Extra Easy portion control

In the sense that there are so many free foods that are unlimited, no it doesn't teach portion control. But no one would lose weight if you ate & ate until you were busting at the seams. You have to find out how much you need to eat to be SATISFIED, not full. In that sense, it has taught me portion control. I know that if I eat big pasta bakes I won't have a good loss. I eat balanced meals ensuring I have 1/3 super free so I never eat too much.

In a way. They recommend a third superfree with each meal, to fill you up and act as a natural portion control. They also say eat when you're hungry. Don't just eat free food for the sake of eating. So, by not swarfing back food when you're not hungry, you'll naturally have portion control. Personally, I've found that as I've lost weight, my appetite has shrunk. Result!

Of course you do - its the same with any healthy eating plan. The way that SW controls portions is the 1/3rd superfree recommendation, and the stop when you are full advice. Those 2 things should mean your portions of ftee food like mear, pasta etc are controlled. The key thing is that you shouldn't need to weigh those portions.

I tend to fill my plate with big portions still, out of habit. But I am slowly learning that just because food is on my plate, doesn't mean it has to be eaten. I now stop eating when I am satisfied. I've noticed the food left over on my plate is getting larger all the time, if only I could stop being a greedy guts and filling my plate so much in the first place :)

I agree that the portion control comes automatically with the 1/3rd superfree and only eat until you feel full concept but it's not like you need to weigh and measure to any great lengths.

I've recently started to use smaller plates as I also find my appetite has shrunk a bit and therefore the amounts I'm currently eating have done also. This was evident last night at our SW group Christmas dinner which was 3 courses but wasn't SW friendly. I struggled with all the food, and it made me wonder where I used to put it all. :confused: Clearly it went down my throat found it's way all round my middle and spread from there.... :eek: :rotflmao:

Wow her have the diet plates on offer today, I'm going to combine them with SW to make sure I don't get over excited with my portions.

Using a smaller plate really does work. I've done that for a long time and it's really good for tricking your brain. Also a tip I picked up from someone else is to always leave something on your plate...even if it's one baked bean! As Soph08 said, just because it's there doesn't mean we have to eat it. Learning to eat slowly and stop when you're full is such a huge mind-shift and it's changing a lifetime of having "clean your plate" drummed into you. Once you start being able to leave something, it's amazing how your portions change.

Another tip..........after each mouthful put your knife and fork down, makes you eat slower so gives your brain time to realise its full! :)

Sent from my iPad

Wow her have the diet plates on offer today, I'm going to combine them with SW to make sure I don't get over excited with my portions.

The diet plate doesn't give you a third of veg It is a tiny portion

do u still need to count calories? is there a calorie limit for slimming world ?

No No need whatsoever. it is all worked out for you. Sometimes it is useful to know that each syn = 20 calories (useful when wanting to grab something to munch on)

The diet plate doesn't give you a third of veg It is a tiny portion

No No need whatsoever. it is all worked out for you. Sometimes it is useful to know that each syn = 20 calories (useful when wanting to grab something to munch on)
thank you brightonrosie i was getting worried at how much i was eating

Back