Porridge for dinner..

Luci-De-Milo

is going to do this!
Would this be totally mad?

I like having a hot meal in the evening, but haven't taken to any of the soups. Does anyone else do it?

I know SS isn't exactly the most conventional diet but is this taking it too far? lol

Also, while I'm here, where is there any information available on the amount of cals for each meal on the CD diet? I'm finding the whole 'around Xcals' a bit vague, I'd rather know how much per shake/soup/tetra/porridge/bar etc!

LOl you are right, there is not conventionw ith CD, I have porridge at night sometimes.. I know someone who has one every night!!

Make the plan suit you, so it becomes more enjoyable :)

x

LOl you are right, there is not conventionw ith CD, I have porridge at night sometimes.. I know someone who has one every night!!

Make the plan suit you, so it becomes more enjoyable :)

x

Ooh really? Well, that settles it, I'll do then! It's nice to know I'm not the only weird one out there haha.

Although I think I'll tell my CDc I'm having it for lunch, so she doesn't think I'm completely mad :p

I like a porride in the morning, soup for lunch and either shake or bar for dinner, but, i have had porridge at night as i love it....its your diet, you do whatever combination suits you to get you through this, just be careful as you can only have 1 bar per day and 1 mousse, im sure most of us would love 2 bars a day! lol lol

Also, while I'm here, where is there any information available on the amount of cals for each meal on the CD diet? I'm finding the whole 'around Xcals' a bit vague, I'd rather know how much per shake/soup/tetra/porridge/bar etc!

Hi

Can't remember the exact calorie values but it's around 140 for the shakes, soups, porridge and tetras. Bars are all around 175 apart from cranberry which is 153. Mix-a-mousse adds 20 cals per serving hence only one a day.

Sorry it's still "ish" but hope this helps :)

Hi

Can't remember the exact calorie values but it's around 140 for the shakes, soups, porridge and tetras. Bars are all around 175 apart from cranberry which is 153. Mix-a-mousse adds 20 cals per serving hence only one a day.

Sorry it's still "ish" but hope this helps :)

Oh thank you! That's much better, all I had before was an estimated total of calories, I didn't know how much for each item, thanks :)

Are the bars worth the extra calories, in terms of taste/filling feeling?

Most people love the bars, some a bit too much as it gets them craving real food! The main concern with the bars is the extra carbs which in some people can stall weightloss or kick them out of ketosis. All the chewy bars have around 24 grams of carbs in them compared with the 14-15gr or so in a sachet/tetra. However the peanut or cranberry "crunch" bars have around the number of carbs as the shakes etc.

Most people love the bars, some a bit too much as it gets them craving real food! The main concern with the bars is the extra carbs which in some people can stall weightloss or kick them out of ketosis. All the chewy bars have around 24 grams of carbs in them compared with the 14-15gr or so in a sachet/tetra. However the peanut or cranberry "crunch" bars have around the number of carbs as the shakes etc.

I think I'd probably get the cranberry or peanut if anything then.

Thank you, you've been really helpful! :)

Thanks for that too, I thought all of the bars were about 24grams of carbs so it's good to hear that the 'crunch' bars are much lower, they are the only one's I eat and I love them but I was gonna give up having the bars in case they were slowing down my loss.

Luci, I have the porridge every night, never any other time, I like to have something hot at night and I don't really like the soups either, but yeah, I'm probably weird anyway :D

Back