Porridge- honest opinions needed asap!!

Scarlett

Hi all

I see my CD counsellor tonight for my weigh in (yipee) and am thinking about trying porridge.

Thing is, I LOVE real porridge (Quaker oats with milk) and have heard different things about CD porridge (lumps/texture) really dont want to get some to hate it, and despite hinting my CD counsellor hasn't offered me any to try...

which flavour is best? Whats your thoughts?

thanks x x x

Personally I didn't like either of the two, and threw both away which was a waste, but have seen lots of people who did like them x

I love the CD porridge and I like both the flavours (perhaps A+C a tiny bit more?) but they do need to be blended with a hand/stick blender to make them lovely and smooth and creamy. (And don't be tempted to add more water to make them more - you just end up with lots of thin porridge-water! :D) I always add a bit more cinnamon too, and perhaps a bit of nutmeg sometimes. Yummy!

It's one of those marmite things - you either love it or you hate it. But I'd say it's more like Ready Brek than proper oatey porridge.

I love it, but it makes my CDC gag, LOL. :)

I think the only way to find out is to try it for yourself. Get one original porridge and one apple and cinnamon flavour. You could always pay for a couple of extra shakes - just in case you hate it!

Love it!
Love it!
Love it!

So does my hubby, when we were on sole source we were even having it for tea!

LOL, conjures up a really romantic picture of the 2 of you eating porridge by candlelight... :D

I hate the porridge-but then again I've never liked normal porridge! Just decided to try it because everyone was saying how yummy it was.:D Still looked and tasted like wallpaper paste to me....!

Certainly give it a try. I don't like the soups, so I love the porridge to warm me up and feel like I am eating something rather than drinking all the time. It took a few attempts to get the consitancy/texture right but I've got my own little technique down to a tee now and love it. I add a sweetner tablet to the water before pouring it over the powder, squashing all the lumps out with a fork, good stir (still using the fork) and of course nuking for a minute in the microwave. Comes out lovely and sweet- just right!!

okay.. thanks for all the responses I am definitely going to get 2 extra packs and try 1 of each. Theres a lot of porridge lovers out there!!!! Will let you know if I am joining the gang!!

I don't mind the taste of the porridge but the smell is not good as far as my nose is concerned! I struggle to eat a whole bowl - have it in two halves now which seems to make it easier.

I have a+c porridge when I am at work. I split it, so have some at 8am when I arrive and the rest at 11am when I get the munchies and everyone else is eating choc!

It makes me gag, especially the Apple and Cinnamon one.

Well, one thing I can tell you NOT to do with porridge is add coffee granuals to it. I decided this would be a good idea as I dont drink coffee but needed caffeine today. It was the most revolting thing ever and spoilt my favourite meal of the day :(

Back