• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Porridge- honest opinions needed asap!!

Hi all

I see my CD counsellor tonight for my weigh in (yipee) and am thinking about trying porridge.

Thing is, I LOVE real porridge (Quaker oats with milk) and have heard different things about CD porridge (lumps/texture) really dont want to get some to hate it, and despite hinting my CD counsellor hasn't offered me any to try...

which flavour is best? Whats your thoughts?

thanks x x x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

alexmummy07

Silver Member
S: 17st0lb C: 12st7lb G: 10st7lb BMI: 31 Loss: 4st7lb(26.47%)
Personally I didn't like either of the two, and threw both away which was a waste, but have seen lots of people who did like them x

Jaycey

Post-Menopausal Maniac!
S: 13st1lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 27.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I love the CD porridge and I like both the flavours (perhaps A+C a tiny bit more?) but they do need to be blended with a hand/stick blender to make them lovely and smooth and creamy. (And don't be tempted to add more water to make them more - you just end up with lots of thin porridge-water! :D) I always add a bit more cinnamon too, and perhaps a bit of nutmeg sometimes. Yummy!

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
It's one of those marmite things - you either love it or you hate it. But I'd say it's more like Ready Brek than proper oatey porridge.

I love it, but it makes my CDC gag, LOL. :)

I think the only way to find out is to try it for yourself. Get one original porridge and one apple and cinnamon flavour. You could always pay for a couple of extra shakes - just in case you hate it!

tracey001

Back again!!
S: 13st4.0lb C: 13st4.0lb G: 10st7.0lb BMI: 31.9 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Love it!
Love it!
Love it!

So does my hubby, when we were on sole source we were even having it for tea!

Lily

Gold Member
S: 16st11.0lb C: 15st10.0lb G: 13st7.0lb BMI: 37.8 Loss: 1st1lb(6.38%)
LOL, conjures up a really romantic picture of the 2 of you eating porridge by candlelight... :D

**sparkles**

Silver Member
S: 16st0lb C: 9st4lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 23 Loss: 6st10lb(41.96%)
I hate the porridge-but then again I've never liked normal porridge! Just decided to try it because everyone was saying how yummy it was.:D Still looked and tasted like wallpaper paste to me....!

lisalulu

Silver Member
S: 19st4lb C: 19st0lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 44.3 Loss: 0st4lb(1.48%)
Certainly give it a try. I don't like the soups, so I love the porridge to warm me up and feel like I am eating something rather than drinking all the time. It took a few attempts to get the consitancy/texture right but I've got my own little technique down to a tee now and love it. I add a sweetner tablet to the water before pouring it over the powder, squashing all the lumps out with a fork, good stir (still using the fork) and of course nuking for a minute in the microwave. Comes out lovely and sweet- just right!!

okay.. thanks for all the responses I am definitely going to get 2 extra packs and try 1 of each. Theres a lot of porridge lovers out there!!!! Will let you know if I am joining the gang!!

I don't mind the taste of the porridge but the smell is not good as far as my nose is concerned! I struggle to eat a whole bowl - have it in two halves now which seems to make it easier.

Count210

S: 15st10lb C: 11st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 4st0lb(25.45%)
I have a+c porridge when I am at work. I split it, so have some at 8am when I arrive and the rest at 11am when I get the munchies and everyone else is eating choc!

louii

S: 15st9lb C: 13st1lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 31.4 Loss: 2st8lb(16.44%)
It makes me gag, especially the Apple and Cinnamon one.

S: 12st13lb C: 12st0lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 30.7 Loss: 0st13lb(7.18%)
Well, one thing I can tell you NOT to do with porridge is add coffee granuals to it. I decided this would be a good idea as I dont drink coffee but needed caffeine today. It was the most revolting thing ever and spoilt my favourite meal of the day :(