Porridge

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Angela1, 2 April 2009 Social URL.

1. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Is there a way of cooking porrridge without a microwave?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. miss america

miss america Member

Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi There
    I never cook my porridge in the microwave, I just add hot water from the kettle - give it a nice whisk with a little hand wisk and it is all done and yummy.

4. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    I don't have a microwave either. I put it in a pan with cold water & heat it on cooker slowly, stirring with a wooden spoon. I never let it get anywhere near boiling, but it does thicken up nicely... this has been part of my routine from the start. Once I was away for the weekend & tried to make it in mum-in-laws micro, it kind of went everywhere, like the quatermass or something... cooker-top is way easier, but don't let it boil!
    xxx

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    To cook porridge without a microwave, you need use a saucepan of water on the hob, and a bowl over that with the porridge in.

You shouldn't put it in the saucepan or let it have any direct heat at all as it can affect the nutrients

6. Katycakes

Katycakes Stubborn tortoise

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Current Weight:
    14st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(0.97%)
    Diet:
    Unsure
    Y'know, as I was writing the above I had a fear deep down that it wasn't allowed... me and my big mouth! Thanks KD, too late for today, but will try tomorrow. I had been told it was fine as long as you didn't boil things, and thought that if I stopped at heating it to warm I would be OK. At least you have told me a solution - would be lost without my porridge!
    xxx

7. Angela1

Angela1 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.53%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers PP
    Thanks. Going away in the caravan on Weds for 6 days, gas but no electric or microwave. Can't face a shake for breakfast. Hooked on porridge. I'll try this out tomorrow.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.