Porridge question...

naomi1611

Will B Slim
Hi everyone
I have tried twice and failed twice to make the porridge texture edible. How do you all make yours? Maybe i need to try a new method. At the moment it is coming out like the gravel from outside:sign0137: Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi,
I just use half a sachet and mix with some boiled water and put in the microwave for about 30 secs. I use the ordinary flavour and add some cinnamon and sometimes some ginger. I mix it fairly runny and it thickens up a bit in microwave. It might work better if you give it a stir or two as it's cooking. It's funny really as I have never been able to eat porridge even as a kid I hated the texture, but I do like this.

Good luck

Hi Naomi, I just add mine to 140mls of hot water and whisk with a folk, put it in the microwave for 45mins, stir then let it cool,mmmm.

Hi Naomi, I just add mine to 140mls of hot water and whisk with a folk, put it in the microwave for 45mins, stir then let it cool,mmmm.

I put about 160mls lol then do the same, I have a tefal quick cup so doesn;t make the water boiling and tastes scrummy

Berry - off topic but how do you find your quick cup? I've been interested in one for a while now but wasn't sure.. does it just heat to a nice temp if it doesn't boil it?

I do as above, add to water, mix with a fork, 50 seconds in my micro, let it stand for a minute.. that's it :) it swells up after that time so is no longer runny and has a lovely skin on (which I like). :D

sorry, i meant 45 secs.lol

Berry - off topic but how do you find your quick cup? I've been interested in one for a while now but wasn't sure.. does it just heat to a nice temp if it doesn't boil it?

I do as above, add to water, mix with a fork, 50 seconds in my micro, let it stand for a minute.. that's it :) it swells up after that time so is no longer runny and has a lovely skin on (which I like). :D

I love my quick cup!! Had it about 7months now

It makes tea really hot, I can drink it very hot, but still can;t drink it! Also with green tea and even doing a hot shake (as not meant to use boiling water!!) it's fab

It heats up to 83degrees like a heating element that instantly does it, it's very very quick!! I put my cup under press the button, then walk off to let the dog out in the garden and it's there ready to be stired:D:D

Ok thanks guys. I was thinking i wouldnt bother getting anymore porridge sachets as it was cleary not working out. Think i will buy 1 more on Saturdays weigh in and try one last time. Hope it works it would be great to feel like i am having some brekky:D

Back