Porridge

kime13

Are there Any alternative porridge options than the 2 offered by slim and save that anyone could recommend?!

I used to eat sachets of oats so simple everyday and loved it! Was delighted that slim and save had 2 porridge options but I've tried both twice now and they make me feel sick! I hate the flavour and the consistency! I'm a water and salt porridge cook but it's just been so bad! Tried less water, micro longer, micro shorter etc!

Wondered if there's any alternatives anyone could recommend that I could switch too but still continue on slim and save for my other 3 packs a day?!

Wondered how it would effect weight loss switching to oats so simple? Too many carbs?

First week and this is the only thing I can see being a major hurdle for me! Everything else going well!

I look forward to your advice or tips!? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You can't substitute them for 'normal' porridge. Too high in carbs etc but more importantly you won't get the nutrients. The only other option would be another VLCD porridge

Yea try another vlcd porridge x

Hayley Jane :) 8 st 3lb to lose

Dietimeal do porridge, I used the apple one in the beginning.

LOL we had the same thought lexi!

Thanks guys
I shall have a look at all your suggestions!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only mentioned as I was looking at the Kee diet last night, someone on Mumsnet was saying it was cheaper (it's not) and it' the Avidlite products they're using by the looks of it.

DietiMeal Pro Oatmeal Cereal, box of 7 sachets

This variety is Maple syrup/brown sugar etc.

The maple is delish!! And higher protein.. win win!

Ive tasted Lighterlife and Cambridge porridge and they are both very similar to S&S porridge, not tried Exante but I imagine its similar and exante sachets are 200cals each just to let you know

I have an exante porridge upstairs somewhere. Might try it one day to see what it tastes like.

When I first started S&S I liked the oatmeal porridge (liked the other one too but preferred the oatmeal as tasted sweeter). I think it might have been because I've never eaten 'real' porridge so I had nothing to compare it to. Now I can't stand it! Although I haven't had any for 2 weeks so maybe I'll like it again. I might look into the diet meal ones later when I am on the laptop.

Luv2BSlim said:
I have an exante porridge upstairs somewhere. Might try it one day to see what it tastes like.

When I first started S&S I liked the oatmeal porridge (liked the other one too but preferred the oatmeal as tasted sweeter). I think it might have been because I've never eaten 'real' porridge so I had nothing to compare it to. Now I can't stand it! Although I haven't had any for 2 weeks so maybe I'll like it again. I might look into the diet meal ones later when I am on the laptop.

I cant stand porridge normal or s and s but I av to say the exante porridge is delicious in my opinion! I lived on that before moving to s and s :)

Back