.

(hope that makes sense) :D

That's my thought as well... I have the oat so simple most mornings but I find measuring out the 35g a nuisance each day+the days I did measure out I didn't eat it all anyway... Find it so much easier to have the sachets but because its only 28g I don't know if I should be counting it as syns because its not the full quantity... I'm hoping it can just go down as HexB coz like you say I hate the idea of using syns x

Hiya, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but oats so simple is no longer a heb as they changed their recipe and it does not contain enough fibre anymore :(

As for not eating/drinking enough of hea/b I still count as a he even if I only have half

Hiya, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but oats so simple is no longer a heb as they changed their recipe and it does not contain enough fibre anymore :(

As for not eating/drinking enough of hea/b I still count as a he even if I only have half

Oh noooo really?? What porridge is counted as the HexB? Totally gutted about that but I'm glad I now know :(

Sent from my iPhone

Oh noooo really?? What porridge is counted as the HexB? Totally gutted about that but I'm glad I now know :(

Sent from my iPhone

Oats so simple is syn

Get some oats hun its well worth it. Super cheap too!

I measure mine all out and so overnight oats with them

You can still have 35g of unflavoured porridge oats as a Hex B - personally I prefer them to the oat so simple, seems to go creamier. Also works out a lot cheaper :)

Is there another brand I should but or just plain porridge oats? Trip to Tesco this morning is in order... Gonna have to get used to weighing+measuring it all again if I like it or not... *bye bye convenience*

Sent from my iPhone

Buy some little food bags, spend a few minutes portioning out all your oats in one go and then put all the bags back in the box. Then just grab a bag each morning. Simplez :)

I get a big bag of Quaker oats - around £1 in tesco and it lasts ages. Measuring and putting into food bags is a good idea :)

Sorted :) thank you... And that's a fab idea about the sandwich bags so ill def do that x

Sent from my iPhone

Attachments

• image-2751793189.jpg
    image-2751793189.jpg
    454.3 KB · Views: 126
I like the Scotts Old Fashioned. Last time I got them they were on a special offer so I stocked up. Much cheaper than the stuff in sachets - why pay someone else to put them in a paper bag for you?

Back