porridge

candypie

Well i have received my winter warmer pack and made my porridge but must have over done the water as was like porridge soup god and thats me trying to get away from the soup! Anyone else made it and how much water did you use?

Well i have received my winter warmer pack and made my porridge but must have over done the water as was like porridge soup god and thats me trying to get away from the soup! Anyone else made it and how much water did you use?

I followed the advice of one of the ladies here and use the 200mls of water and cook in the microwave for 5 mins and leave to stand for a few mins - be careful though as you need to stop the microwave and stir frequently or it will spill over and you will loose valuable fodder lol

Last edited:
I really love my porridge soup :drool: Good luck making it thicker x

I haven't actually tried thickening it as such coz I really like it runny hehe. With cinnamon and really hot, takes a while to eat and is very comforting with my mug of coffee.

I eat mine with a tea spoon, seems to make it last longer and feels like I've had something quite substantial x

Mmmm. You guys are making me want to try the winter warmer set next! I love porridge! I'm just not sure about the pasta bit. Does it actually taste like pasta? Does it have actual noodles in it?

Yep I make mine the same as alia!! Just make sure you watch it cus I was gutted when I lost half of mine lol

Mmmm. You guys are making me want to try the winter warmer set next! I love porridge! I'm just not sure about the pasta bit. Does it actually taste like pasta? Does it have actual noodles in it?

I love the pasta, I bought a box of 50 of them the other day :) It's kind of cheesy and yes there are actual noodles in it. It's a very small portion but I eat it with a teaspoon and I find it quite filling.

I heard cheesy. SOLD!

I'm hooked on the carbonara, although it's a small portion I find it actually fills me for quite a while, have it for dinner every night. I grind chili, pepper, garlic and other herbs in and it's good!! And yes, it definitely has a cheesy taste hehe. Try it!

I can't wait to order more and have some more of the pasta!!

I might have to get some now! I'll see how I feel after a month of the stuff I currently have!

I really want to order the porridge and pasta now but after spending £100 on sheks and bars, my hubby will kill me if i buy more just yet lol

You'll get through the packs you've got in no time, don't worry. When I got my first lot of shakes and soups I thought I'd never get through them, but 3 a day goes pretty quickly :)

yeah I guess you're right, I have put them into one box now which shows how much they have gone down already

well ladies i made porridge thicker and it was disgusting! Not kidding took me 20 min to force it down now im dreading tomorrow. Going back to making it runny i think least easier to force down. Pasta for first time tonight which is kinda funny as i thought the porridge tasted of cheese actually checked the pkt to make sure picked the right one!!!!

LOL

oh no really?? i love the porridge!! lol... sorry ive bigged it up to you so much lol

I out the porridge into the bowl and add enough water to make it go to a thick batter consistancy. I Mic it for one min, then take it out and stir, if it goes to thick and needs more water i add some if its a little to thin i put it back in for 30 secs.... add cinnemon, perfect porridge even looks and tastes like the real creamed porridge

the pasta i have good and bad days.. sometimes i can make it great, other times i dont leave it long enough to thicken, if i really mess it up and make it to runny, i just make it upto 400 ml zap it with my blender stick and call it carbonnara soup.... :p

i wont be beaten by food, its gonna get eaten regardless:)

p.s. garlic powder and herbs go great in the carbonnara :)

Nik

xx

I make the pasta the same way everytime and sometimes it's really thick and sometimes it's a lovely consistency, no idea why it's not consistent.

Back