PORRIDGE????

Rayven

Addicted to Minimins!
O.k so after cutting down on the carbs drastically yesterday I'm officially on day 1 of ss! :D
Have just had my first pack of the day and thought i'd try porridge as i haven't had it before............and it was.......erm.........interesting. It didn't make me vomit or anything but it was very runny, sweet and sickly. Am i making it wrong or is it supposed to be like that? :confused: I only got the Maple & Pecan one as my CDC said it was the nicest. Do you think its the nicest too? Cos if thats the nicest i think i may give it a miss next time! lol :rolleyes:

Yes the maple and pecan is sweet.... and they all tend to be quite runny.
I personally prefer the apple and cinnamon as I add more cinnamon to enhance the flavour. I also make mine up with a little more water, because, otherwise I think it tastes powdery.
I think that you have to take the word porridge and give it 'poetic licence'! It's more.... what's the word I'm looking for???

Ah yes! Gruel!!!

Ali xx

yuk, yuk, yuk.

I had one and forced it down. I took the rest back and swapped them for shakes.

I think that you have to take the word porridge and give it 'poetic licence'! It's more.... what's the word I'm looking for???

Ah yes! Gruel!!!

I think even with poetic licence calling it porridge may be stretching things slightly! lol

I only have two more so i'll force them down this week and then stick to the shakes i think!

Rayven said:
I think even with poetic licence calling it porridge may be stretching things slightly! lol

I only have two more so i'll force them down this week and then stick to the shakes i think!

Well done! I'm on day 3 I'm struggling a little I'm at work w everyones eating and I feel hungry :( I'm not gonna let it beaten xx

i love the maple porridge. love it! make sure you mix carefully and use the right amount of water. you can make it with a little less if you need to!

Its the devils food.
Manky horrible disgusting stuff. I took it all back and swapped it for shakes. It gives me the boak just thinking about it!!lol

Bless ya Elaine - i didn't find it that bad......bad enough but not 'that' bad. lol

Definitely measure out the water correctly and use a hand blender....makes it a bit thicker. All of them are quite sweet - even the original.

I love the porridges!! If u use the exact amount of water 5fluid oz they are runny just like porridge. They are sweet tho apple and cinnamon not as sweet think that's why I like them cause they are sweet!

Haha that was supposed to say they are not runny if u use the exact amount of water x

The plain porridge is much nicet and also leave it stand for 5 mins after microwaving and it will thicken alot x

Threw mine in the bin and not touched one since Yuk, Yuk, Yuk!!!!

thanks guys - i think i'll finish off the ones i have and then stick to shakes. xx

Back