Porridge + Hunger pains

Prinzessin

Shoe Queen!
Hiya all you lovely people!

Just a quick one, I have started having the porridge for brekkie and since then have been getting back all the hunger pains ...like the ones you get in the first 3 days of SS.
Am I doing something wrong?? I have porridge sachet am, chocolate mint for lunch then hot or cold chocolate mint for tea. I am drinking plenty of water and some days have a cup of green or peppermint tea.
Any ideas why this is happeneing? :(

Don't know really. Maybe the carb content? Does anyone have a box or know how many grams of carb are in a packet of porridge?

The carb content is higher than shakes if I remember rightly.x

Yes I think its about the same as the bars!We have been told at our group to only have 1 a day.

I have a porridge box here with the info on it, it says 16.1 grams of carbs per 40g serving whereas the shakes are 14.1 grams.

Maybe because there's more water in the shakes it fills you up more?

Hi guys...
Thanks for the replies :)
Very helpful to know about the carb content, never thought of that!
It makes sense, I am very sensitive to carbs, I get headaches and bad hunger pains when I come off them, like when I started SSing, that was always my problem , I get terrible cravings too...maybe I need to avoid the porridge if this is what happens :(

Im the same with porridge hun so I save mine for the evening while im watching tv, its lovely and warming on these very cold nights.xx

The carb content is only a tad higher, so one really shouldn't knock you out of ketosis, but you are obviously very carb sensitive, so it might be something you have to avoid :(

Yes I think its about the same as the bars!We have been told at our group to only have 1 a day.

A little higher than the peanut and cranberry bars which happen to be lower carb than the shakes!. But the porridge is a lot lower than the other bars.

BTW, there isn't a ruling about only having one a day (like with the bars...as they can give you tummy troubles), but there has been a warning about carb sensitive people having 3 a day.

Hiya, Thanks so much for the advice on here, It's so helpful :D
Im going to try having porridge at bedtime and see how that goes, if not then reluctantly going to have to avoid them, I really like it too!! :(

Back